Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
WraithCAS

RIP DD playerbase?

81 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

12
[ECOM]
[ECOM]
Members
15 posts
12,262 battles

I've noticed a huge drop in DD presence in higher tier matches ..... Played quite a few games without any DD at all. In fact, most of the games I've played at tier 8-9-10 had only 1 or 2 DDs in them.

I recently played a few DD games to see it for myself and oh my. Really hard to do your job right with a CV around, near impossible with 2 of them in your match. Long range AA do nothing to planes, so unless you are sitting right next to your CAs, they won't save you from planes. CVs can't really help you against the enemy planes either. Near useless AA for DDs and smoke doesn't protect you as much as it did before. I don't main DDs and I feel sorry for them.

Being focused by two CVs now feels like you're getting [edited] in every possible holes

If that doesn't say anything about the recent CVs rework then I don't know what will. In all honesty ....  you guys are [edited] when it comes to balance. Seriously, who the **** does the testing for you, [edited]?

  • Cool 7
  • Funny 4
  • Boring 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
862
[POD]
Beta Testers
3,284 posts
4,970 battles

the supreme soviet today has defeated the infamous DD mafia,with the help of the CV bullies and cruiser gang,the DD mafia lost too many members to remain competitive in the country.

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 3
  • Bad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
136
[CRMSN]
Members
425 posts
3,136 battles
3 minutes ago, Cruxdei said:

the supreme soviet today has defeated the infamous DD mafia,with the help of the CV bullies and cruiser gang,the DD mafia lost too many members to remain competitive in the country.

I remember your name, 

You specifically told me to "Spot DD noob -1"

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 4
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
105
[WOLF2]
Members
287 posts
15,079 battles
10 minutes ago, WraithCAS said:

I've noticed a huge drop in DD presence in higher tier matches ..... Played quite a few games without any DD at all. In fact, most of the games I've played at tier 8-9-10 had only 1 or 2 DDs in them.

I recently played a few DD games to see it for myself and oh my. Really hard to do your job right with a CV around, near impossible with 2 of them in your match. Long range AA do nothing to planes, so unless you are sitting right next to your CAs, they won't save you from planes. CVs can't really help you against the enemy planes either. Near useless AA for DDs and smoke doesn't protect you as much as it did before. I don't main DDs and I feel sorry for them.

Being focused by two CVs now feels like you're getting [edited] in every possible holes

If that doesn't say anything about the recent CVs rework then I don't know what will. In all honesty ....  you guys are ****ing clowns when it comes to balance. Seriously, who the **** does the testing for you, monkeys?

In the end we are all monkeys, happy with whatever they gave right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
290
[HCH]
[HCH]
Beta Testers
905 posts
7,538 battles

Only the DDs who run off on their own away from the herd, and its collective AA protection. So basically all IJN ninja torpedo boats, and any DDs that attempt cap rushes or flanking/scouting tactics

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
463
[H_]
Members
1,212 posts
1 minute ago, luckyhoho said:

In the end we are all monkeys, happy with whatever they gave right?

You may be more correct in your response than your humor says..........  If the goal is to create an arcade FPS FFA, with quick games, we all are just shooters using different weapons....  there are no rules or roles in a FFA.....just blast away and repeat as often as possible........  Sprinkle a little meta gimmick dust out there and FPS types buy everything.....  So, what you said becomes FFA reality because that is the freaking plan guys.........and, it works in WoTs and will work here.....

Well, maybe in Eastern Europe maybe.......  North America???  I'm not so sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,708
[-K-]
[-K-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,944 posts
7,280 battles
5 minutes ago, sulghunter331 said:

Only the DDs who run off on their own away from the herd

Yeah, who needs screening and caps.

  • Cool 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
862
[POD]
Beta Testers
3,284 posts
4,970 battles
14 minutes ago, Toxic_Masculinity said:

I remember your name, 

You specifically told me to "Spot DD noob -1"

and you did a great job doing it,unless i'm mistaking you with my others "goons".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,600
[KSE]
Members
7,725 posts
8,051 battles
4 minutes ago, vak_ said:

Yeah, who needs screening and caps.

Exactly. So, only DDS who try to do their jobs. The ones who have always not done their jobs should be just fine.

