Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Sumseaman

Small analysis of low tier CVs

6 comments in this topic

[WOLF6]
Members
635 posts
2,669 battles

Like many I chose to trade in my higher tier carriers (with the exception of premiums) to adjust to the new gameplay and I wont lie, get that succulent free XP.

I am only now managing to break 50k+ with some regularity in the tier 4 Hosho and Langley.

My question to many that play is are the lower tier carriers balanced? Ok granted there are many more variables at higher tiers such as the additional consumables that come into effect though if the tier 4s and tier 6s somewhat bearable to play and play against is this not a model to address the higher tiers? Speed seems a huge factor in exploiting the 'F bail' so yes it isn't a particularly viable tactic when your aircraft cruise at barely 100kts. Is a speed relation a way to mitigate recall cooldown?

Playing the premiums at tier 8 with greater torpedo range and speed the recall option often looks very attractive.

I haven't seen many posts regarding the performance of these lower tier carriers and am very curious in regards to the experience of others when playing.

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
4,202 posts
13,784 battles

T4 is a learning tier.  The CV is balanced with that in mind.  Can't carry.  Can't seal club.  But you can learn.  And I believe that's the point.

[WOLF6]
Members
635 posts
2,669 battles
14 minutes ago, Soshi_Sone said:

T4 is a learning tier.  The CV is balanced with that in mind.  Can't carry.  Can't seal club.  But you can learn.  And I believe that's the point.

Yes fair enough.

Sign in to follow this