Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
SteelClaw

Like it or not.........

8 comments in this topic

Members
854 posts

Like it or not the CV revamp is here to stay. No amount of complaining is going to change that. There are many who do like the revamp I being one of them. Does it need some tweeks, sure. I would suggest instead of all the rage posts do what some have done and point out things you do not like, show some proof and suggest possible fixes that make sense. I would also suggest to those who have not played any of the new CV give them a try so you can understand how they work from your own experience and you can give a more educated response to the issues you feel need addressing.  I can only speak for my self, but if i was a Dev the last players I would want to listen to are the ones raging and threatening to quit. Also try to remember the Devs have bosses who have bosses who tell them what to release and also the Marketing department in many video game companies have a say also. Having a rage fit at the Devs for something that is most likely out of their control and in the hands of executives and marketing solves nothing. 

• Cool 3
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 4
  • Angry 2

[PQUOD]
Members
1,076 posts
7,714 battles

Yes the layers of management. I do sympathize with the employees at WG catching the brunt of the rage. It wasn't them who decided to go this route. 

You are correct about coming to terms with the new reality. It's here to stay. Even if there is a major change to CV's again that is 100% different from the 8.0 release. It won't be a step back to pre 8.0. So adapt and enjoy/survive what ever the case may be.

To use a local cliche about the weather. "If you don't like it. Stick around, it will change."

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[RLGN]
Members
9,442 posts
18,870 battles
43 minutes ago, Capt_Ahab1776 said:

Yes the layers of management. I do sympathize with the employees at WG catching the brunt of the rage. It wasn't them who decided to go this route. 

You are correct about coming to terms with the new reality. It's here to stay. Even if there is a major change to CV's again that is 100% different from the 8.0 release. It won't be a step back to pre 8.0. So adapt and enjoy/survive what ever the case may be.

To use a local cliche about the weather. "If you don't like it. Stick around, it will change."

You must live in Oklahoma.

Oh I’m changing all right.

Haven’t played Nicholas in about two years. Still had it after the snowflakes, so AA spec’d and took it out for those stupid AA missions. Been doing 4-8 planes a run; especially fun against Langley and Hosho, and not too bad against Ranger and Ryujo.

Also just realized I didn’t install upgrades. Wonder if the slot 3 AA mod will make much difference when I get home from work and play.

If I can’t do well with the new carriers, then I suppose my purpose becomes making their drivers lives hell.

So many ‘F’ key escapes when carrier drivers realize my AA/DFAA is chewing them to bits. :Smile_veryhappy:

[PQUOD]
Members
1,076 posts
7,714 battles
1 hour ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

You must live in Oklahoma.

Wow good guess, your very close.

Arkansas actually.

[RLGN]
Members
9,442 posts
18,870 battles
1 hour ago, Capt_Ahab1776 said:

Wow good guess, your very close.

Arkansas actually.

Tulsa.

Been to the MacArthur Museum and the Razorback at the Inland Maritime Museum In Little Rock?

Did a lot of volunteer work at Batfish in Muskogee myself many years ago.

[DRACS]
Members
4,115 posts

Sensible post calling for calm and for constructive feedback.

So naturally, the downvotes are piling up. So here, have an upvote instead.

• Cool 1

[TRG]
Members
227 posts
13,182 battles
3 hours ago, SteelClaw said:

Like it or not the CV revamp is here to stay. No amount of complaining is going to change that. There are many who do like the revamp I being one of them. Does it need some tweeks, sure. I would suggest instead of all the rage posts do what some have done and point out things you do not like, show some proof and suggest possible fixes that make sense. I would also suggest to those who have not played any of the new CV give them a try so you can understand how they work from your own experience and you can give a more educated response to the issues you feel need addressing.  I can only speak for my self, but if i was a Dev the last players I would want to listen to are the ones raging and threatening to quit. Also try to remember the Devs have bosses who have bosses who tell them what to release and also the Marketing department in many video game companies have a say also. Having a rage fit at the Devs for something that is most likely out of their control and in the hands of executives and marketing solves nothing. 

Thousands Of Players who pay to play DON"T want to play CV's, Don't Like CV's and yes if they Quit WOW will be Hurt by it. Telling a Player to bad,,Like it or leave and that their opinion does not count Is a Death Sentence for the game. And Having a Player Basically Say the Same thing Is Just Bullcrap. We do matter, and will be heard and will NOT stop Complaining and raging about the Crap Update and what they have done to the game. Hey,,you don't like it? No amount of Rage or Complaining by you is going to make a difference or stop it.  

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[PQUOD]
Members
1,076 posts
7,714 battles
18 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Tulsa.

Been to the MacArthur Museum and the Razorback at the Inland Maritime Museum In Little Rock?

Did a lot of volunteer work at Batfish in Muskogee myself many years ago.

Cool! Not been to either place in Little Rock. Will check them out. My sister in law lives there.

Edited by Capt_Ahab1776

Sign in to follow this