You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
IvanPonomarev

Premium Ship Refunds

52 comments in this topic

[CRMSN]
Members
365 posts
10,604 battles

If you offer goods and services rendered then you change that good or service you would be required to return the transaction value in a monetary denomination. If I pay for a new phone then am told that the phone is actually bad I either get a free new upgraded phone or I get my money back. If WG changes a ship and offer a doubloon compensation then there needs to be a monetary compensation also. I don’t want your doubloons I want my actually money back. You can’t just only offer doubloons. When WG changes a ship it is in essence a product recall.

“Sorry everyone we are recalling the Julio Cesare, you can return it for doubloons or keep new ship but you don’t get your money back because we will scam you out of that haha” 

• Cool 2
  • Funny 4
  • Boring 1

[55TH]
Beta Testers
935 posts
3,385 battles
2 minutes ago, IvanPonomarev said:

If you offer goods and services rendered then you change that good or service you would be required to return the transaction value in a monetary denomination. If I pay for a new phone then am told that the phone is actually bad I either get a free new upgraded phone or I get my money back. If WG changes a ship and offer a doubloon compensation then there needs to be a monetary compensation also. I don’t want your doubloons I want my actually money back. You can’t just only offer doubloons. When WG changes a ship it is in essence a product recall.

“Sorry everyone we are recalling the Julio Cesare, you can return it for doubloons or keep new ship but you don’t get your money back because we will scam you out of that haha” 

Except that a phone is an actual, physical good.  A pixel ship, for which you have a license and do not own, is an entirely different beast.

• Cool 2

Members
869 posts
16,928 battles

You speak as though you're deluded into thinking you have rights as a consumer. Your rights end when your money is transferred. I learned LONG AGO to not give this company a dime (for a variety of reasons). Now their changes have hardly an effect as I have no appreciable investment here. I just play for the play, and get whatever I can get from play.

• Boring 3
  • Bad 1

[-BMV-]
Members
1,225 posts
5,757 battles

Pretty sure you forfeit that when you clicked agree on the terms of service. Kinda odd to quibble now.

• Cool 1

[CRMSN]
Members
365 posts
10,604 battles

I’m speaking for others I’ve never asked for a refund but I know many a players feel this way.

[WOLF7]
Members
10,755 posts
4 minutes ago, IvanPonomarev said:

I’m speaking for others I’ve never asked for a refund but I know many a players feel this way.

I think someone in Australia posted that the laws there require them to offer a refund in cash, other than that, who's going to go get a lawyer over a ship that cost $12-$16 and was given for free to many people, myself included.

I think that people who rolled Santa's crates for it have a legitimate gripe though.

Edited by awiggin

[-TKS-]
Members
394 posts
7,417 battles
1 minute ago, awiggin said:

I think that people who rolled Santa's crates for it have a legitimate gripe though.

i got most of mine through santa crates and still dont care to much . the only ship i would refund is the Stalingrad.  between the concealment expert nerf the fire timer extension, the AA .  its not the ship i paid steel for and that sucks because how hard it is to get steel unlike paying cash.   

[NOBS]
Members
1,018 posts
7,532 battles
13 minutes ago, IvanPonomarev said:

I'd like the money back that I spent on all those games in the 80's and 90's too, since those games have all changed too

• Funny 1

[-GS-]
Beta Testers
2,287 posts
19,856 battles
10 minutes ago, IvanPonomarev said:

Some had an earlier good answer about all this that WG wants to go through . Leave the original tier (5) alone for the costumers that paid cold retail cash two years ago and or return to them CASH amount or create a new tier (6) and discontinue the original tier (5) to future players.

[SOUS]
Members
251 posts
8,117 battles
2 minutes ago, EyE_dYe_QuIck said:

i got most of mine through santa crates and still dont care to much . the only ship i would refund is the Stalingrad.  between the concealment expert nerf the fire timer extension, the AA .  its not the ship i paid steel for and that sucks because how hard it is to get steel unlike paying cash.   

I would get a refund for my Stalingrad as well. Right now it sits in port. 

• Cool 1

[A_51]
Members
657 posts
7 minutes ago, KURT_WOLFF said:

Some had an earlier good answer about all this that WG wants to go through . Leave the original tier (5) alone for the costumers that paid cold retail cash two years ago and or return to them CASH amount or create a new tier (6) and discontinue the original tier (5) to future players.

