Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
warheart1992

My turn to whine.

72 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

1,094
[HYDRO]
Members
2,215 posts
4,185 battles

I have it as a personal rule to never whine about losing battles if I'm the top XP earner. UNLESS. I happen to hit 2k base on a loss. I had hit a few times 1.7-1.8k but nothing else. Well, the day for my exception came in Ranked :Smile_izmena:.

I present to you Tasha's last stand, be warned, graphic violence against BBs.

shot-19_02.05_22_47.12-0051.thumb.jpg.14fa25612e66709b543dbc8edf0f0d28.jpg

shot-19_02.05_22_47.09-0856.thumb.jpg.ea93200cb7e0cb7b0a2d51b7de606d1c.jpg

shot-19_02.05_22_47.16-0200.thumb.jpg.89f06e56a6293c80548ece9cbece61a0.jpg

It was a neck to neck battle most of time, with me and the Z-46 rushing a full HP Mo in the final minute of the game.  Most of my torps connected but due to damage saturation weren't enough to finish him. The Z-46 botched his torpedo salvo since he didn't get in point blank range. Still, no star lost and I got to fix bayonets for once :cap_rambo:.

43914452_253719668639392_577263999263259

/humblebrag mode off

 

Edited by warheart1992
  • Cool 2
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23
[LOSC]
Members
121 posts
4,677 battles

No Disrespect:

Maybe more Team support so the GROUP score is above the Opfor?!

Some days doing your job means just go kill but when playing Objective based games

team play is Important! Not saying YOU were not the main player in the game but everyone needs to gain Objective scores.

 

This is common thing playing FPS when players just go for kills rather than Capping or ect!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,094
[HYDRO]
Members
2,215 posts
4,185 battles
2 minutes ago, Halli_SPARTA said:

No Disrespect:

Maybe more Team support so the GROUP score is above the Opfor?!

Some days doing your job means just go kill but when playing Objective based games

team play is Important! Not saying YOU were not the main player in the game but everyone needs to gain Objective scores.

 

This is common thing playing FPS when players just go for kills rather than Capping or ect!

No worries, there's no disrespect. If it were any other DD I would agree completely. However Tashkent plays quite uniquely, so it demands a different playstyle. I don't disagree this was quite the damage farming, there's no denying that. That said, this is what Tashkent does best, delaying opponents, making life miserable for BBs while also attacking DDs when the chance is presented. In the end we lost by a very narrow margin so overall I'm satisfied with my team as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53
[HIT]
Members
102 posts
6,742 battles

Handing out achievements in Mario Kart mode. :Smile_facepalm:

Well done WG. Now just go ahead and give them out in COOP too.

  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,011
[DRACS]
Members
4,043 posts

300k damage on a Tashkent.

On a Tashkent!! :Smile_ohmy:

EDIT: 300k damage on a Tashkent in RANKED .. dude, wth, lol

Edited by KaptainKaybe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
116
[PVE]
Members
591 posts
5,166 battles
6 minutes ago, HQ_21 said:

Handing out achievements in Mario Kart mode. :Smile_facepalm:

Well done WG. Now just go ahead and give them out in COOP too.

This looks like it was in ranked

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,094
[HYDRO]
Members
2,215 posts
4,185 battles
7 minutes ago, KaptainKaybe said:

300k damage on a Tashkent.

On a Tashkent!! :Smile_ohmy:

EDIT: 300k damage on a Tashkent in RANKED .. dude, wth, lol

2 Musashis and a Mo does that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
285
[PQUOD]
Members
1,032 posts
7,618 battles
12 minutes ago, HQ_21 said:

 

Well done WG. Now just go ahead and give them out in COOP too.

Actually there are some rewards being issued in Coop currently. It may be so many people are going to Coop to learn the new CV play style rather than the less forgiving learning curve of randoms.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
830
[KNTAI]
Members
2,183 posts
9,511 battles

Can’t just farm BBs in a Tashkent though. They don’t die fast enough to win a ranked game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,149
[SUGAR]
[SUGAR]
Members
3,349 posts
13,901 battles

300k in a trashcan in a 6 ship game? that's alike 600k in the new CV's. Well done sir, well done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,149
[SUGAR]
[SUGAR]
Members
3,349 posts
13,901 battles
52 minutes ago, Halli_SPARTA said:

No Disrespect:

Maybe more Team support so the GROUP score is above the Opfor?!

