You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
_Fr0g_

GC and Other Premium Balancing- Sub Oct on the Russian Forum

46 comments in this topic

[HKA]
Members
53 posts
7,056 battles

2063663959_Nerftoall.thumb.png.ee6c3cb533d4714fe39010d6b5b1f66a.png

On the russian forum, thus you can look it up, either Sub is being sarcastic, or look for more balancing of OP premiums.  

Please remove if this is already a thread. 

Thank you. 

https://forum.worldofwarships.ru/topic/123372-закрытое-тестирование-премиум-корабли-и-советские-линкоры/?page=3&tab=comments#comment-5355954

Edited by _Fr0g_

[SYJ]
[SYJ]
Members
1,577 posts
2,611 battles

@Sub_Octavian I think it's a good idea. Fair compensation for owners, so that ships sought after by many can become relevant and within grasp. Nikolai, Belfast, kamikaze, etc

• Bad 2

[XBRTC]
Members
2,282 posts
8,217 battles

"We are very loyal in this aspect - we buff premium ships when they have problems with performance, and avoid nerfing them at all costs. I don't see any point in discussing this now, as there is no precedent of specific ship nerf."  - @Sub_Octavian

source: https://forum.worldofwarships.asia/topic/24531-asia-qa-round-1-answers/

Once you break loyalty and trust, it's very hard to earn it again.

• Cool 8
  • Boring 1

[DAKI]
Beta Testers
2,899 posts
4,248 battles
2 minutes ago, _1204_ said:

@Sub_Octavian I think it's a good idea. Fair compensation for owners, so that ships sought after by many can become relevant and within grasp. Nikolai, Belfast, kamikaze, etc

you and me both know a cash refund isnt going to happen. 

If this is the case, then i will have to say enough. I've supported and defended WG for a long time. This is my queue to stop putting money towards any premium ships.

• Cool 2

[SYJ]
[SYJ]
Members
1,577 posts
2,611 battles
5 minutes ago, Hanger_18 said:

you and me both know a cash refund isnt going to happen. 

If this is the case, then i will have to say enough. I've supported and defended WG for a long time. This is my queue to stop putting money towards any premium ships.

Never said or implied cash refund. Like you said it is frankly a stupid and next to impossible option. I was referring to doubloons

Members
688 posts
823 battles
6 minutes ago, _1204_ said:

Never said or implied cash refund. Like you said it is frankly a stupid and next to impossible option. I was referring to doubloons

We paid for ships not doubloons, so even if he misinterpreted what you said it still sucks.

• Cool 2

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,760 posts
12,155 battles

I don't mind my premium ships being nerfed.  I very much mind my ships being moved tiers to places I may not enjoy playing them much.  I would by far rather have a ship get gutted and remain in tier to be balanced rather than moved and remain competitive.

Edited by crzyhawk
  • Cool 2

[WORX]
Members
2,552 posts
13,870 battles

I mean People are over reacting. I read a portion of sub_oct post before the thread wass locked

"If we were only concerned about money - all the prema would be like Cesare, and we would not care.

Yes, doing balance in an online game is normal." --- Sub Oct same thread

Moving the GC to tier 6 is no that bad. She already sees tier 7 MM. I dont see WOWS nerfing anything else at tier 6... She will do fine.

They do bring up a good point. Just because you buy a car/airplane or anything you use on a daily basis, doesn;t mean the manufacture dont reserve the right to change/update it even when you still own it. 

I can;t argue with them there.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[DAKI]
Beta Testers
2,899 posts
4,248 battles
2 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

I mean People are over reacting. I read a portion of sub_oct post before the thread wass locked

"If we were only concerned about money - all the prema would be like Cesare, and we would not care.

Moving the GC to tier 6 is no that bad. She already sees tier 7 MM. I dont see WOWS nerfing anything else at tier 6... She will do fine.

They do bring up a good point. Just because you buy a car/airplane or anything you use on a daily basis, doesn;t mean the manufacture dont reserve the right to change/update it even when you still own it. 

what bothers me is that this is a direct bait and switch. they just marketed it as rare to sell chirstmas crates, and now they nerf it. 

furthermore they have no incentive to balance premium ships properly if they can just nerf them later. so they can just release OP ships, cash out, nerf them, and start the cycle over again. this opens the playerbase to some really shady business practices.

its nt about this one ship, its that they can do it to any ship.

whose to say they dont take a ship we see as perfectly fine, and give it a "minor" 33% spm nerf? WG are not know for small incremental balance changes.

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
6,518 posts
19,348 battles

I don't have much a stake in the GC discussion. I have the ship, don't use it much, and can not even remember when/how I got it. I do agree with CrzyHawk about balancing the ship instead of moving it to another tier, makes more sense to me. What does chap my buttocks is the compensation. Normally wouldn't mind getting doubloons but I am sitting on 70k of the freaking things and there is nothing interesting to buy with them....  I am literally sick of seeing the freaking things, keep winning them in those free Lunar crates and it kind of angers me now. Announcing the compensation with the addition of different premium ships available for doubloons would have done much to tamp the anger level down. I have grown weary of the same old tired premiums on the tech tree. Wargaming needs to step it up a bit and just git gud. 

