Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Capt_Ahab1776

Battle for Oil

10 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

297
[PQUOD]
Members
1,076 posts
7,714 battles

Okay I know this has already been asked but what is the latest? I should have favorited the previous thread on this but derp is me.

 

Thanks in advance

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
852
[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
4,477 posts
14,425 battles

According to iKami that event will start mid month!

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
297
[PQUOD]
Members
1,076 posts
7,714 battles
Just now, CAPTMUDDXX said:

According to iKami that event will start mid month!

Thank you sir! Our clan is interested in participating. Just recently had enough to join to give it a go. Is it going to be the cross server clan battles?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
852
[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
4,477 posts
14,425 battles

@Capt_Ahab1776 if it is like the Supply event awhile back your clan signs up and on the weekends one signs in to participate and your clan is matched vs another but you do not actually battle one another. When you sign in you are choosing to have your random battles count toward the event. The highest damage in each ship type counts towards stars for your team. The winner is the team with the overall highest score over the weekend. 

In any case it is a great way to score a good amount of oil.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,980
[PVE]
Members
12,508 posts
8,541 battles
8 minutes ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

According to iKami that event will start mid month!

 

5 minutes ago, Capt_Ahab1776 said:

Thank you sir! Our clan is interested in participating. Just recently had enough to join to give it a go. Is it going to be the cross server clan battles?

 

Tentatively slated for mid month per iKami. Mon, Feb 11th could be considered mid month and so would the 18th. Or it could come later. @iKami, did confirm more info is coming, so I would guess we will get an article a few days before registration starts. Registration for the event is Monday - Thursdays and the event itself runs on Friday - Sundays.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,980
[PVE]
Members
12,508 posts
8,541 battles
1 minute ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

@Capt_Ahab1776 if it is like the Supply event awhile back your clan signs up and on the weekends one signs in to participate and your clan is matched vs another but you do not actually battle one another. When you sign in you are choosing to have your random battles count toward the event. The highest damage in each ship type counts towards stars for your team. The winner is the team with the overall highest score over the weekend. 

In any case it is a great way to score a good amount of oil.

Looks like they may be running base XP instead of damage. I wonder if it will be random only or if other modes will qualify.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
852
[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
4,477 posts
14,425 battles

@Kizarvexis Last time it was scored on damage and the base level increased considerably as team mates met/exceeded the base damage level. It was also just random.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,980
[PVE]
Members
12,508 posts
8,541 battles
5 minutes ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

@Kizarvexis Last time it was scored on damage and the base level increased considerably as team mates met/exceeded the base damage level. It was also just random.

I know it was damage. I'm not the best damage person in Random, so I tried to go first on Saturday, so our heavy hitters would do better later Sat and Sun. With the change to base XP, WG *may* open it to more modes. Base XP is more balanced between modes than damage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,980
[PVE]
Members
12,508 posts
8,541 battles
7 minutes ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

@Kizarvexis The more damage one does the more Base XP one earns.

True, but damage from your spotting, capping, defending caps, % damage done to a target and the like all contribute base XP. In the Supply Lines, it was pure damage targets, so 10k on a DD was the same as 10k on a BB. With it being base XP to earn stars, that 10k on a DD will count much more than 10k on a BB.

 

The missions that balance best between Random and Co-op are the base XP missions. So maybe this will be open to something other than Random. It could be Random and Operations. Or Random and Ranked. Or Random and Co-op. Or some combination of all 4. Here's hoping to co-op and/or scenarios being in the mix.

 

If it is just randoms, I'll get by. I would just have more fun in co-op than randoms. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×