Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
legozer

I Buy Premiums and Spend Money on the Game & Am Totally Cool With the GC 'Nerf'

46 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Members
1,714 posts
10,082 battles

Yeah! Make the necessary changes after collecting loads and loads of data over an appropriate amount of time in order to improve the game over all.

I have a bunch of premium ships that I paid for, and am 100% ok with seeing WG make changes if any of them are consistently ruining game play. I would rather play a solid, balanced game, than a handful of games where I have a distinct advantage simply because I bought a ship that turned out not to fit into the overall meta in an unfair, over powered way.

As for GC, it already matches up very well with the T7 ships it sees regularly, outperforming even them in some regard. Bumping it up a tier and buffing a few of its characteristics doesn't hurt you as a customer one tiny bit. Stop crying about mistrust and be happy that the game will improve overall with a change that damn near anyone with an IQ higher than a wooden chair could see was completely in keeping with the concept of balanced play.

WG is not crossing some imaginary line here. They are making one change, to one premium ship, one time. If they eventually deem that the Kamikaze sisters need a similar treatment (they do) then by all means, let's see a small change that again helps keep the game balanced and fun. 

As for Imperator Nikki, there are about 9 players that own the bloody thing. I play plenty of T3, 4 and 5 matches, and I haven't seen an Imp for nearly a year; I see 10 freakin' GCs a day, perhaps more.

I like to see a company that strives to improve its product continually, even if that means they have to admit that they made some mistakes that require correction along the way. I don't care for the CV rework, but I'm happy they did it, because, just like the perceived "nerf" of the GC, it was done in the interest of making the product better.

That said, it would be fair if WG would offer GC purchasers a refund of some sort on the product (a full refund wouldn't make any sense, but at least a token of good faith).

GC is moving up a tier. Good for everyone. 

• Cool 18
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 19

[HYDRO]
Members
2,259 posts
4,211 battles

The main gripe most people have doesn't have to do with GC being OP; that's pretty much accepted by now. What really annoys is how WG has been selling the ship for at least a year without any change, offered it for free to loads of returning players (which is how I got hold of her) and most importantly how it was advertised as part of the "League of OP ships" in Santa crates, only to change a month later.

While willingness to correct mistakes is laudable, trust is of paramount importance. Such a move hurts this trust and in the end makes people far less likely to spend on the game (though this can be considered positive from a certain viewpoint).

Edited by warheart1992
  • Cool 3

[SYJ]
[SYJ]
Members
1,648 posts
2,637 battles

Farming downvotes I see...

I'm in total agreement. Premiums control the game and meta, because they cant be nerfed. This leads to powercreeping and broken OP ships that plague the game today

• Cool 4

Members
702 posts

I would like to offer any of my Beautiful Premium Warships for their doubloon value.  All ships have been inspected and are in perfect condition.  Any battle damage was fixed by World of Warships certified Technicians. 

Hurry this great offer will not last!.....ok it will but you should hurry.  

Any idea when this proposed idea might happen?   I could use some free doubloons.

Edited by Toxic_Potato
  • Cool 1

[KSE]
Members
7,741 posts
8,075 battles

*Can't tell if serious*

T5's do not generally consistently perform well against T7, GC is no exception. And it's not one change, to one ship, one time. Saipan, Kaga, GZ, Belfast, Perth, Kutuzov, Blys have all in some way been changed, and I know I missed a couple. More, I see Niko all the time, about as much as I see GC, but Niko hasn't been nerfed, even though its by far a more powerful ship than GC. Do the words "Russian bias" mean anything to you?

Furthermore, they are moving a T5 that many can already not make work well to T6, where it will now constantly be fighting T8 BBs. If they wanted "balans", all they had to do was increase its detection, or reduce its speed, or reduce its traverse, or increase its reload time. AFT gave it decent AA, now that's gone, too. So, we'll have what is in reality a T5 facing T8 CVs, with guns that will have difficulty dealing with even the cruisers it will face, while being able to do virtually nothing to BBs. Oh yes, such balns. News flash, PEF is a better ship at T6 now than GC will be once it gets there, and recall how many players say PEF just doesn't get the job done.

I'm sorry, but moving something up in tiers isn't balancing, it's the literal exact opposite. If WG had ever truly thought the ship belonged there, it would have been there long ago. This is nothing more than a bait and switch, while WG laughs at our money still being in their pockets, and we have a ship that's no longer worth the price of the USS Smith.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 3

[LHG]
Members
1,342 posts
5,515 battles

Please nerf Belfast so T7 ranked can happen again. Also so I can put my Belfast captain where she belongs.

[ARGSY]
Members
1,714 posts
10,082 battles
9 minutes ago, Th3KrimzonD3mon said:

*Can't tell if serious*

T5's do not generally consistently perform well against T7, GC is no exception. And it's not one change, to one ship, one time. Saipan, Kaga, GZ, Belfast, Perth, Kutuzov, Blys have all in some way been changed, and I know I missed a couple. More, I see Niko all the time, about as much as I see GC, but Niko hasn't been nerfed, even though its by far a more powerful ship than GC. Do the words "Russian bias" mean anything to you?

