Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
SeigeTank2010

Something people overlook about at least tier 8/10 CV planes that WG better be careful on their hotfix

7 comments in this topic

Members
386 posts

Tier X IJN needs to have their tier X 6km torpedo range reduced to 4 - it's too powerful as they can launch all their attacks and hardly lose a thing. Tier X Midway torpedo you will almost completely wipe if you launch a second attack as you had to get too close to launch first one.  So ignoring that obvious broken mechanic of 6km range that has to be removed, consider the following:

You no longer get 4+ squadrons to control, you only get one. To compensate, you're supposed to be able to do multiple attacks with one squadron before being forced to go back to carrier to pick another squadron. As it stands now , when you do launch an attack, your entire squadron is typically about to get wiped - they're all yellow and red - so if you try to get a second attack run, you will almost certainly be wiped out, so you are forced to abandon the attack after the first run (F key), and wait until another squad reaches enemy carriers.  

If you do wipe out, that's 9 torpedo planes X 99 seconds each =  891 seconds - almost 15 MINUTES  of a 20 minute game to get those planes back!!. You can't afford to do this or you'll have no planes to use!  WG already pointed out you don't want to just go suicide mode or you'll run into this problem, so to avoid it we're FORCED to recall planes after the first attack.

So in effect you do not get multiple attacks in most cases at that tier - you only get one. Which is already a slap in the face.

If they change it so your planes will not be able to send your planes back to the carrier until it's too late and they wipe after your first attack, then it's going to go right back to ruining CVs, making them useless with no planes left. I suggest caution when putting this change in as it could instantly ruin CVs' ability to do anything at tier 8/10, as almost every ship has 80+ AA ratings and even solo can wipe your planes if you come around for a second attack run (except of course the IJN Tier X torpedo squads that can lay down torpedoes from 6km away, which needs to be changed).

• Cool 5

[FF]
Members
76 posts
2,333 battles

Oh but you have infinite planes so your squads should all get blown to pieces by my AA monster. Oh yeah and my awesome  and impenetrable AA bubble should be big enough to cover the whole quadrant of the map I'm am currently occupying. 

I wonder how many of these guys have actually played CVs.

[FATE]
Members
332 posts
8,607 battles
6 minutes ago, redneck1776 said:

Oh but you have infinite planes so your squads should all get blown to pieces by my AA monster. Oh yeah and my awesome  and impenetrable AA bubble should be big enough to cover the whole quadrant of the map I'm am currently occupying. 

From what I am seeing people that have played them post rework still don't know how they work, but they are ready to quote Encyclopedia Jingles on all things CV related, you know with what he learned in his Langley and all.

Members
20,838 posts
5,614 battles
9 minutes ago, redneck1776 said:

That's the main reason I play the new CVs, I want to form my own opinions about both sides of the issue. Same reason I started grinding DDs past T6 a month or so ago. 

I found that DDs are a lot of fun to play. CVs are more fun than I thought they would be, but I don't know if I'll get serious with them.

Members
20,838 posts
5,614 battles
5 minutes ago, Paul_Revere735 said:

From what I am seeing people that have played them post rework still don't know how they work, but they are ready to quote Encyclopedia Jingles on all things CV related, you know with what he learned in his Langley and all.

Lol funny thing when I play Langley or Hosho, I keep trying to call fighters......

[TXP]
Members
516 posts
5,847 battles

Played old, bought premium cv, played new ones. Pvp Games would be better without them. 

Make a new Cv only mode or scenarios like Midway, Scharnshorst/Gneis vs Glorious/Acasta, etc. They are never fun to play against. 

Sign in to follow this