You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
enderland07

POLL: Have you actually played less post 0.8.0?

Have you actually played less post 0.8.0?  

336 members have voted

1. 1. Has 0.8.0 actually decreased how much you've played?

• Yes
    • No, about the same
    • Probably not but I like saying I'm quitting on the forums anyways
    • I've played more

83 comments in this topic

[MIA-E]
Members
2,706 posts
7,586 battles

Lots of words being flung around on the forums. Threats of quitting, sky is falling (which it is :cap_cool:), etc.

And no, this isn't intended to be a super serious poll.

image.thumb.png.00765322ad6588989c32477890b1729a.png

• Funny 1

[MIA-E]
Members
2,706 posts
7,586 battles

Myself, I've played 22 games in the last week as compared with 46/week the previous two weeks.

So less than 50% as many games post 0.8.0 so far. Not doing ranked, either, so it's not that.

Members
13 posts
7,216 battles

Im playing as many games as I can in a CV.

All the Unicum CV players were forced to relearn quite a bit with the update. I am taking advantage of this to ensure I stay ahead of the pack and become my clan's CV captain; or at least so that I don't get left in the dust. I've made it from tier 6 Ranger to Midway since the update, though with the help of free XP. 

• Cool 1

[SYJ]
[SYJ]
Members
1,598 posts
2,617 battles

Have yet to play a random battle in 8.0, but that is due more so to ranked than to CVs. I think people are just seeking attention because they got the change they asked for

• Cool 1

Members
163 posts
6,602 battles

I've played slightly less, but I voted for "about the same". I've actually enjoyed parts of the CV rework, and I just unlocked and bought Worcester (My last T10 CA/CL) last night. There's still plenty there I'd like to do, but the reality is that we're coming off of a crazy high peak with all the Halloween/Subs/Black Friday/Christmas events, and you've got to slow down at some point before you burn out. 

[RTXN]
Beta Testers
883 posts

The time playing has not changed - the battle modes that I am playing sure have.

Never claimed to have been quitting, just waiting for WG to implement further changes to CV.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,944 posts
7,280 battles
8 minutes ago, enderland07 said:

this isn't intended to be a super serious poll.

LRTcDGi.png

• Funny 1

Members
1,359 posts
8,689 battles

My play decreased prior to patch 8.0. Was semi burnt out from all those holiday missions/pef campaigns. Also MTG Arena revitalized my love for that game. 

But I played a bunch after patch. The changes do not bother me too much, to the point it's not going to change my playing habits. Mostly burnt out from holiday events and checking out Arena. 

• Cool 1

[SPTR]
Members
26,341 posts
11,623 battles

Yes I played less but reason is outside of game commitments since the start of Tuesday last week.

[STAR]
Members
2,954 posts
8,064 battles

Its about the same this last few days but is probably going to be less over the next days, i was testing a few things.

The game is boring/unfun to play. Gameplay is too passive, ships sitting in the back shooting out of 20 km away and hugging each other to get AA cover. CVs just ruin the game IMO, they force players to play passively and punish agressive plays. Some players might like this passive playstyle, but i dont like. If things stay this way im going to play less and less. 

• Cool 3

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,775 posts
12,155 battles

Yes I have played less.  WG keeps following one bone headed move after another.  I admit, I did play last night.  Two games because my buddy wanted to div up.  As soon as he logged, so did I.  I didn't bother to login tonight.  I played some over the weekend, but not as much as normal.  I could only stomach a few games before I wandered off to do something else.  I won most of the games I did play, as usual.  I died to CVs once, maybe twice, I certainly sank more CVs than I died to.

it just wasn't much fun.

[CUTIE]
Members
1,528 posts
6,541 battles

I've had the same availability as in the past.  In January I knocked out 231 random battles, plus a bunch of clan battles & a handful of co-op games for various missions.  I played two games in my Loyang yesterday; they were my first (and so far only) random battles this month.

To the best of my memory, I played around 8-10 random battles after 0.8.0, but during January.

Members
351 posts
6,385 battles
6 minutes ago, neptunes_wrath said:

WOWS 0.8.0

vOeW6fE.png

Love that movie. Wonder how many will get the reference without the help of the internet!

Personally, I haven't played much after I finally downloaded the update this passed weekend.  A few co-op games after I went through and reset several commanders' skills, and sold all my carriers except my Saipan for now. And it will likely go before my time runs out for the 9500 doubloons. I figured I'd let the dust settle, and the pipe dream hope they would roll it back.

