You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Battleship_Elisabeth

Giulio - why should I EVER buy a premium again, Wargaming?

376 comments in this topic

[55TH]
Beta Testers
935 posts
3,389 battles

She is getting a better bow, so she might not be able to penned in the bow by the PEF.

EDIT: Also, if they are successful in making the GC not overpowered, they might be able to deal with the other overpowered ships then.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 2

[KNMSU]
Members
4,726 posts
5,104 battles
4 minutes ago, Gasboy said:

She is getting a better bow, so she might not be able to penned in the bow by the PEF.

EDIT: Also, if they are successful in making the GC not overpowered, they might be able to deal with the other overpowered ships then.

What about all the junk boats out there? There are dozens now - dozens. Where's the push to rectify them? Why is the energy from this company always directed at degrading rather than improving?

From a financial perspective - why should anyone buy anything now? A ship receives a good review from, say, LWM - should I now be gravely concerned that, in the future, that will be 'modified for the good of the game'...?

WoWs entire financial model is built around impulse buys. Why would Wargaming want to make me question every one of those moments with an interjection of "hmmmmm..."...?

Edited by Battleship_AndreaDoria
  • Cool 11

Alpha Tester
1,338 posts
458 battles

seems to me that WOWS is going to have a Super Pershing like shitstorm at this rate.

WOT devs know not to touch premium tanks, they learned that lesson the hard way. WOWS dev's might have to be taught that lesson the hard way.

I was given a GC for free, I played 1 or 2 battles in it(less than 20 that much is for sure). I have basically now real opinon, it's a tier 5 BB okay.

But Nerfing something that can only be purchased for(or given to), is not okay. it's that simple, and make no mistake a GC seeing bloody alabama's, NC,Bismark, amagi's and anything that has 400+MM rifles is going to get hammered to death. not to mention tier 8 CV's...

crapyou put a schaern up against the thing and it's going to explode, and that's a tier 7.

• Cool 5

[FART]
Members
166 posts
5,533 battles
5 minutes ago, Battleship_AndreaDoria said:

I really think you're opening up a pandora's box here with this decision. I'm going to get posters in this thread that say something to the effect of "Who cares? IT WAS OP! This is good for the game!" or, even better "I didn't play it; doesn't matter!" But, the thing is, it does matter. It discourages me and many others from making future purchases, it sets a precedent for Wargaming to completely ruin other strong premiums whenever they want to in the future, and it's a piss-poor move to be making right now, when the game is on immensely shaky ground to begin with. This is a horrifying play for a company that appears to have lost its friggin' minds in the past two weeks. 

Hit the nail on the head there; as a guy that has spent about $30-$40 a month on ships, premium time, etc. over the past year this recent charade has definitely left me feeling like my money is staying in my wallet from here on out. I've been playing WoWs for over two years now and I am honestly confused and unpleasantly surprised at the direction this game has gone in such a short time.

• Cool 6

[WOLF2]
Members
99 posts
10,489 battles

Stop voting on the forum about Premiums/Steel/Coal/Alaska/Buffs/Nerfs/CVs, etc.  Vote with you wallet.  Carries way more weight than endless angst threads.  That truly is the only thing 90% of companies out there care about.  Lately WOWs reminds me of a crappy sports team that everyone complains about, but gives all their money to.  Why would the owners do anything different?  Talk is cheap....

NT

Edited by NightTerror
  • Cool 9

[TDRB]
Members
1,866 posts
6,204 battles

Yes, you are angry WG is changing one of your favorite ships. We all have or will experience the same because WG is attempting to balance the game. No, that is not consolation nor was it meant to be. It was just the way life is. 

• Cool 3
  • Bad 15

[KNMSU]
Members
4,726 posts
5,104 battles
Just now, NightTerror said:

Stop voting on the forum about Premiums/Steel/Coal/Alaska/Buffs/Nerfs/CVs, etc.  Vote with you wallet.  Carries way more weight than endless angst threads.  That truly is the only thing 90% of companies out there care about.  Lately WOWs reminds me of a crappy sports team that everyone complains about, but gives all their money to.  Why would the owners do anything different?  

NT

I can only speak for myself, but I haven't bought anything since Christmas. And I won't be, from here on out, given this GC trash and the 8.0 fiasco. 

• Cool 10

[NSF]
Beta Testers
5,149 posts
7,299 battles

I was honestly looking forward to it being a tier VI...

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 3

[KNMSU]
Members
4,726 posts
5,104 battles
Just now, kgh52 said:

Yes, you are angry WG is changing one of your favorite ships. We all have or will experience the same because WG is attempting to balance the game. No, that is not consolation nor was it meant to be. It was just the way life is. 

Wargaming routinely changes non-premiums - and we accept that because, while we may have invested significant time, we didn't purchase them.

Altering premiums in enormous ways - ways that people didn't ask for; didn't anticipate; and didn't fathom when they were ponying up the cold, hard cash to buy them - is a completely different ball of wax. 

• Cool 8

[WOLF2]
Members
99 posts
10,489 battles
1 minute ago, Battleship_AndreaDoria said:

I can only speak for myself, but I haven't bought anything since Christmas. And I won't be, from here on out, given this GC trash and the 8.0 fiasco. 

I am in the same boat, but its been longer than that.  I have spent quite a bit, but no more.

NT

[EQRN]
Members
655 posts
10,091 battles
6 minutes ago, Battleship_AndreaDoria said:

• First, you're taking a long-time premium (IE, it wasn't just released last week) and obliterating it by forcing it to face tier 8s.

