You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
warheart1992

How much time would you give WG for the rework? (Poll)

How many patches would you be willing to wait until the rework has reached a satisfactory level?   

55 members have voted

1. 1. How many patches would you be willing to wait until the rework has reached a satisfactory level?

• One more monthly patch.
    • Two-three more patches.
    • As long as it needs to get it right.
    • Patience already quite thin.
    • Changes need to happen immediately or am out.
  2. 2. CVs made out of bacon. Yay or nay?

• Yay
    • Yay

8 comments in this topic

[HYDRO]
Members
2,219 posts
4,185 battles

It's been barely a week, yet with the amount that the CV rework has been discussed, it feels much longer. A common theme in many threads is how the game is bleeding players and how many people abstain from it. Others suggest a more patient path of giving WG some time to see the outcome of the rework, based on the reasoning that game balance will normalize in time and  stop being in a state of flux.

A question however remains. Provided WG is able to complete and present a satisfactory product that conforms to the aims they themselves set when starting with the rework, how long would you be willing to wait? While there is no guarantee that the final product will be necessarily good, in the end the playerbase is the lifeblood of the game so it should at least be acceptable by the majority.

In this case and for the sake of simplicity time will be measured in monthly patches since this is where most of the changes will be located.

Personally one part of me is pretty impatient and pessimistic. Another however wants to give WG some more time to develop their product and see where it goes from there.

Looking forward to your opinions and a civil discussion :Smile_honoring:.

Edited by warheart1992

[NOBS]
Members
1,014 posts
7,516 battles

It's still playable, it's still fun, do I want it like this forever, no, but I'll give it a chance. 

[MIA-E]
Members
2,704 posts
7,586 battles

I installed other games. Which I am enjoying quite well.

I play games for fun, not for misery. I dislike the meta of the rework so I'm not playing. Perhaps WG will fix WoWS and make it less sucky to play. Maybe, maybe not.

[SEOP]
Members
1,474 posts
8,233 battles
24 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

It's been barely a week, yet with the amount that the CV rework has been discussed, it feels much longer. A common theme in many threads is how the game is bleeding players and how many people abstain from it. Others suggest a more patient path of giving WG some time to see the outcome of the rework, based on the reasoning that game balance will normalize in time and  stop being in a state of flux.

A question however remains. Provided WG is able to complete and present a satisfactory product that conforms to the aims they themselves set when starting with the rework, how long would you be willing to wait? While there is no guarantee that the final product will be necessarily good, in the end the playerbase is the lifeblood of the game so it should at least be acceptable by the majority.

In this case and for the sake of simplicity time will be measured in monthly patches since this is where most of the changes will be located.

Personally one part of me is pretty impatient and pessimistic. Another however wants to give WG some more time to develop their product and see where it goes from there.

Looking forward to your opinions and a civil discussion :Smile_honoring:.

Wont happen, but I'd roll the game back to pre V8.  Put V8 CVs back onto the PTS.  Give players decent intensives to play on the PTS -- like credit and experience transfer from the PTS to the players live server account.   Hash out V8 for another 3 or 4 open PTS sessions.  

Edited by Dr_Dirt

[F4E]
[F4E]
Members
53 posts
14,246 battles

The game was more fun to play when it featured gun based ships. Now, the WHOLE game is just about dodging continuous air attacks. The CV rework has made WoW a carrier dominant/focused game and it is frustrating and un-enjoyable to play as a non-CV player. I don't play this game to keep WG in business, I played it because it was fun. So, I'm out. (while you're at it WG, why don't you add unlimited land based aircraft to hunt CV's and totally ruin it for everyone!) Bet CV players wouldn't like that much!!

• Cool 1

[DAKI]
Beta Testers
2,899 posts
4,248 battles

i give the mechanical side of things 1 more major patch to fix. balance should be reigned in considerably by then.

[STAR]
Members
2,954 posts
8,064 battles

I was willing to wait a few months to see what WG is going to do, but i dont know, its hard to say. Every single time i log in im less willing to play this game. IMO this patch was a total disaster and the game is boring and unfun to play. Many of the ships that i like to play are weak now. The gameplay is too passive, ships are sitting in spawn trading shots out of long range or go lemming into a single side. Aggressive plays are almost impossible to pull out now. 

The bad joke that is Hakuryu needs to be fixed asap. that ship is completely unbalanced. 

Edited by Xlap

[LOU1]
Members
3,394 posts
9,036 battles

There hasn't even been the usual time it takes for the game to settle down after new content has been added.  Not sure about the bleeding players part - there were 14.7k players on this evening.  I am finally having fun playing CVs and outwitting them in a surface ship is challenging, but not impossible.  I am looking forward to the upcoming balancing and am glad I can have more of the full WWII experience.  My current issues are not with the in-game experience, but surviving the forum experience.

CA/CL and DD main, with a touch of Battlecruiser (before the CVs became a viable option.)

Edited by ExploratorOne