You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
DevilD0g

buying a premium CV in 8.2

18 comments in this topic

[RAN]
[RAN]
Members
211 posts
6,810 battles

Its been revealed that

Will Premium CVs be sold again?
Premium CVs will become available for purchase at the earliest after Update 8.2, their new value will be 14,000 Doubloons

I cant see myself paying nearly $90 AUS for a carrier now after the new changes and nerfing that has been done.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and i respect that but not anymore, carriers now have been reduced to a 10% of what they used to be , its just overkill. 

The only way to get sinking is if others have done most of the damage and you just deliver the kill s hot if your lucky enough to get it.

• Cool 1

[NG-NL]
Members
5,342 posts
8,985 battles

Another problem WG needs to address is the frequent uptiering of T8 CVs. All my T9s and 10s can usually shrug off even Lexington attack runs, and AA's maybe overbuffed: I've found it takes repeated BB HE hits to destroy them in most cases. I mean, all the premium CVs are T8 and usually ill-suited to T10 AA.

Fixing that uptiering can be done simply by reversing the protected MM on T4, but WG is reluctant to clean up their own messes historically.

One change I would suggest WG consider is for another 3-8K dubloons, you can buy protected MM for a premium ship--basically, cannot be uptiered +2, only +1. Of course, I'm fine with it being nerfed economically since play my premiums mostly for fun, like Tirpitz and Musashi. Take away the credit bonus, if you like, or like a tech tree ship, the captain has to be trained to that specific ship.

Edited by Reymu
  • Cool 1

[REVY]
Members
1,092 posts
8,359 battles

random silly thought

Why not have the tier of the Aircraft changed depending on the higher tier'd ship?

A T8 CV gets pulled into a T10 battle, why not have the loadout changed to T10 aircraft? If the T8 or 9 is the highest tier, then they stay T8.

Same at T6, if it gets pulled into a T8 battle, give the T8 loadout to the T6.

Like I said, random silly thought.

[FORM]
[FORM]
Members
363 posts
4,509 battles
14 hours ago, DevilD0g said:

Will Premium CVs be sold again? Premium CVs will become available for purchase at the earliest after Update 8.2, their new value will be 14,000 Doubloons

I'm sure it comes with all kinds of shiny this and colored that plus prem blah blah and captain fancypants, etc. 

[S0L0]
Alpha Tester
1,881 posts
2,681 battles

It appears in 8.2 every single premium CV sold will be T8?   As they stand right now pretty tough to play in a tier 10 match which I'll bet they see a lot more often than not?   At that price I  think I'll give it a while.  

[GREIF]
Members
77 posts
919 battles
21 minutes ago, Lord_Slayer said:

random silly thought

Why not have the tier of the Aircraft changed depending on the higher tier'd ship?

A T8 CV gets pulled into a T10 battle, why not have the loadout changed to T10 aircraft? If the T8 or 9 is the highest tier, then they stay T8.

I see where you wanna go with the above.  But than why wouldn't T8 surface ships shoved into a T10 match get an auto HP boost and gun accuracy boost?   

• Bad 1

Members
855 posts
5,273 battles
Just now, warlock_xxxx said:

I see where you wanna go with the above.  But than why wouldn't T8 surface ships shoved into a T10 match get an auto HP boost and gun accuracy boost?   

NO MORE POWER CREEP !!  +1/-1

[GREIF]
Members
77 posts
919 battles
2 minutes ago, TheArc said:

I'm sure it comes with all kinds of shiny this and colored that plus prem blah blah and captain fancypants, etc. 

and if it turns out the ship is a tad OP, don't worry, WG will step in and fix that for you.  That way you won't have to feel guilty about spending money on a good premium.  

[-GDP-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,591 posts
1,097 battles

Probably buy it at the premium shop.

[FORM]
[FORM]
Members
363 posts
4,509 battles
1 hour ago, warlock_xxxx said:

and if it turns out the ship is a tad OP, don't worry, WG will step in and fix that for you.  That way you won't have to feel guilty about spending money on a good premium.  

There's a BIG difference between a good prem and an OP prem. ;)

[-VT3-]
Members
1,752 posts
3,561 battles

They're just attaching the T10 premium price, in case they decide to suddenly and arbitrarily shift it up a couple of tiers in a year.

[PTRGT]
Members
166 posts
25,831 battles

Buying a Premium CV?  After the hash job rework I can't think of any reason I would want a Premium CV. In fact I've still got my Enterprise and Saipan that will be going to join all my other regular CV's at the scrap yard.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
7,288 posts
10,477 battles
16 hours ago, DevilD0g said:

Its been revealed that

Will Premium CVs be sold again?
Premium CVs will become available for purchase at the earliest after Update 8.2, their new value will be 14,000 Doubloons

I cant see myself paying nearly $90 AUS for a carrier now after the new changes and nerfing that has been done.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and i respect that but not anymore, carriers now have been reduced to a 10% of what they used to be , its just overkill. 

The only way to get sinking is if others have done most of the damage and you just deliver the kill s hot if your lucky enough to get it.

OK so this is a CV's are 90% less effective than before thread... whew OK just trying to keep track.

Yes GIF

OK so.. yeah I have two for the prem CV's will likely get the British one when it comes out. If we get a deal on Enterprise I would jump on that as well..... heck who am I kidding I will get everyone of them that I can. lol

[KAOZ]
Beta Testers
3,510 posts
2,599 battles
1 hour ago, Lord_Slayer said:

What a delicious Idea !

As for premium CVs, I want the Ark Royal...  Possibly the Wasp...  Should any of those 2 come along.
It's not as much for being competitive and all, but rather from a collection standpoint.

Members
402 posts
4,273 battles

I for one am at least partly excited for the return of two of the premium CVs. Before this patch, I was very much not a CV player, because I had tried it and found I am not good at the level of multitasking that they required above tier 5. I could not justify paying the price of Kaga or Enterprise just to have a port ornament, so I let them come and go. Now that I am actually quite competent at CVs under this new patch (when the flak RNG allows me to be when at anything less than T10), I can justify spending the money on those two, and possibly Graf Zepplin as well, but Enterprise and Kaga have priority. I admit, I am a ship collector, but I use them as well as collect them. I was sort of hoping they would have let us have one last crack at them at the lower price before the patch as a sales tactic, but it didn't happen. They probably missed a decent sales opportunity to catch some of us before the release of this fairly disappointing rework, but I am now at least able to do something with a CV effectively, and that is good enough for me, for now. I suspect it will take some time to properly balance things out, but I am certain that how things are now is not how they will stay.

Edited by CaptHarlock_222

[NG-NL]
Members
5,342 posts
8,985 battles
2 hours ago, Lord_Slayer said:

random silly thought

It still doesn't get the slot 6 module.

That said, can see WG turning this into the premium CV's gimmick. Tougher planes if uptiered, a real advantage over Shokaku and Lexington.

[WOSV]
Members
435 posts
2,544 battles

Any excuse to add Enterprise to my port is a good one for me.

But flexible Aircraft tiering for Prem CV... hmm.... Given how badly shafted Tier VIII CV are in Tier X matches it kinda makes sense? Or at the very least a flexible Aircraft HP buff? So Enterprise isn't flying out Skyraiders in her mid-war build? An interesting prospect that I honestly am not totally opposed to.

[WOLF6]
Members
651 posts
2,741 battles

I doubt that any premium CVs will, at least initially, be available for dubloons. Chances are they could be slowly leaked into the premium shop one by one for a limited time. Really not sure though.