Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
_1204_

Unpopular opinion: give us Arkansas

61 comments in this topic

[SYJ]
[SYJ]
Members
1,576 posts
2,611 battles

First off, before I get flamed, no. I do not think WG should sell and Arkansas Beta as is in game right now (though I cant say I would complain).

It's a valid premium. Tier 4 US BB... we dont have one of those in game right now. And it is a historical ship. Nothing famous, but not fake like many of the higher tiers. 

Of course it would not be very fair to beta testers to have their ship be sold... so some changes should be made. A combination of ideas could work. Of course the beta tag would be removed, since we are not beta testers. And perhaps the unique full equipment setup could go away for the new Arkansas. If it significantly effects performance, maybe slightly buff the new Ark AND old Ark B. It could also be coal/steel/free expirence. Steel might be overkill for a tier 4 ship, but a relatively steep coal price would be very fair. We would have to work for it just like beta testers did

I also believe the real ark B owners should get something too, especially if the B suffix is removed. Maybe a unique camo, its weight in doubloons, or something of the sort. 

I've wanted Arkansas ever since I have started (seriously) playing wows. It's not like it's a reskin or knockoff like Bama ST or the black bullships. Would be neat to have in game, as long as beta testers dont get cheated.

Thoughts? I'm obviously a BB main, but isnt there an Alpha tester ship that is in a similar scenario?

Edited by _1204_
  • Cool 2
  • Bad 2

[WOLFB]
Members
747 posts
24,325 battles

I think you spelled ALASKA wrong !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Funny 2

[ARGSY]
Members
7,924 posts
5,442 battles
1 minute ago, _1204_ said:

isnt there an Alpha tester ship that is in a similar scenario?

Iwaki Alpha, I believe.

IIRC the attraction of the Ark Beta is that it gets rather more upgrade slots than most ships of that tier. You could, I suppose, sell an Arkansas Black which did not have that particular feature. Then you could have the guns, the hull, the armour and the propulsion, but none of the other special perks that the Beta Testers enjoy.

• Cool 1

[SYJ]
[SYJ]
Members
1,576 posts
2,611 battles
Just now, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Iwaki Alpha, I believe.

IIRC the attraction of the Ark Beta is that it gets rather more upgrade slots than most ships of that tier. You could, I suppose, sell an Arkansas Black which did not have that particular feature. Then you could have the guns, the hull, the armour and the propulsion, but none of the other special perks that the Beta Testers enjoy.

Exactly. If its sold as a separate ship, I have no problem not being able to mount all the upgrades beta testers get. However I would like a non-black one. As long as it fits in at tier 4 and isnt a steaming pile. If it is, buff both beta and normal so the normal fits in. 

Basically if its 2 seperate Arkansas's, Beta>normal

[STAR]
Members
2,954 posts
8,064 battles
3 minutes ago, _1204_ said:

Thoughts? 

No. Ark B is a OP ship, it wouldn't be good for the game to make it available for so many players.

But WG could make another version of Arkansas, wihtout the six slots that make her OP. 

[ARGSY]
Members
7,924 posts
5,442 battles
10 minutes ago, _1204_ said:

However I would like a non-black one.

I probably would as well; I mostly mentioned it as it is a recent example of how to bring a duplicate ship into the game. Unfortunately, the only other member of the class is already in the game as a tech-tree ship, so that alternative is closed to us.

[-WTP-]
Members
740 posts
3,578 battles

I think it wouldn't be too bad of an idea. It could be a cheap premium battleship or a coal ship. As said before a new version should be made without the six slots and a beta tag, but it's a worthy candidate.

In WOWS blitz they used to sell the Arkansas for 8 bucks in a starter pack

[SYJ]
[SYJ]
Members
1,576 posts
2,611 battles
Just now, DrHolmes52 said:

Does the Arkansas even have an AA rating?

If it does it should be 0

Members
3,304 posts
1,449 battles
Just now, _1204_ said:

If it does it should be 0

I don't think that would go over well, in the middle of a CV rework.

[ARGSY]
Members
7,924 posts
5,442 battles
Just now, DrHolmes52 said:

I don't think that would go over well, in the middle of a CV rework.

True, but you would know from the start what you are getting. 

Of course there would be some people who would come back to whine about it even if the sale page had the lack of AA and the extra slots plastered all over it, but you will never make those people happy.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
7,263 posts
10,432 battles

Hmmm maybe..... 

Maybe keep the Ark Beta as is and introduce a regular Ark that has the same equipment slot options as other tier 4 BB's 

Part of the second US BB line?

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,568 posts
20,090 battles
36 minutes ago, _1204_ said:

First off, before I get flamed, no. I do not think WG should sell and Arkansas Beta as is in game right now (though I cant say I would complain).

It's a valid premium. Tier 4 US BB... we dont have one of those in game right now. And it is a historical ship. Nothing famous, but not fake like many of the higher tiers. 

Of course it would not be very fair to beta testers to have their ship be sold... so some changes should be made. A combination of ideas could work. Of course the beta tag would be removed, since we are not beta testers. And perhaps the unique full equipment setup could go away for the new Arkansas. If it significantly effects performance, maybe slightly buff the new Ark AND old Ark B. It could also be coal/steel/free expirence. Steel might be overkill for a tier 4 ship, but a relatively steep coal price would be very fair. We would have to work for it just like beta testers did

I also believe the real ark B owners should get something too, especially if the B suffix is removed. Maybe a unique camo, its weight in doubloons, or something of the sort. 