Some days doing your job means just go kill but when playing Objective based games

team play is Important! Not saying YOU were not the main player in the game but everyone needs to gain Objective scores.

 

This is common thing playing FPS when players just go for kills rather than Capping or ect!

No disrespect? What? 300k? I mean good gracious.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
108
[VNES]
Members
454 posts
6,099 battles

Or just temporary remove it from the game until you fix it completely, please? You could just put it back in the PTS and reward us Stalingrads for getting into the PTS and help you figure out how to make it right. It literally costs you figurative money yet making the player base so much happier.

In my humble opinion and I believe WG you have seen it by now that balancing CV is hard and will be taking a lot of time and CV integration is ALL or NOTHING. You either get it right all the way or not getting it at all. You need full manual AA, WOWP level of aircraft control, even individual manned aircraft control for the balance to work. And as much as I know WG, you are perfectionists, you would stop at nothing until getting it perfectly right, just look at how you totally scrap the RTS version and overhauling CV gameplays, how much committed you guys are at doing the perfect things once and for all; why not hear us out, delete CVs, buy over WOWP, integrate it into the game, and then bring CV back. Believe me, your game is already a work of art without CV. Despite some friction I have with radars, the game overall is elegant and CV existence ruins it. I believe you can do it, press that delete button. You can't roll back CV rework now, just blame it on the proposer, fire him and all is good, you are still the perfect WG I know. Come on, do it! Do it... do it... do it.... yes that button, do it... do it..........

  • Cool 3
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 4
  • Bad 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
201 posts
2,405 battles
2 minutes ago, l1nv5 said:

Or just temporary remove it from the game until you fix it completely, please? You could just put it back in the PTS and reward us Stalingrads for getting into the PTS and help you figure out how to make it right. It literally costs you figurative money yet making the player base so much happier.

In my humble opinion and I believe WG you have seen it by now that balancing CV is hard and will be taking a lot of time and CV integration is ALL or NOTHING. You either get it right all the way or not getting it at all. You need full manual AA, WOWP level of aircraft control, even individual manned aircraft control for the balance to work. And as much as I know WG, you are perfectionists, you would stop at nothing until getting it perfectly right, just look at how you totally scrap the RTS version and overhauling CV gameplays, how much committed you guys are at doing the perfect things once and for all; why not hear us out, delete CVs, buy over WOWP, integrate it into the game, and then bring CV back. Believe me, your game is already a work of art without CV. Despite some friction I have with radars, the game overall is elegant and CV existence ruins it. I believe you can do it, press that delete button. You can't roll back CV rework now, just blame it on the proposer, fire him and all is good, you are still the perfect WG I know. Come on, do it! Do it... do it... do it.... yes that button, do it... do it..........

I'd rather them roll it back than to outright delete it. That way, CVs will return to their old state, not as many players will be playing sky cancer, and everyone is happy. 

  • Bad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,037
[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
2,456 posts
9,384 battles

My name is pikohan and I would support deleting CVs.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
108
[VNES]
Members
454 posts
6,099 battles
1 minute ago, iEatChickenMcNuggets said:

I'd rather them roll it back than to outright delete it. That way, CVs will return to their old state, not as many players will be playing sky cancer, and everyone is happy. 

With how much attention the CV rework get, I doubt the population will return back to next to none like how it's used to.  And the game was better before the rework not because of how CVs were before but because how essentially non-existent they were. Honestly with this FAILED CV Rework, I'd like to see some heads roll in WG headquarters.

  • Bad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
591
[KAOZ]
Beta Testers
3,504 posts
2,599 battles

As much as the new rework is gorgeous, I would also support rolling back to the previous system for the time being.

The new system needs a few hard fixes and rebalancing in order to stay.  I'm sure they'll get it right... eventually.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,352
[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
7,260 posts
10,432 battles

So glad this is a Russian company.  They can take it.

fight women GIF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,301 posts
1,449 battles
13 minutes ago, iEatChickenMcNuggets said:

I'd rather them roll it back than to outright delete it. That way, CVs will return to their old state, not as many players will be playing sky cancer, and everyone is happy. 

Except WG, who has two tech tree lines they have to support that not enough people are playing.

