You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
UssIowaSailor

Changing Premium ships and why that line should NEVER be crossed.

325 comments in this topic

[FAE]
Members
2,312 posts
2,885 battles

First of all no. They should have started doing this sooner to combat OP designs destroying game balance. It would be better if they offered cash refund if you bought it with cash (and doubloon refund if you bought with doubloons or got it a different way). 

But really, this is better for the game as a whole. And I'm so tired of hearing the insipid don't nerf premiums thing. Nothing should be immune from balance. 

• Cool 14
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 17
  • Angry 1

[KNMSU]
Members
4,726 posts
5,104 battles
1 minute ago, BlailBlerg said:

First of all no. They should have started doing this sooner to combat OP designs destroying game balance. It would be better if they offered cash refund if you bought it with cash (and doubloon refund if you bought with doubloons or got it a different way). 

But really, this is better for the game as a whole. And I'm so tired of hearing the insipid don't nerf premiums thing. Nothing should be immune from balance. 

You clearly don't buy much here.

• Cool 6
  • Bad 5

[FAE]
Members
2,312 posts
2,885 battles
1 minute ago, Battleship_AndreaDoria said:

You clearly don't buy much here.

Prove it. 

• Cool 1

[KNMSU]
Members
4,726 posts
5,104 battles
Just now, BlailBlerg said:

Prove it. 

Uh, I don't need to. These are forums - I'll just throw whatever sentiment I like out there. Right now, based on that response, I'd say this one's sticking pretty well. 

• Cool 3
  • Funny 5
  • Bad 3

Members
201 posts
2,409 battles
5 minutes ago, BlailBlerg said:

If WG did a proper job of balancing premiums before they released them, this kind of issue wouldn't exist. This is WG's fault, not the paying customer. Sure, the EULA gives WG the ability to do it. Doesn't mean it's right though. 

• Cool 4

Members
1,481 posts
10 battles
11 hours ago, _1204_ said:

[hidden]

If you bothered to read the post I said I was not going to quit playing the game. Only that I will NEVER buy digital goods from Wargaming again. I also said I know I am not the only one who feels this way. 

if 2% of the population accounts for 50% of the spending, making that 2% change their spending habits will have a huge impact on the game. 

• Cool 7

[KNMSU]
Members
4,726 posts
5,104 battles
3 minutes ago, iEatChickenMcNuggets said:

If WG did a proper job of balancing premiums before they released them, this kind of issue wouldn't exist. This is WG's fault, not the paying customer. Sure, the EULA gives WG the ability to do it. Doesn't mean it's right though. 

Unfortunately, as with any system of authority, there will always be ardent defenders who will ignore every indication of malfeasance - no matter how pronounced it is - because it is more important to them to be on the empowered side than to join the right one. You see this in pretty much every walk of life. On video game forums, we tend to call it "white knighting," but it's a gutless behavior that is evident in everything from office hierarchies to budding revolutions.

Edited by Battleship_AndreaDoria
  • Cool 5
  • Bad 2

Members
1,481 posts
10 battles
5 minutes ago, _WaveRider_ said:

Balance sounds fair, as oppose to some having OP ships. :Smile_honoring:

There are no OP ships, only OP players. I could give a bad player  EVERY ship that you claim is OP and they will STILL be 43% win rate 700 PR rated players. The ONLY reason the GC is over performing is that there are some highly skilled players playing it. The losers who cry about fairness and OP ships just suck at the game and look for something to blame for why they lose all the time instead of looking in the mirror.  

• Cool 2
  • Bad 5

[USCC2]
Members
4,429 posts
7 minutes ago, Battleship_AndreaDoria said:

Uh, I don't need to. These are forums - I'll just throw whatever sentiment I like out there. Right now, based on that response, I'd say this one's sticking pretty well. 

I've bought plenty of premiums and am quite happy for WG to change any for balance.

I really can't see why people would not want change for balance (well, actually I can guess lol).

I wonder if tech tree ships all of a sudden got buffs that put them above premium ships or no longer available ships (even those considered OP now), if all those who own them would suddenly cry for balance for their premium and exclusive ships. :Smile_smile:.

• Cool 1

[A_51]
Members
678 posts
3 minutes ago, Battleship_AndreaDoria said:

Unfortunately, as with any system of authority, there will always be ardent defenders who will ignore every indication of malfeasance - no matter how pronounced it is - because it is more important to them to be on the empowered side than to join the right one. You see this in pretty much every walk of life. 

The number of shills here who jump in to defend WG no matter what they do is truly astonishing.  I don't know if they were all hall monitors in junior high school and naturally identify with authority, if it is a case of Stockholm syndrome, or if they are getting compensated to come to WG's defense at every opportunity.  Maybe they are trolls who enjoy provoking people with legitimate complaints..  

