You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
MemeFlerp

Can anyone explain what problem v8.0 Fixed?

35 comments in this topic

Members
86 posts
8,008 battles

What issue was addressed by the release of v8.0?

I can't seem to find any.  All I see is bugs and glitches.   

I've heard complaints that the old CV method allowed CVs to permaspot.  Ver8.0 redefines permaspot to new heights.

Any positives about this mess?

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

[POD]
Beta Testers
3,325 posts
5,016 battles

now i can strike vengeance upon my enemies  from the skies.

Members
86 posts
8,008 battles
Just now, Cruxdei said:

now i can strike vengeance upon my enemies  from the skies.

Yes without any chance of defense.  What problem did that fix?  Did someone say CVs were way underpowered and needed a massive Torp spam boost?

• Bad 1

[POD]
Beta Testers
3,325 posts
5,016 battles
Just now, MemeFlerp said:

Yes without any chance of defense.  What problem did that fix?  Did someone say CVs were way underpowered and needed a massive Torp spam boost?

now you can't delete people with one squadron,you might need 2 or 3. and the "cross drop" is a little different now too.

Members
129 posts
360 battles

Can anyone explain what problem v8.0 Fixed?

The answer is pretty simple, there weren't nearly enough people arguing on the forums.  Although  some might claim that all the stats aren't in yet as to how much salt V8 has generated 

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
17,526 posts
10,240 battles
13 minutes ago, MemeFlerp said:

What issue was addressed by the release of v8.0?

I can't seem to find any.  All I see is bugs and glitches.   

I've heard complaints that the old CV method allowed CVs to permaspot.  Ver8.0 redefines permaspot to new heights.

Any positives about this mess?

The out sized impact of one CV winning the air battle on their team winning, WG said in a video that the win rate in that situation was around 70% was one of the things they wanted to fix. The extremely low population of CV players which outside of tier 4 - 6 was another thing they wanted to fix.

Currently the CV population is higher than where it will stabilize at so just hang in there.

[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
4,482 posts
14,436 battles

@MemeFlerp This change has fixed nothing at all! It is a completely senseless change foisted upon us by those who complained about any CV being able to do serious damage to or sink their ship in one strike. Which by the way is exactly what a CV should be able to do.

Members
86 posts
8,008 battles
8 minutes ago, Cruxdei said:

now you can't delete people with one squadron,you might need 2 or 3. and the "cross drop" is a little different now too.

yes becasue being perma flooded, or  perma  fired is much better? 

First drop 2 floodings,  Plane fly's away for a minute, as your AA does nothing.   You either repair or sink. As soon as repaired next flight attacks,  You dodge,  oh wait here comes #3.  Game over thanks for playing.  Very well thought out.

• Cool 1

[POD]
Beta Testers
3,325 posts
5,016 battles
Just now, MemeFlerp said:

First drop 2 floodings,  Plane fly's away for a minute, as your AA does nothing.   You either repair or sink. As soon as repaired next flight attacks,  You dodge,  oh wait here comes #3.  Game over thanks for playing.  Very well thought out.

the flood mechanic is irrelevant to the CV rework,WG is testing  a different approach to the flooding mechanic right now.

you must be getting stomped by hakuryus or the enemy CV is lucky at getting flood ribbons because i hardly get one.

Members
86 posts
8,008 battles
2 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

The out sized impact of one CV winning the air battle on their team winning, WG said in a video that the win rate in that situation was around 70% was one of the things they wanted to fix. The extremely low population of CV players which outside of tier 4 - 6 was another thing they wanted to fix.

Currently the CV population is higher than where it will stabilize at so just hang in there.

So you take out a powerful resource and you are more likely to win?  Well yeah, thats kind of the idea.  You have a BB strong team you kill the DDs first,  team with no DDs much more likely to lose in that situation. So having good players on your team means you are more likely to win?   That is somehow gonna be fixed?  That SHOULD for some reason be fixed?  

Your final assumption is wrong.  There may be more CV players now, but that will fade, the players pissed off by this crap will not be back.  How long is this game gonna last with 5 minute queues for 3 player per side battles?

[GWG]
[GWG]
17,526 posts
10,240 battles
5 minutes ago, MemeFlerp said:

Flooding rates for air dropped torpedoes is extremely low as is the fire rate from rockets.