I've wanted Arkansas ever since I have started (seriously) playing wows. It's not like it's a reskin or knockoff like Bama ST or the black bullships. Would be neat to have in game, as long as beta testers dont get cheated.

Thoughts? I'm obviously a BB main, but isnt there an Alpha tester ship that is in a similar scenario?

The main change: don't give the plebs the ship that mount T9 modules.

HFW1YLG.jpg

Sorry, those make the ship total broken on a Imp Niko level. With a CE captain, you are around 11km spotting range, but you have a 16.7km main battery range.

[INTEL]
Beta Testers
1,748 posts
4,512 battles

I've got an Ark Beta.  Here's my feelings on the matter: Remove the 'B', give it a weeeee-leeetle-eeeensy-teeensy bit of AA, take out three of the upgrade module slots, and sell it!

Or heck, just remove the 'B' and sell it as-is.

My feels are secure.

• Cool 1

[INTEL]
Beta Testers
1,748 posts
4,512 battles
1 hour ago, DrHolmes52 said:

Does the Arkansas even have an AA rating?

No.

Wait, yes.  Turns out zero is a rating.

• Cool 1

[SIM]
Members
3,008 posts
4,790 battles

I have an Arkansas Beta, and I'd be completely on-board with WG reusing the model to sell a slightly different version of the ship without the Beta tag.

• Cool 1

[DRACS]
Members
4,050 posts

The only reason to use Arkansas Beta is because of all those upgrade slots. Without them, it's just a very underwhelming stock Wyoming. And nobody wants an ordinary Wyoming, stock or upgraded.

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,760 posts
12,155 battles
1 hour ago, SkaerKrow said:

I have an Arkansas Beta, and I'd be completely on-board with WG reusing the model to sell a slightly different version of the ship without the Beta tag.

This.  My ego is fine to face other people in an Arkansas.

• Cool 1

[NMKJT]
Members
3,435 posts

I am not a beta tester and think the deserve their rewards for it.

Whatever they decide I will back, I don't feel like I can vote contrary to them on this

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
6,518 posts
19,344 battles

Great idea, lets make another group of players angry (testers)... Might as well get everyone in the mob with torches and pitchforks.

BTW I don't mind them selling an Arkansas as long as they didn't call it the Ark Beta. 

My biggest gripe about the GC thing is getting doubloons. There is nothing I want that I can buy with them, I have a huge stockpile of doubloons and nothing of interest or note to buy with them. In other words I have traded my actual money for worthless in game currency and I feel cheated. 

Edited by Taylor3006

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,760 posts
12,155 battles
1 hour ago, Wombatmetal said:

I am not a beta tester and think the deserve their rewards for it.

Whatever they decide I will back, I don't feel like I can vote contrary to them on this

This is why I do not comment on the Iwaki Alpha.  I don't have one of those.  I do have an Ark Beta though.  Yeah it's cool and all, but it doesn't need to be exclusive for me to enjoy it.  If you had one, it doesn't hurt me at all.  I got mine and got it for free.  You having it too, simply does not devalue mine.  Exclusivity is bad.  I've said it before, and it is just as true for ships that I have exclusive access to as it is for ones I do not have exclusive access to.

• Cool 2

[-GDP-]
2,552 posts
1,049 battles

Heck no, you unwashed masses will never get the ship. It has the full ungraded slots like tier 10 ships and some moronic beta testers actually sold theirs for a port slot. Fact is it’s a prefer seal clubbing ship and will be broken like that tier 4 Russian BB and given to us CBT for our work beta testing the game during the CBT. 

• Bad 1

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,760 posts
12,155 battles
2 minutes ago, alex08060 said:

Heck no, you unwashed masses will never get the ship. It has the full ungraded slots like tier 10 ships and some moronic beta testers actually sold theirs for a port slot. Fact is it’s a prefer seal clubbing ship and will be broken like that tier 4 Russian BB and given to us CBT for our work beta testing the game during the CBT. 

it wouldn't hurt you at all if other people got the ship.  You shouldn't look down your nose at the "unwashed masses" because you enjoyed playing a game earlier than they did.

[BIG-7]
Beta Testers
156 posts
7,376 battles

I also have and ArkB,  a fun ship due to the tier 10 slots, but with the new CV meta, not the same that is was.  It has no AA at all, and is a sitting duck for the two red carriers per game that now are common at tier 4.

From a historical perspective, I would have no problems with WG coming out with a premium Arkansas without the B designation, and without the tier 10 slots.  I understand that players like to have a port with historically important or different ships, especially US ships here on the NA server, but as with the Iwaki Alpha (which I don't have, got into WOW just a little too late for that), alpha and beta testers should have something unique in their ports to show their early commitment to the game.

I proudly fly my BW and CBT flags when my ships go into battle.

[-GDP-]
2,552 posts
1,049 battles

Well that tier 4 Russian BB also has little AA and yet seal clubberes swear by it. 

Sign in to follow this