That would be a perfect solution.  Which means it won't happen.

[-GS-]
Beta Testers
2,287 posts
19,856 battles
2 minutes ago, Seaneroo said:

That would be a perfect solution.  Which means it won't happen.

One thing that surly change my out-look with this game is not to buy new ships right away wait a few months maybe even until Christmas or black-Friday and get them for a hell of a lot cheaper maybe on bargain discount prices if you're lucky 

[INTEL]
Beta Testers
1,748 posts
4,522 battles
42 minutes ago, IvanPonomarev said:

If you offer goods and services rendered then you change that good or service you would be required to return the transaction value in a monetary denomination. If I pay for a new phone then am told that the phone is actually bad I either get a free new upgraded phone or I get my money back.

So when Apple or Android push a crappy or broken OS update, you get a new phone for free?!?!  Where can I get in on that?

• Cool 1

[ARS]
Beta Testers
2,600 posts
2,433 battles
45 minutes ago, IvanPonomarev said:

Why?  When a new version of WoW comes out does Blizzard have to offer refunds to their players?  No, and none of them expect that.  Balance changes happen.

You, and others, are acting like a spoiled, entitled brat.

For the record, I paid cash for the GC.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[GT99]
Members
398 posts
6,386 battles

When there is a recall on a car or truck does the company give your money back or a new car? No, they don't, they provide a repair as compensation. Will it be the same care when they are done? Well, that depends. I don't see the difference here.

[NOBS]
Members
1,018 posts
7,532 battles

And at some point you have to prorate the price, just like tires, it's no longer new, it's used, so half its value is gone as soon as it leaves the port, then you have all that battle damage, so realistically you own WG for the damage you caused to their pixels

[-TKS-]
Members
394 posts
7,417 battles
24 minutes ago, Fishrokk said:

So when Apple or Android push a crappy or broken OS update, you get a new phone for free?!?!  Where can I get in on that?

with those you can reject the update though its not forced on you. 

[MIA-E]
Members
2,706 posts
7,586 battles

Nooo, WG is doing this to divert attention from the shitshow that is the CV rework.

Don't give in to their plans! Next they will be releasing the Alaska soon!

• Funny 1

[INTEL]
Beta Testers
1,748 posts
4,522 battles
7 minutes ago, EyE_dYe_QuIck said:

with those you can reject the update though its not forced on you. 

Which, if you do it often enough, will render a lot of your apps non-functional.  So, in essence, your phone still breaks.

[FF]
Members
76 posts
2,333 battles
8 minutes ago, Fishrokk said:

Which, if you do it often enough, will render a lot of your apps non-functional.  So, in essence, your phone still breaks.

No, you just dont update those either...I know two that are still using 5 generation old samsung notes just fine, apps and all.

[SIM]
Members
3,011 posts
4,795 battles

The easiest solution to this situation is for Wargaming to leave the Cesare the hell alone. It’s already been pulled from general sale, no further action is required.

[SOUS]
Members
251 posts
8,117 battles
1 hour ago, SkaerKrow said:

The easiest solution to this situation is for Wargaming to leave the Cesare the hell alone. It’s already been pulled from general sale, no further action is required.

One of the most reasonable statements on the forums all day long. 

[-TKS-]
Members
394 posts
7,417 battles
2 hours ago, SkaerKrow said:

how can WeeGee make money then?  its always been OP yet they put it on sale from time to time cause money.....

[CRMSN]
Members
365 posts
10,604 battles
6 hours ago, Fishrokk said:

its called a monetary refund

Members
201 posts
16,931 battles
9 hours ago, theLaalaa said:

You speak as though you're deluded into thinking you have rights as a consumer. Your rights end when your money is transferred. I learned LONG AGO to not give this company a dime (for a variety of reasons). Now their changes have hardly an effect as I have no appreciable investment here. I just play for the play, and get whatever I can get from play.

This is just legally incorrect.  There are many consumer laws offering protection.  In the case of automobiles, for example, there are "lemon" laws that can require an auto company to replace or refund.  This is just one example.  I can only believe that you are still a minor, and are not yet acquainted with consumer protection law.