[TACG]
Beta Testers
787 posts
2,158 battles

They solved the problem of too many DD's in the queue.

Edit: in case the sarcasm was missed here, I'm not a fan of what this patch has done to DDs.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Members
86 posts
8,008 battles
2 minutes ago, Cruxdei said:

the flood mechanic is irrelevant to the CV rework,WG is testing  a different approach to the flooding mechanic right now.

you must be getting stomped by hakuryus or the enemy CV is lucky at getting flood ribbons because i hardly get one.

Really?  1 set of torps fixed by 1 repair, next flooding won't happen until planes fly back to carrier reload and then come back to attack you all the while being under attack by every ship they go near.  not to mention dispersion while under attack.  Now 1 flight of planes can do 3 floodings per flight and then theres another flight to rinse repeat.  Or lets not forget those Rocket planes,   no danger to a bismark right?  Wrong 1st attack 2 fires, repair fires, next attack 2 fires,  in 20 seconds 40k damage yeah makes sense.  How many planes shot down? 1.

[POD]
Beta Testers
3,325 posts
5,016 battles
1 minute ago, MemeFlerp said:

Really?  1 set of torps fixed by 1 repair, next flooding won't happen until planes fly back to carrier reload and then come back to attack you all the while being under attack by every ship they go near.  not to mention dispersion while under attack.  Now 1 flight of planes can do 3 floodings per flight and then theres another flight to rinse repeat.  Or lets not forget those Rocket planes,   no danger to a bismark right?  Wrong 1st attack 2 fires, repair fires, next attack 2 fires,  in 20 seconds 40k damage yeah makes sense.  How many planes shot down? 1.

are you sailing garbage? or are you the unluckiest person in the world? i'm serious.

[RKLES]
Members
8,394 posts
10,651 battles
8 minutes ago, Th3KrimzonD3mon said:

I had CVs in my port. That problem has been solved.

Yeah same here, and the shortages of captains, port slots, credits, and free XP have been solved as well thanks to removing my all my CVs.

[GWG]
[GWG]
17,526 posts
10,240 battles
1 minute ago, MemeFlerp said:

So you take out a powerful resource and you are more likely to win?  Well yeah, thats kind of the idea.  You have a BB strong team you kill the DDs first,  team with no DDs much more likely to lose in that situation. So having good players on your team means you are more likely to win?   That is somehow gonna be fixed?  That SHOULD for some reason be fixed?  

Your final assumption is wrong.  There may be more CV players now, but that will fade, the players pissed off by this crap will not be back.  How long is this game gonna last with 5 minute queues for 3 player per side battles?

Yeah, it is great if you are in a real battle but when your CV gets wiped early it doesn't make for a very fun game. You could destroy any other single ship and the impact on winning/losing was minimal. It was only after several ships were lost that the chance of winning would go down.

How about waiting out the surge of people playing the new CV's just as you did the Pan Asian DD release where every match had the maximum number of DD's for a few weeks. Once the numbers have equalized then we will be able to see the issues better.

[DRACS]
Members
4,125 posts

Let's see:

- CVs that have multiple simultaneous squads in the sky to spot. Much MUCH worse than now.

- AA that was either really good or really bad. And bad used to not be able to inflict damage on squads at all. A DD now can somewhat defend itself.

- CVs could spot torps and were able to camp a DD smoke and ensure that DD was completely ineffective.

- CVs that could cross drop and instantly delete any ship they chose from full health.

- The fact a good CV player could completely crush enemy CVs and then run totally wild while his enemy becomes nothing but an expensive paperweight.

- Much higher levels of micro combined with a 2D interface that was about as visually appealing as games from the 90s.

- Near total lack of interest from the vast majority of players due to how finicky AND boring to look at it was. Most noticeably at higher tiers.

Did I miss anything?

Edited by KaptainKaybe

Members
86 posts
8,008 battles
12 minutes ago, Cruxdei said:

Look for any posted screen shots of CV results I've been seeing ~50% or more Torp hits vs floodings.  Pre v8.0 in an independence I had a game 9 strikes 0 floodings normally ran ~25%.

