You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Misfit87

Why WG needs to wait to balance GC

10 comments in this topic

[SOUS]
Members
251 posts
8,111 battles

I am not saying if I agree with the nerfing of premium ships in this post. That's not what this is about. What this post is about is that Wargaming needs to wait to see how GC is performing after the 8.0 CV rework update. You can not balance a ship using stats that don't have a lot of meaning any longer under the new update. 

• Cool 2
  • Bad 2

[ICOP]
[ICOP]
Members
105 posts
5,260 battles

I don't see it being nerfed but simply put into the proper tier.  EVERYONE save people that want to seal club in it knows it's way overpowered for tier 5.

• Cool 1

[SOUS]
Members
251 posts
8,111 battles
4 minutes ago, Ramagar_RoK said:

I don't see it being nerfed but simply put into the proper tier.  EVERYONE save people that want to seal club in it knows it's way overpowered for tier 5.

Again, this is not a thread about whether the GC needs to be or should be nerfed, this is about you can not take action based off of stats that aren't current. The CV update changed game play they need to look at the stats they have once CV gameplay is finalized. 

Edited by Misfit87

[SOUS]
Members
251 posts
8,111 battles
3 minutes ago, Ramagar_RoK said:

Why?  One has zero to do with the other.

Yes the gameplay of the GC has most certainly changed since the update. CV's were meant to be a counter to BB's, guess what, that's happening. If you have more CV's in game and they're able to actually counter the ship, it's not going to perform as well as it was post 8.0 update. 

Edited by Misfit87

[KNMSU]
Members
4,670 posts
5,097 battles
10 minutes ago, Ramagar_RoK said:

It's under-armored, lightly armed, has no scout plane, and bad AA. It's not a tier 6, it was fine where it was, and the moment you let Wargaming cut this rose, the entire flowerbed is going to follow.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
1,435 posts
16,018 battles

Wargames is just becoming too comfortable with the idea of changing premiums after release.  Where does it stop?

However, in reference to the OP.  They should not consider changing until after the climate stabilizes.  After all, that is why Alaska was delayed for more testing....

Edited by Warped_1

[DAKI]
Beta Testers
2,899 posts
4,248 battles

im having such a hard time getting over the first part of this post, to even be able to agree with the second part.

[ARGSY]
Members
1,711 posts
10,027 battles
1 hour ago, Misfit87 said:

I am not saying if I agree with the nerfing of premium ships in this post. That's not what this is about. What this post is about is that Wargaming needs to wait to see how GC is performing after the 8.0 CV rework update. You can not balance a ship using stats that don't have a lot of meaning any longer under the new update. 

This is a really good point, the nuance of which will be lost on a great many forumites who can't wait to hit the reply button like it owes their dear old grandma money.