Furthermore, they are moving a T5 that many can already not make work well to T6, where it will now constantly be fighting T8 BBs. If they wanted "balans", all they had to do was increase its detection, or reduce its speed, or reduce its traverse, or increase its reload time. AFT gave it decent AA, now that's gone, too. So, we'll have what is in reality a T5 facing T8 CVs, with guns that will have difficulty dealing with even the cruisers it will face, while being able to do virtually nothing to BBs. Oh yes, such balns. News flash, PEF is a better ship at T6 now than GC will be once it gets there, and recall how many players say PEF just doesn't get the job done.

I'm sorry, but moving something up in tiers isn't balancing, it's the literal exact opposite. If WG had ever truly thought the ship belonged there, it would have been there long ago. This is nothing more than a bait and switch, while WG laughs at our money still being in their pockets, and we have a ship that's no longer worth the price of the USS Smith.

T5 GC does more avg damage than the following T7 BBs:

Gneisenau

Scharnhorst

Hood

Nagato

Colorado

The Imperator has seen 293 000 battles. The GC, despite existing for a fraction of the time that the Nikolai has been around, has been played nearly 663 000. C'mon man.

[BNKR]
[BNKR]
Members
1,518 posts
938 battles
17 minutes ago, Th3KrimzonD3mon said:

*Can't tell if serious*

What?  Cesare has absolutely no major problems when bottom tier.  It's hands down the easiest ship to play when bottom tier that I've played.

• Cool 1

[WOLF9]
Members
7,664 posts
3,254 battles

People with premium ships almost inevitably think of them as "owned" and react as would a car owner when someone comes to modify said car despite objections.

A better analogy is certain auto racing series.  The series itself either owns the engines or all the cars.  Teams lease the equipment.  The owner reserves the right to change or swap out the equipment at any time (within reason). 

For their money, the teams must set up and drive the cars.  Best setup and driver wins.

The result is some of the closest and most exciting competition of all series. 

Edited by iDuckman
  • Cool 2

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,921 posts
12,191 battles

I would personally rather see my premium ships adjusted for tier rather than moved tiers.  I've got no problem with balance.  I take exception to ships that I paid for being moved to tiers that I actively avoid playing.  Once they open pandora's box, there's no going back.  They should just fix the ship for T5 and leave it there.  Sell a T6 version if you want.  nerf my ship if you want.  I am fine with those.  I do not like the concept of being moved to tiers I don't want to play in.

• Cool 1

[MIA-E]
Members
2,749 posts
7,620 battles

If it's OP enough to move tiers, I question them buffing it last year.

In fact, I think they buffed it twice.

Members
688 posts
827 battles
1 hour ago, legozer said:

Yeah! Make the necessary changes after collecting loads and loads of data over an appropriate amount of time in order to improve the game over all.

I have a bunch of premium ships that I paid for, and am 100% ok with seeing WG make changes if any of them are consistently ruining game play. I would rather play a solid, balanced game, than a handful of games where I have a distinct advantage simply because I bought a ship that turned out not to fit into the overall meta in an unfair, over powered way.

As for GC, it already matches up very well with the T7 ships it sees regularly, outperforming even them in some regard. Bumping it up a tier and buffing a few of its characteristics doesn't hurt you as a customer one tiny bit. Stop crying about mistrust and be happy that the game will improve overall with a change that damn near anyone with an IQ higher than a wooden chair could see was completely in keeping with the concept of balanced play.

WG is not crossing some imaginary line here. They are making one change, to one premium ship, one time. If they eventually deem that the Kamikaze sisters need a similar treatment (they do) then by all means, let's see a small change that again helps keep the game balanced and fun. 

As for Imperator Nikki, there are about 9 players that own the bloody thing. I play plenty of T3, 4 and 5 matches, and I haven't seen an Imp for nearly a year; I see 10 freakin' GCs a day, perhaps more.

I like to see a company that strives to improve its product continually, even if that means they have to admit that they made some mistakes that require correction along the way. I don't care for the CV rework, but I'm happy they did it, because, just like the perceived "nerf" of the GC, it was done in the interest of making the product better.

That said, it would be fair if WG would offer GC purchasers a refund of some sort on the product (a full refund wouldn't make any sense, but at least a token of good faith).

GC is moving up a tier. Good for everyone. 

Hate to say it, I bought one of the highest packages and no where did it say it would be turned into doubloons in a while. Also this sets a dangerous as hell precedent for the future. You also know Gremy and Kami break this tier even more so than GC right?

[ARGSY]
Members
1,714 posts
10,082 battles
26 minutes ago, crzyhawk said:

I would personally rather see my premium ships adjusted for tier rather than moved tiers.  I've got no problem with balance.  I take exception to ships that I paid for being moved to tiers that I actively avoid playing.  Once they open pandora's box, there's no going back.  They should just fix the ship for T5 and leave it there.  Sell a T6 version if you want.  nerf my ship if you want.  I am fine with those.  I do not like the concept of being moved to tiers I don't want to play in.

This is an excellent point that I had not considered. Thanks.

[GREIF]
Members
77 posts
925 battles
1 hour ago, _1204_ said:

Farming downvotes I see...

