Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ramsalot

Swap Kaga & Saipan for T10 CV with permanent camo?

10 comments in this topic

Members
2,077 posts
8,128 battles

I am not a CV player, but I would like to have high tier CV available in my port for specific missions and campaign tasks.

I enjoyed premium CVs at T7 because of MM, having these premiums at T8 more often than not forces me to go against best AA in game as bottom tier.

So, I just realized that if I get doubloons for these two, it would be enough to get me into T10 CV of my choice, either Midway or Hak, with 5k permanent camo.

Is this a sound idea?

• Bad 1

[A_51]
Members
678 posts

I wouldn't make any decisions about buying or selling ships (carriers or otherwise) until we see what the final rework looks like.  I'm hanging onto my Kaga until the deadline to sell, then will decide.  

• Cool 2

Members
2,077 posts
8,128 battles
12 minutes ago, Seaneroo said:

I wouldn't make any decisions about buying or selling ships (carriers or otherwise) until we see what the final rework looks like.  I'm hanging onto my Kaga until the deadline to sell, then will decide.  

Rework or not, they took premium from comfortable tier and tossed it to fight vs T10s most of the time.  There's an insane jump in AA your CV faces, with both Kaga and Saipan being extra vulnerable to T10 AA (with Kaga having lower health aircraft, and Saipan having too few of them).

[HINON]
Members
10,130 posts
26 minutes ago, Seaneroo said:

This ^

[WOLF6]
Members
651 posts
2,741 battles
28 minutes ago, Seaneroo said:

This again ^

[INTEL]
Beta Testers
1,753 posts
4,553 battles
26 minutes ago, Ramsalot said:

Rework or not, they took premium from comfortable tier and tossed it to fight vs T10s most of the time.  There's an insane jump in AA your CV faces, with both Kaga and Saipan being extra vulnerable to T10 AA (with Kaga having lower health aircraft, and Saipan having too few of them).

Well, yeah, but we're in an adjustment period.  Just because this is the case for these two CVs right now, doesn't mean it will still be the case by the time the sell deadline rolls around.

If you sell now, it's done and no going back.  If you wait, they may each become more viable and then it might be more worth your while to still have both.  But if not, you'll still have the option.

[LHG]
Members
1,341 posts
5,512 battles

They're about to justifiably slap the Hak down, and CVs as a whole are nowhere near final. Wait and see.

Members
168 posts
6,625 battles
29 minutes ago, Ramsalot said:

Honestly, I'm mildly surprised they didn't drop them down to T6 so we had premiums at more than one tier. That said, I have to echo what everyone else has said - Hold on to them. I believe they're supposed to be refundable until 8.2? I'd consider holding them until shortly before that drops - It'll give you the best idea if/how badly they suffer.

• Cool 1

[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Members
2,099 posts
11,000 battles
1 hour ago, Ramsalot said:

I am not a CV player

I am a noob CV player, struggling playing CV before the re work, during the testing phase and after the official re work, and still struggling in Co Op to make perfect torp run

my 2 cent, hold on to those prem CV for now and wait for further development. The next hot fix going to smack the t10 IJN cv in the groin and who know what other smacking the WoWs is in planning, Soon to be released ™ 

Members
2,077 posts
8,128 battles

Any idea when Audacious might be introduced?  Perhaps I will wait for that one...

Sign in to follow this