Um, you obviously missed the memo, T8s are never top tier - ever.  They only get matched with T10s who abuse their naughty areas.:cap_book:

• Funny 5
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[WOLFC]
Members
772 posts
7,370 battles

It's not the CV change, the Stealth Fire change, or the several other changes that were supposed to "kill the game".  This kind of activity might.

Edited by DocWalker
changed "will" to "might" ... always some who won't care
  • Cool 2

[GT99]
Members
409 posts
6,447 battles

Is everybody mad because they can't go paddle folks in their T5 OP bote? That's what I am getting out of this.

• Cool 4
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 9

[-GS-]
Beta Testers
2,289 posts
19,876 battles
16 minutes ago, Gasboy said:

That's not the real issue here it's that people like me paid cold retail cash two years ago . WG wants to change the deal then refund my money is wants doing to be fair 

• Cool 8

[FF]
Members
76 posts
2,333 battles

Nope not at all one of mine so no...that's not what upsets me.

7 minutes ago, Battleship_AndreaDoria said:

Wargaming routinely changes non-premiums - and we accept that because, while we may have invested significant time, we didn't purchase them.

Altering premiums in enormous ways - ways that people didn't ask for; didn't anticipate; and didn't fathom when they were ponying up the cold, hard cash to buy them - is a completely different ball of wax. 

This does....and the fact it's a straight up bait and switch as it was a headline feature in the recent monetization promo....AKA Santa crates.

• Cool 1

[KNMSU]
Members
4,726 posts
5,104 battles
5 minutes ago, T1mb3rWo1f said:

Is everybody mad because they can't go paddle folks in their T5 OP bote? That's what I am getting out of this.

Guess you didn't bother to read the original post.

Yeah, I do happen to enjoy splatting Phoenix captains that go broadside, stop, and slowly sail backwards while I am piloting my GC. It's fun to punish people who are totally oblivious.

But I can also do that in other OP ships. Which may not be OP in the future. And I may not - no, I can't - trust Wargaming not to change those ships, or as-yet-unreleased future ships moving forward. So now I - a player that probably spent close to a grand a year on this product - don't want to spend a dime. 

That's a big issue.

Edited by Battleship_AndreaDoria
  • Cool 3

[-GS-]
Beta Testers
2,289 posts
19,876 battles
1 minute ago, Battleship_AndreaDoria said:

Guess you didn't bother to read the original post.

Yeah, I do happen to enjoy splatting Phoenix captains that go broadside, stop, and slowly sail backwards while I am piloting my GC. It's fun to punish people who are totally oblivious.

But I can also do that in other OP ships. Which may not be OP in the future. And I may - no, I can't - trust Wargaming not to change those ships, or as-yet-unreleased future ships moving forward. So now I - a player that probably spent close to a grand a year on this product - don't want to spend a dime. 

That's a big issue.

I spent more then Ik and sure making me think this hole thing over with WG  that's for ------ sure 

[BNKR]
[BNKR]
Members
1,508 posts
924 battles

My gods, you are a whiny one, aren't you?

Cesare is OP, and vastly outperforms everything at her tier, as well as the tier 6s.  She will be just fine at tier 6, and also usable in operations.  Being a tier higher will also increase her xp and silver gains.  I say, bring this on.  You're getting a tier 6 BB for a tier 5 price. I fail to see the issue.

• Cool 8
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 13
  • Angry 1

Members
936 posts
2,399 battles

I would be more mad about it but I got mine free from not logging in for a year. That said the kind of behavior that caused my break was WG mismanagement so maybe another one is in the cards.

• Cool 1

[55TH]
Beta Testers
935 posts
3,389 battles
32 minutes ago, Battleship_AndreaDoria said:

What about all the junk boats out there? There are dozens now - dozens. Where's the push to rectify them? Why is the energy from this company always directed at degrading rather than improving?

From a financial perspective - why should anyone buy anything now? A ship receives a good review from, say, LWM - should I now be gravely concerned that, in the future, that will be 'modified for the good of the game'...?

WoWs entire financial model is built around impulse buys. Why would Wargaming want to make me question every one of those moments with an interjection of "hmmmmm..."...?

So up until now you've been blindly buying premium ships?  Obviously you've needed the wakeup call for a while now.

EDIT: Aww, a downvote.  Guess the truth hurts?

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 12

[KNMSU]
Members
4,726 posts
5,104 battles
10 minutes ago, Krupp_Sabot said:

I would be more mad about it but I got mine free from not logging in for a year. That said the kind of behavior that caused my break was WG mismanagement so maybe another one is in the cards.

I don't know what I'm doing anymore. I quit for about 6 months last year as well, but was enjoying the game a lot prior to 8.0. Now, I'm just kind of listless. I know I won't be spending any money, though.

[55TH]
Beta Testers
935 posts
3,389 battles
16 minutes ago, KURT_WOLFF said:

That's not the real issue here it's that people like me paid cold retail cash two years ago . WG wants to change the deal then refund my money is wants doing to be fair 

Yeah, WG wants to balance the ship.  Take your doubloon refund if you hate balance.

• Bad 1

[NOBS]
Members
1,034 posts
7,628 battles

I would like a refund on my T6 premiums now, since I have to deal with an op ship coming into my tier. 

(You see the logic right)

• Cool 1

[KNMSU]
Members
4,726 posts
5,104 battles
1 minute ago, Gasboy said:

So up until now you've been blindly buying premium ships?  Obviously you've needed the wakeup call for a while now.

Unimpressive deflection effort. 0/10. There are actually a lot I don't own.

However, the point obviously went clear over the crown of your head by a good six feet: why should I even buy 'Gudbotes' - much less Overpowered ones - in the future when I can't trust that they won't be fiddled with?