I think the choices are either the rework or gone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,627
[_-_]
Members
1,571 posts
9 minutes ago, iEatChickenMcNuggets said:

I'd rather them roll it back than to outright delete it. That way, CVs will return to their old state, not as many players will be playing sky cancer, and everyone is happy. 

Most likely, CV numbers will eventually gravitate toward pre-rework levels.

The roll-out hasn't exactly set the gaming world on fire, and CV's will still be the pariahs they have always been.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
350
[WOLF2]
Members
1,160 posts
8,217 battles
19 minutes ago, l1nv5 said:

Or just temporary remove it from the game until you fix it completely, please? You could just put it back in the PTS and reward us Stalingrads for getting into the PTS and help you figure out how to make it right. It literally costs you figurative money yet making the player base so much happier.

In my humble opinion and I believe WG you have seen it by now that balancing CV is hard and will be taking a lot of time and CV integration is ALL or NOTHING. You either get it right all the way or not getting it at all. You need full manual AA, WOWP level of aircraft control, even individual manned aircraft control for the balance to work. And as much as I know WG, you are perfectionists, you would stop at nothing until getting it perfectly right, just look at how you totally scrap the RTS version and overhauling CV gameplays, how much committed you guys are at doing the perfect things once and for all; why not hear us out, delete CVs, buy over WOWP, integrate it into the game, and then bring CV back. Believe me, your game is already a work of art without CV. Despite some friction I have with radars, the game overall is elegant and CV existence ruins it. I believe you can do it, press that delete button. You can't roll back CV rework now, just blame it on the proposer, fire him and all is good, you are still the perfect WG I know. Come on, do it! Do it... do it... do it.... yes that button, do it... do it..........

What if they just took T10's off the menu?    Serious question - would we still be having these arguments on the forums?       Nearly all of the outcry and all of the exploits have focused on a single T10 CV.

When you see a T4, T6, or T8 CV, does that really impact you as a cruiser or BB?      There might still be some issues with DDs, but outside of them, does a lower tier CV impact our playstyle?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
489
[INTEL]
Beta Testers
1,748 posts
4,512 battles

OP, this game has been changing since the day it was released.  The era of $60 AAA video game titles that remain exactly what they were as released from cradle to grave is gone.  The idea they were ever going to be able to "get it right all the way" on the first swing is flawed to begin with.

I've recently seen some arguments that convince me they could have done better - but I've seen nothing to suggest they could have introduced it perfectly balanced, requiring no adjustments on day 1.

If they tried to remove them now - even temporarily - the forum storm we've seen so far about the rework would pale in comparison.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,256
Members
20,690 posts
5,599 battles
12 minutes ago, l1nv5 said:

With how much attention the CV rework get, I doubt the population will return back to next to none like how it's used to.  And the game was better before the rework not because of how CVs were before but because how essentially non-existent they were. Honestly with this FAILED CV Rework, I'd like to see some heads roll in WG headquarters.

If you liked the old game because CVs were practically non-existent, then in your eyes the rework had failed before it even started, and it wouldn't have mattered what they did. 

IOW, you're not complaining about the rework, you're just complaining about CVs in general.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
108
[VNES]
Members
454 posts
6,099 battles
3 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

If you liked the old game because CVs were practically non-existent, then in your eyes the rework had failed before it even started, and it wouldn't have mattered what they did. 

IOW, you're not complaining about the rework, you're just complaining about CVs in general.

So I am supposed to be OK with CVs before the rework when WG wants to rework it anyways? Just be honest with yourself before 0.8.0, be it you were in a DD, CA/CL or BB, in which particular occasion would you feel relieved seeing a CV in your team?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
861 posts
5,033 battles
13 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

Except WG, who has two tech tree lines they have to support that not enough people are playing.

I think the choices are either the rework or gone.

Unfortunately CVs will never be gone. It costs WG effectively nothing to support already existing ships. If they had not gone for the rework they simply wouldn't have bothered developing any new CVs. 

CVs should never have been added to this game. They are too hard to balance, too different from normal warships, and upset the otherwise working balance between the three main classes. However they were added and they are not going away (even moreso now that WG has dumped all this effort into the rework and developed the British CV line) so this topic is pretty pointless. Many players already agree with the OP but we're not in charge of the game.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×