[WOLF1]
Members
83 posts
4,213 battles

Slightly less, but that 95% due to no Alaska yet and 5% to CV rework. 

[KAPPA]
Members
438 posts
5,109 battles

Honestly, I'm playing more than I have in a very long time. Not only is the rework a massive breath of fresh air, but I want to stay ahead of the curve. Thus far I feel people are unwilling to adapt, as I've been winning a lot. Got the Anshan and did amazingly in her. Lost, but did very, very well. Been grinding NC and Monarch instead of Izumo for the time being, as, well... ...there's a time and a place for IJN BB grinding, and it certainly isn't now. Really, the only thing I've not taken into random as of yet are cruisers, and I plan to grind my Furutaka a bit tonight, so I'll find out soon.

That said, due to my playstyle, my WR is rapidly going through the roof. I've not only adapted, but I started by understanding the CVs so as to know what to expect. After a kracken in Ryujou, I feel I can start abusing the weaknesses of CVs to my advantage. Fighters are one, so I took the skill to give me a second. Flak is the only effective AA, so I ignore everything but AA mod 1, and usually only use it on ships with few bursts, as it can turn 1 poof into 3. Much more useful than turning 14 into 16, y'know?

[SBS]
Members
3,257 posts
2,408 battles

I played a couple of game in my Langley on Wednesday, but haven't played since.  I don't expect to play anytime soon.  Removing concealment from the game isn't my scene.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[WOLF6]
Members
2,300 posts
5,124 battles

Two randoms. Both wins. Almost no contribution. 

Boycott on paying for anything began almost three months ago over PTS [edited] and prior to that, the YY nerfs. 

Only paying for so much abuse. 

• Boring 1

[INR]
Members
655 posts
3,734 battles

I'm abstaining from voting.

have played less. However, it isn't due to 0.8.0. It's due to school starting up again and working full time.

Edited by WuYixiang

[WOLF6]
Members
2,300 posts
5,124 battles
3 minutes ago, Shoggoth_pinup said:

Honestly, I'm playing more than I have in a very long time. Not only is the rework a massive breath of fresh air, but I want to stay ahead of the curve. Thus far I feel people are unwilling to adapt, as I've been winning a lot. Got the Anshan and did amazingly in her. Lost, but did very, very well. Been grinding NC and Monarch instead of Izumo for the time being, as, well... ...there's a time and a place for IJN BB grinding, and it certainly isn't now. Really, the only thing I've not taken into random as of yet are cruisers, and I plan to grind my Furutaka a bit tonight, so I'll find out soon.

That said, due to my playstyle, my WR is rapidly going through the roof. I've not only adapted, but I started by understanding the CVs so as to know what to expect. After a kracken in Ryujou, I feel I can start abusing the weaknesses of CVs to my advantage. Fighters are one, so I took the skill to give me a second. Flak is the only effective AA, so I ignore everything but AA mod 1, and usually only use it on ships with few bursts, as it can turn 1 poof into 3. Much more useful than turning 14 into 16, y'know?

Enjoy WoCV

[PSP]
Members
7,956 posts
10,499 battles

This goes to show you how polls can be way off. The game is holding its own in terms of numbers of players. The numbers go down when the weather is nice and increase in the winter and around the holidays. There was is a definite upward trend when the patch came out though this will level out over time.

image.thumb.png.ecbb6ec953180bb4263f240696d683f5.png

Edited by Snargfargle

[--O--]
Members
226 posts

Playing less, just getting my three containers an then farting around in lower tiers. t-8 9 10 is pure cancer right now with the With the flying shimamonkeys

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
6,518 posts
19,359 battles
2 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

This goes to show you how polls can be way off. The game is holding its own in terms of numbers of players. The numbers go down when the weather is nice and increase in the winter and around the holidays. There was is a definite upward trend when the patch came out though this will level out over time.

image.thumb.png.ecbb6ec953180bb4263f240696d683f5.png

Well the graph shows that there is growth but it looks stagnant. We need a more detailed graph but the numbers have just barely creeped up from where they were in Nov 2017.... Actually hit a peak in Dec 17 IIRC because of the Santa's crates but you can not see that in this graph. What is needed is actual numbers, how many are new players, how many veterans are we losing, those kinds of things to fully understand the information on the graph. 

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
17,437 posts
10,147 battles
35 minutes ago, enderland07 said:

Myself, I've played 22 games in the last week as compared with 46/week the previous two weeks.

So less than 50% as many games post 0.8.0 so far. Not doing ranked, either, so it's not that.

What is your average per week for the say the last six months?