 

Seems legit.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
543
[BLKRS]
[BLKRS]
Alpha Tester
700 posts
2,349 battles
16 minutes ago, sulghunter331 said:

Only the DDs who run off on their own away from the herd, and its collective AA protection. So basically all IJN ninja torpedo boats, and any DDs that attempt cap rushes or flanking/scouting tactics

And since the Ninja derp IJN torpedo boats were the majority of DD playerbase yea you're seeing alot less of them because now there is something to actually counter them. Go figure. Far as I'm concerned, good.

  • Cool 2
  • Boring 4
  • Bad 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
108
[PT]
Members
362 posts
1,432 battles

My last game I've tried to spot in my Benson, was lit up quickly by a cluster of jet planes, then deleted in a single long range Yamato salvo, lasted 90 seconds... The Yamatos rofling just poured salt on my wounds. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,519
[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
7,237 posts
11,044 battles

I'm not really willing to guinea-pig high tier destroyer play much more, it's not just the overabundance of carriers - every T10 game so far today has had 2 - it's the fact that even higher numbers of people are migrating into AA cruisers.

And those AA cruisers include Des Moines, Worcester and Minotaur, hardly the bonus ships you want to see. Two carriers and 4 of 5 red cruisers toting radar?

 

At worst, the games are short, brutal and punctuated by rocket strikes. At best, they're static, passive and campy.

 

I'm pretty concerned DD's with an already high skill floor will be increasingly split into two camps, the care-not potatoes and the superunicums who can deal with it. When you then end up with superunicum/potato stratification and only a handful of destroyers and maybe 1 per side, it suddenly becomes nasty to get the bad DD driver. That's basically a repeat of getting the bad carrier in the old system...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51
[STW-M]
Beta Testers
273 posts
7,732 battles

iZv7ri7.png
hm6NY8v.png i closed my game out so i cant make screan caps of my games but no dds are not dead only people who cant adapt stopped playing all those games are all strickly with akizuki 

Edited by usspaul3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,120 posts
95 battles

From what I'd seen all DD mains are playing ranked. There's no CVs and a fun game mode where destroyers can carry easily and also it's always amusing to have my Fletcher with 4.6 km concealment, heal and 2 seconds reload.

I'll just wait for CV novelty to wear off and fixes to get implemented, because with the current F-spam at top tiers, it's not fun being in a DD at all. Last night I had a game with over 200k plane damage, but only shot down 5 or 6 planes thanks to making them invincible by a simple press of an F-key.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,081 posts
3,570 battles
1 hour ago, Cruxdei said:

the supreme soviet today has defeated the infamous DD mafia,with the help of the CV bullies and cruiser gang,the DD mafia lost too many members to remain competitive in the country.

LOL. :Smile_great: 

The DD Mafia is alive and well :Smile_trollface:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
142
[LANCE]
Members
451 posts
4,037 battles

My Harugamo, Groz and Gearing have been shooting down planes tonight. It’s a bit more difficult to do your job but it can be done. Also a lot of DD player are probably in ranked at the moment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
418
[SOV]
Members
1,332 posts
1 hour ago, Asym_KS said:

You may be more correct in your response than your humor says..........  If the goal is to create an arcade FPS FFA, with quick games, we all are just shooters using different weapons....  there are no rules or roles in a FFA.....just blast away and repeat as often as possible........  Sprinkle a little meta gimmick dust out there and FPS types buy everything.....  So, what you said becomes FFA reality because that is the freaking plan guys.........and, it works in WoTs and will work here.....

Well, maybe in Eastern Europe maybe.......  North America???  I'm not so sure.

These games are not fast granted I have only been playing the cv but every game basicly goes 20 min. So unless they change the tine its longer for me.

Why would they want that do. Not sure I understand your math.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
418
[SOV]
Members
1,332 posts
5 minutes ago, geser98 said:

From what I'd seen all DD mains are playing ranked. There's no CVs and a fun game mode where destroyers can carry easily and also it's always amusing to have my Fletcher with 4.6 km concealment, heal and 2 seconds reload.

I'll just wait for CV novelty to wear off and fixes to get implemented, because with the current F-spam at top tiers, it's not fun being in a DD at all. Last night I had a game with over 200k plane damage, but only shot down 5 or 6 planes thanks to making them invincible by a simple press of an F-key.

See this is the problem. DD have had it easy as you say for so long that they dont want it to change.

The idea that it was your right to sail around and spot and never be spotted.