Members
610 posts
12,822 battles

The problem with "rebalancing" premiums is that they have often been ADVERTISED by their very OP'dness (nice word). I remember stealth fire DDs still being advertised as such even after the owsf nerf was announced and in testing.

They bragged up the ships left and right to get you to buy them...now they are suddenly bringing them down to earth. You wonder why people are not liking the idea?

• Cool 1

Members
4,094 posts
15,015 battles

Let's see now... A totally Charlie Foxtrot of a CV "rework"... A nerf to concealment... And now a possibility of our paid for premium botes getting nerfed. Has WG mis-management gone loco and decided to piss off the playerbase?

[WORX]
Members
2,552 posts
13,870 battles
38 minutes ago, Hanger_18 said:

ts nt about this one ship, its that they can do it to any ship.

Well the TOS and the ALUA  states you don;t have a claim to anything you buy on your gaming acct.  Its basically a renters agreement you have with the developer.  Renters have limited to no rights to exercise.

While the developer has/maintains all rights to the property you are renting. Concerning your above complaint/objections to the above observations. The rules in place allows them to change any ship they seem as/is needed.

You can call it what what you want. In the eyes of the law, its legal. In their opinion the ships needs to be at tier 6. Even if the community try to spin it as "bait and switch" (which by the way its not by legal definition). They can do it. 

EDIT

I do remember of a circumstance of "?false/misleading" advertisement of a WOWS product... When the  PA-DD line was being introduced, I do question PA-DD having better concealment claim and better range torps then their regular torp DD counterpart claim.

Man was I disappointed when I seen the actual stats. In that case I can give you a meh/maybe shady practice in that case.

Edited by Navalpride33

[SIM]
Members
3,008 posts
4,790 battles

Man, my wife is going to be so excited when I stop chucking $60 at this game every month or so. You mess with my premium vehicles, I mess with your income, comrade.

• Cool 2

[KNMSU]
Members
4,670 posts
5,097 battles
2 minutes ago, SkaerKrow said:

Man, my wife is going to be so excited when I stop chucking $60 at this game every month or so. You mess with my premium vehicles, I mess with your income, comrade.

Yeah it's somewhat exhilarating knowing that I'm not going to have to spend money here anymore. 

Glad to know that this IS the policy change we feared it would be, and it will, in fact, destroy any trust that people have in the premium market moving forward.

Members
688 posts
823 battles
48 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

Does she see T8? Do you know what T8 guns will do to GC, and how ineffective the guns will be against armor of that tier?

[WOLF4]
Members
1,320 posts
2,856 battles

Maybe they should just call them "Premium Rental Ships". Sounds like they have a plan and they are gonna do it be damned. Just like this patch.

Here is how i view it:

oN4LIhF.jpg

[KNMSU]
Members
4,670 posts
5,097 battles

This is the end of WoWs. If this goes live, those of us who invest the most won't be investing at all. I wish Sub_Octavian understood that, but it's clear from his responses in that thread (before they locked it - did you notice that? He got smashed with a bunch of downvotes for the comment, and 7 pages later, adios) that he is a committed believer.

While the 8.0 rework has a disaster, this is the change that axes the game. A large portion of us are going to justifiably see this as a form of fraud. 

• Cool 1

[-K-]
[-K-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,944 posts
7,280 battles
2 hours ago, _Fr0g_ said:

2063663959_Nerftoall.thumb.png.ee6c3cb533d4714fe39010d6b5b1f66a.png

On the russian forum, thus you can look it up, either Sub is being sarcastic, or look for more balancing of OP premiums.  

Please remove if this is already a thread. 

Thank you. 

https://forum.worldofwarships.ru/topic/123372-закрытое-тестирование-премиум-корабли-и-советские-линкоры/?page=3&tab=comments#comment-5355954

The tone doesn't seem sarcastic at all. My translation:

Not everything at once. Cesare is simply the first in line. If we manage to fix her, then it's quite possible that we'll slowly begin dealing with other unbalanced ships.

P.S. This change does not necessarily indicate an evil design on Lesta's part. But in the future we better not start getting a bunch of OP premiums that then get nerfed after six months to a year. That would be the line in the sand for me. 

[INTEL]
Members
9,242 posts
26,900 battles

I think this is great. Balancing that OP ships will reduce abuse of them. I hope the devs remember to include statistics for before and after the Nerf.

[KNMSU]
Members
4,670 posts
5,097 battles
2 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

abuse of them

giphy.gif

I... I just... I can't even... 

WHAT?!

Are people actively cheating against you with the GC? Are they deploying turbines to hover like an airship, tantalizingly out of your reach? Are they teleporting away from your shells at the last second? Are they loading her guns with nuclear-tipped ordinance?

Abuse? Abuse? Jesus Christ, man...

[THOR]
Members
144 posts
3,852 battles

this game is going to get cheaper for me. No more buying premiums. No more Santa crates to hope for premiums. Spent over $400 in crates last December.