I'm in total agreement. Premiums control the game and meta, because they cant be nerfed. This leads to powercreeping and broken OP ships that plague the game today

and the players pay for this business model.  a product was offered by WG.  players can buy the product or not.  WG decides they screwed up with the product because its -- err "OP".  Great.  They want to nerf that product OK.  Cash refunds are in order.   Their screw up, not mine.  I'm all for fixing the game, but not at my expense while they make cash hand over fist by selling broken premiums and than reclassifying the premium.  You screw up in the real world, it costs real money.  Game designer screws up, they give you a refund in virtual nonsense currency.     

• Boring 1

Members
1,406 posts
47 battles
1 hour ago, Flashtirade said:

Please nerf Belfast so T7 ranked can happen again. Also so I can put my Belfast captain where she belongs.

I'd actually like it if WG will change Belfast into T8 and make her available again. 

Edited by RyuuohD_NA
  • Cool 1

[FLAGG]
Members
89 posts
6,884 battles

They had thought the Fifth Commandment was "No animal shall drink alcohol No one shall nerf a premium," but there were two words that they had forgotten. Actually the Commandment read: "No animal shall drink alcohol No one shall nerf a premium TO EXCESS."

• Funny 1

[SIM]
Members
3,048 posts
4,855 battles

That’s a lot of words to say “I’m an apologist sycophant that likes to be exploited by game developer incompetence.”

• Bad 1

Members
351 posts
6,385 battles
1 hour ago, legozer said:

The Imperator has seen 293 000 battles. The GC, despite existing for a fraction of the time that the Nikolai has been around, has been played nearly 663 000. C'mon man.

You do realize, there are FAR more GCs in the game than Nikolai's right? I mean, they literally gave THOUSANDS of them away, FOR FREE, to returning players. That's how my kid got theirs.  You cannot compare the numbers of battles played in a ship that has say,  5000 units available to be played on the server, vs a ship that has 25000 ships available, regardless of how long they have been in the game. Those aren't real numbers, just examples.  I'd actually be curious to know, exactly how many GC's there are on the server.  Nikolai was on sale for a weekend or so, and never sold again, other than ones from Santa crates, etc. I'm quite sure the numbers are drastically different. Plus, more games in general are played in Tier 5 ships, for various reasons, compared to Tier 4 ships. Especially now that Wargaming has deemed it necessary to eliminate any ships from tier 4 and below from being able to participate in almost every daily and weekend events for some reason.

[ARGSY]
Members
1,714 posts
10,082 battles
11 minutes ago, Valas1 said:

You do realize, there are FAR more GCs in the game than Nikolai's right? I mean, they literally gave THOUSANDS of them away, FOR FREE, to returning players. That's how my kid got theirs.  You cannot compare the numbers of battles played in a ship that has say,  5000 units available to be played on the server, vs a ship that has 25000 ships available, regardless of how long they have been in the game. Those aren't real numbers, just examples.  I'd actually be curious to know, exactly how many GC's there are on the server.  Nikolai was on sale for a weekend or so, and never sold again, other than ones from Santa crates, etc. I'm quite sure the numbers are drastically different. Plus, more games in general are played in Tier 5 ships, for various reasons, compared to Tier 4 ships. Especially now that Wargaming has deemed it necessary to eliminate any ships from tier 4 and below from being able to participate in almost every daily and weekend events for some reason.

Yeeeeeah.....that was my point....

[ARGSY]
Members
1,714 posts
10,082 battles
17 minutes ago, SkaerKrow said:

That’s a lot of words to say “I’m an apologist sycophant that likes to be exploited by game developer incompetence.”

That's a lot of words to say "I don't understand a lot of words".

Members
351 posts
6,385 battles
1 minute ago, legozer said:

Yeeeeeah.....that was my point....

Actually, I completely missed the part about the Niko, in the part you quoted lol. So yes, I see the point you were trying to make now. I have one, but don't use it much, so personally don't really care if it's moved up or down or sideways at this point. Other happenings with the game have turned me off. I just feel many ships, particularly at low to mid tiers have been power crept badly, tech tree and premium, and need some love, versus starting to nerf stuff.

[ARGSY]
Members
1,714 posts
10,082 battles
Just now, Valas1 said:

Actually, I completely missed the part about the Niko, in the part you quoted lol. So yes, I see the point you were trying to make now. I have one, but don't use it much, so personally don't really care if it's moved up or down or sideways at this point. Other happenings with the game have turned me off. I just feel many ships, particularly at low to mid tiers have been power crept badly, tech tree and premium, and need some love, versus starting to nerf stuff.

Well, one sure fire way to deal with power creep is the nerf bat.

[DENY]
Members
370 posts
7,450 battles
2 hours ago, legozer said:

T5 GC does more avg damage than the following T7 BBs:

Gneisenau

Scharnhorst

Hood

Nagato

Colorado

It also gets to beat up on Tier IV ships, which a Tier VII does not.

I have many ships at Tier V that have higher average damage than a Tier VII ship, because ships and players at Tier VII are much much stronger and you have to face Tier IX quite often.

Sign in to follow this