• Cool 4
  • Bad 1

[KNMSU]
Members
4,726 posts
5,104 battles
3 minutes ago, UssIowaSailor said:

There are no OP ships, only OP players. I could give a bad player  EVERY ship that you claim is OP and they will STILL be 43% win rate 700 PR rated players. The ONLY reason the GC is over performing is that there are some highly skilled players playing it. The losers who cry about fairness and OP ships just suck at the game and look for something to blame for why they lose all the time instead of looking in the mirror.  

So much this.

I 4-citadeled - in one salvo - a GC not two days ago. He was a potato, went broadside to me at 10km, and got eradicated. Why didn't his awesomesauce ship save him?

• Boring 1

[ARSE]
[ARSE]
Members
33 posts
4,663 battles

So next year when subs and depth charges are introduced, all premium ships should not be changed and not receive depth charge modules. After all, that's not what you paid for. Games change, balance changes. I also own every premium ship and have zero problems with WG changing a ship so that it is better balanced.

• Cool 1

Members
1,481 posts
10 battles
15 minutes ago, BlailBlerg said:

You have the GC and your numbers in it clearly show that for you the GC is an average ship. YOU are not over performing in the GC which leads me to my next point. There are no OP ships only OP players, average players will be average in ANY claimed OP ship.

• Bad 4

[USCC2]
Members
4,429 posts
4 minutes ago, UssIowaSailor said:

Incorrect.

Absolutely there are better players out there but to pretend there aren't ships that are OP.....lol. :Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 3
  • Bad 2

[HYDRO]
Members
2,252 posts
4,211 battles

Can I ask something cause it's been a while since I played tier V?

Are Giulios that common in day to day battles at tier V?

I am seriously curious as mine is mothballed for quite some time.

Edited by warheart1992

[USCC2]
Members
4,429 posts
2 minutes ago, Battleship_AndreaDoria said:

So much this.

I 4-citadeled - in one salvo - a GC not two days ago. He was a potato, went broadside to me at 10km, and got eradicated. Why didn't his awesomesauce ship save him?

Guess when certain CCs state a ship is OP you think they are liars. I guess when most the community say ships are OP you believe they are liars.

I guess at this point you would call everyone a liar at this point lol.

[KNMSU]
Members
4,726 posts
5,104 battles
Just now, _WaveRider_ said:

Guess when certain CCs state a ship is OP you think they are liars. I guess when most the community say ships are OP you believe they are liars.

I guess at this point you would call everyone a liar at this point lol.

That's exactly what I said. You're such an excellent reader. 

Members
1,481 posts
10 battles
2 minutes ago, BC_Wolfen said:

So next year when subs and depth charges are introduced, all premium ships should not be changed and not receive depth charge modules. After all, that's not what you paid for. Games change, balance changes. I also own every premium ship and have zero problems with WG changing a ship so that it is better balanced.

Look at your stats in the GC, they are bottom feeding TERRIBLE. a 45% win rate an 804 Personal Rating and 44743 average damage. PROVING there are no OP ships only OP players. You have the GC but you are a potato player and no matter what ship you play in you are going to play like a potato. It is not the ship, it is the player.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 4
  • Angry 1

[SALVO]
Members
18,369 posts
18,943 battles
10 minutes ago, Battleship_AndreaDoria said:

Unfortunately, as with any system of authority, there will always be ardent defenders who will ignore every indication of malfeasance - no matter how pronounced it is - because it is more important to them to be on the empowered side than to join the right one. You see this in pretty much every walk of life. On video game forums, we tend to call it "white knighting," but it's a gutless behavior that is evident in everything from office hierarchies to budding revolutions.

This is nothing more than pure bovine fecal matter.  You can't win a debate with someone who happens to agree with a decision of a company, so you insult them.  Pathetic.  I happen to think that you're wrong on this and what's that make you?  A Black Knight?

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 2

Members
1,481 posts
10 battles
4 minutes ago, _WaveRider_ said:

Incorrect.

Absolutely there are better players out there but to pretend there aren't ships that are OP.....lol. :Smile_teethhappy:

So I am a battleship main, and a pretty darn good one to boot. I have the GC and she is a strong ship but I play better in the Texas, October Revolution, and ARP Kongo's. I do not see anyone crying about those ships as being OP.

Not the ship it is the player.

• Bad 1

[KNMSU]
Members
4,726 posts
5,104 battles
Just now, Crucis said:

This is nothing more than pure bovine fecal matter.  You can't win a debate with someone who happens to agree with a decision of a company, so you insult them.  Pathetic.  I happen to think that you're wrong on this and what's that make you?  A Black Knight?

I didn't insult them - I pointed out a behavioral pattern. If that's insulting, then we clearly can never analyze anything anyone ever does again until the end of time - from quarterbacks who are prone to throwing interceptions, to CEOs who oversee multiple bankruptcy. Nobody is ever responsible for anything they ever say or do or type again, neh?

[TRG]
Members
227 posts
13,182 battles

Because of the New Upgrade, My GC is in port collecting rust. It's AA is terrible even if upgraded. Now the want to move it to tier 6, Without a Range increase, with same AA, no Spotter. It will get Slaughtered by Most BBs and CV's