Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Lady_Athena

Ranked is for German BB's

4 comments in this topic

[BLKRS]
[BLKRS]
Alpha Tester
700 posts
2,349 battles

Always struggle, like massively struggle with my German BB's in high tiers, since their dispersion is so horrible, and the damage so wildly different. You can't ever push up you're going to get melted by cruisers and DD's and other BB's shooting at you if you get within your effective range, so half the game you're just twiddling your thumb hoping your team doesn't melt and you get to do something. Yet I find with the ranked games, they excel above any other ship since they actually get to do what they are supposed to do, I can push in, get up front, and be an effective annoyance with my secondaries.

I struggle to get over 120k dmg in my high tier German BB's some days barely able to get 70k which is horrible for me personally, since any other ship and nation I can get 100k no problem in most games.

Yet ranked.. 200k damage on average (never went under 160k so far) and top of the team over and over and over. I love it :D especially since it really lets me use the turtleback armor with extreme efficiency.

20190205223318_1.thumb.jpg.4b25d907c0b1cd189d55feb0f9831ebc.jpg

• Boring 1

[PQUOD]
Members
1,047 posts
7,636 battles
7 minutes ago, Lady_Athena said:

Always struggle, like massively struggle with my German BB's in high tiers, since their dispersion is so horrible, and the damage so wildly different. You can't ever push up you're going to get melted by cruisers and DD's and other BB's shooting at you if you get within your effective range, so half the game you're just twiddling your thumb hoping your team doesn't melt and you get to do something. Yet I find with the ranked games, they excel above any other ship since they actually get to do what they are supposed to do, I can push in, get up front, and be an effective annoyance with my secondaries.

I struggle to get over 120k dmg in my high tier German BB's some days barely able to get 70k which is horrible for me personally, since any other ship and nation I can get 100k no problem in most games.

Yet ranked.. 200k damage on average (never went under 160k so far) and top of the team over and over and over. I love it :D especially since it really lets me use the turtleback armor with extreme efficiency.

20190205223318_1.thumb.jpg.4b25d907c0b1cd189d55feb0f9831ebc.jpg

All of the ships I've faced have all carried well for their class. I have sailed the Fletcher, Buffalo, Iowa, and the Musashi. They all have their strengths. I've faced the German BB's. Hard to citadel and their secondaries are hitting and setting fires before mine. Not even mentioning the German hydro acoustic sonar.

[BLKRS]
[BLKRS]
Alpha Tester
700 posts
2,349 battles
1 minute ago, Capt_Ahab1776 said:

All of the ships I've faced have all carried well for their class. I have sailed the Fletcher, Buffalo, Iowa, and the Musashi. They all have their strengths. I've faced the German BB's. Hard to citadel and their secondaries are hitting and setting fires before mine. Not even mentioning the German hydro acoustic sonar.

Really the point of my post is that German BB's shine the most in Ranked over other game modes. You're right, all ships do a good job in Ranked and can carry themselves, but German BB's strengths really pull through for it in Ranked more so than any other mode by a long shot.

• Funny 1

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,119 posts
4,337 battles

And yet I only remember seeing one Friedrich in ranked thus far this season, and he met a rather unfortunate end. Still, I can't argue with the results or the logic, with close-in maps that have lots of cover and destroyers all over the place, hydro and up close brawling are certainly a good choice.

Sign in to follow this