[SOUS]
Members
251 posts
8,154 battles

The only difference is now instead of a CV deleting you in one strike, it takes multiple strikes. It's still who ever has the best CV player is going to win, most likely. It's still be spotted constantly if a CV wants you spotted. There is a reason that the big gun ships, like BB, CA, and some CL did not overlap that long in history with aircraft carries. Maybe it's time Wargaming admits that CVs just don't fit in this game. 

• Cool 1

[WOLFC]
Members
379 posts
5,128 battles

Maybe 8.0 was just the upgrade we really needed  all along.....

:etc_red_button:

Members
4,094 posts
15,015 battles
2 minutes ago, Misfit87 said:

The only difference is now instead of a CV deleting you in one strike, it takes multiple strikes. It's still who ever has the best CV player is going to win, most likely. It's still be spotted constantly if a CV wants you spotted. There is a reason that the big gun ships, like BB, CA, and some CL did not overlap that long in history with aircraft carries. Maybe it's time Wargaming admits that CVs just don't fit in this game. 

That'll never happen since it seems that WG management is allergic to admitting that they screwed up.

[ARS]
Beta Testers
2,617 posts
2,499 battles
25 minutes ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

@MemeFlerp This change has fixed nothing at all! It is a completely senseless change foisted upon us by those who complained about any CV being able to do serious damage to or sink their ship in one strike. Which by the way is exactly what a CV should be able to do.

Hell no.

Why should a CV be able to do that as well as scout the entire map and, skill differentials being what they are, almost ensure his/her side a victory simply by being decent?

That isn't fun for the other 23 players in the match.

Members
86 posts
8,008 battles
4 minutes ago, KaptainKaybe said:

Let's see:

- CVs that have multiple simultaneous squads in the sky to spot. Much MUCH worse than now.

- AA that was either really good or really bad. And bad used to not be able to inflict damage on squads at all. A DD now can somewhat defend itself.

- CVs could spot torps and were able to camp a DD smoke and ensure that DD was completely ineffective.

- CVs that could cross drop and instantly delete any ship they chose from full health.

- The fact a good CV player could completely crush enemy CVs and then run totally wild while his enemy becomes nothing but an expensive paperweight.

Did I miss anything?

1. No Planes are much faster and entire team is spotted before 1/2 team has loaded in.  Once 1 wave of planes is dealt with next set is there in under 30 seconds.  Not to mention useless AA allows planes to linger.

2.  Please explain how a Salem with full AA build and Defensive AA shoots down exactly 0 planes?  Or how a t8 flight can linger near a neptune for a minute and have only 2 planes shot down.

3. So why is Planes being able to spot torps a problem?  A CV player supporting his team mate is a bad thing? How is it any different from having a ship in front of you having hydro running, allowing you to see torps much in advance?

4 .  A perfectly executed crossdrop can do a lot of damage.  In most good cross drops in a BB I get hit by 2 or 3 torps, press R, Since I also probably took out a few planes, and they wont be back for 2 minutes or so I move on and play.  You eat 4 shimkaze torps how is that different?

5. A good CV player can crush a bad cv player, So?  How is that different from any other ship?  A solo good CV can absolutely kill a solo bad CV player.  Hows that work when you have a bunch of CVs shooting your planes down as they try to get to the bad CV player?  Ever see what happened when a fighter squad got engaged over a High AA Cruiser or BB?  Doesn't matter how good the CV players are the guy over the friendly ship will win the battle.

Members
86 posts
8,008 battles
7 minutes ago, Helstrem said:

Hell no.

Why should a CV be able to do that as well as scout the entire map and, skill differentials being what they are, almost ensure his/her side a victory simply by being decent?

That isn't fun for the other 23 players in the match.

Spotting aircraft have been in battle FOREVER and before that people went to a high spot to get a longer view range.  Why do you think some of the ships in the game have such tall masts.  OH and lets not forget that the Air detection range is smaller than the Sky detection range.  That sense how?  Ever seen a search for a lost boat?  Search planes are what is sent out because??????   They cover a larger range faster, maybe?  I've have never been in a match where there was only 1 Cv.  Have you? If your enemy has the capability to spot with aircraft so does your CV.  The very simple fact of the game is better players will do better.