It was not suppose to be that way. Cv were supoose to be in every match to challange that. It did not happen and here we are.

In todays cv its 1 plane thats it. In rts it was 9. That is objectively better. DD are the onse having to addapt and they dont like it.

As do Look many dd players have told everyone "got better" well now its there turn.

Its not insulting dd but they are nkt the untouchable stealth they were. And its a good thing.

There is team play now, no more camping.

There great things here.

  • Cool 2
  • Bad 1
  • Angry 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
418
[SOV]
Members
1,332 posts
1 hour ago, Lady_Athena said:

And since the Ninja derp IJN torpedo boats were the majority of DD playerbase yea you're seeing alot less of them because now there is something to actually counter them. Go figure. Far as I'm concerned, good.

lol yea!!!!! Its tine to adapt and over come!

  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25
[AFW]
Members
116 posts
2,978 battles

Ahhh, well holy crap. It was the DDs that ruined the game for doing what they were supposed to do and what they were built for.  Well fk me. Thank you for pointing that out.

LMBO.  

Please so tell us more.  I am loading up my crack pipe to get into your frame of mind!!

FFS, it is way more folks on here than DD mains giving this rework a thumbs down.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
717
[HEROS]
Members
1,497 posts
12,737 battles

A note to the negative nancy's.  

Your doing a fantastic job of fun killing this with your vengeful crap..  Keep it up and there will not BE a game..Stop being so damd selfish and self centered..

If you think DD play has EVER been easy think again.   Perhaps for a short period of 6-8 months when the game first launched.  But it gotten more and more difficult.    the old CV were nasty, the new is even worse because before they had to at least be good.

 

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,120 posts
95 battles
8 minutes ago, jags_domain said:

See this is the problem. DD have had it easy as you say for so long that they dont want it to change.

The idea that it was your right to sail around and spot and never be spotted.

It was not suppose to be that way. Cv were supoose to be in every match to challange that. It did not happen and here we are.

In todays cv its 1 plane thats it. In rts it was 9. That is objectively better. DD are the onse having to addapt and they dont like it.

As do Look many dd players have told everyone "got better" well now its there turn.

Its not insulting dd but they are nkt the untouchable stealth they were. And its a good thing.

There is team play now, no more camping.

There great things here.

"DDs have to adapt" is a standard mantra. We had to adapt to proliferation of hydro, we had to adapt to over-abundance of radar, we had to adapt to BB AP dealing full pen damage, now we'll need to adapt to changing of CV mechanics. I see no problem in this. The simple issue is that currently CVs are completely broken at high tiers which is blatantly obvious when WG decided to implement a hotfix which they almost never do.

Don't worry. We'll adapt and still use and abuse our concealment (because we have no other tools at our disposal) and we'll learn how to deal with CV strike packages.

On the other hand, you probably don't play DDs much at all if you think of them being 'untouchable'. Everyone wants DDs dead, radar is everywhere and more often than not DDs are first ships dead in the game. Being a destroyer is the most dangerous and the most stressful role in the team and it takes a lot of skill to play them and do well at the moment. 

Also...the grammar. It's frankly embarrassing to read. Do you not care about people who will have to read what you wrote so much that you can't even muster strength to use spell-check that's built in every major web browser?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
144
[WOLF2]
Members
389 posts
12,730 battles
1 hour ago, sulghunter331 said:

Only the DDs who run off on their own away from the herd, and its collective AA protection. So basically all IJN ninja torpedo boats, and any DDs that attempt cap rushes or flanking/scouting tactics

 

Which is supposed to be their job.

 

Collective AA?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,301
[INTEL]
Members
9,242 posts
26,900 battles
31 minutes ago, Bravo4zero said:

My Harugamo, Groz and Gearing have been shooting down planes tonight. It’s a bit more difficult to do your job but it can be done. Also a lot of DD player are probably in ranked at the moment.

The only reason they might be there is because Randoms suck. Ranked has never resulted in strings of 0 DD matches. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,239
Members
4,094 posts
15,015 battles
1 hour ago, WraithCAS said:

I've noticed a huge drop in DD presence in higher tier matches ..... Played quite a few games without any DD at all. In fact, most of the games I've played at tier 8-9-10 had only 1 or 2 DDs in them.

You'll find that some of them, like me, have migrated to Co-op.

I never thought that I'd feel this way but ever since 8.0 I find Co-op more fun to play than Random.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×