Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Kirby

HVARs or Tiny Tims?

4 comments in this topic

Members
55 posts
2,901 battles

Been playing the Midway for awhile and have used both planes, I like the HVARs just due to the fact that there are more of them and you get a higher hit probability. The Tiny Tims are also very fun too and I like the damage that they give out. I was just wondering what other player like to use on their Midway.

[-GS-]
Beta Testers
2,280 posts
19,850 battles

I only want to play up to tier (8s) at this point in time

[DRACS]
Members
4,043 posts
Just now, KURT_WOLFF said:

I only want to play up to tier (8s) at this point in time

Tier 8 Lexington also gets access to both.

Kirby, depends what you're looking for. The FVARs seem to pen, I think, 33mm of armor (can someone in game confirm, please?). Whereas the Tiny Tims have a good deal more pen. Definitely over 50mm. FVARs will have more rockets and more potential damage if they all connect. But they might get blocked by BBs with good deck armor. Tiny Tims have less max potential damage but WILL pen those decks. Also, if I am not mistaken, Tiny Tims also have a smaller aiming circle, which helps.

[RLGN]
Members
9,377 posts
18,757 battles
3 minutes ago, KaptainKaybe said:

Tier 8 Lexington also gets access to both.

Kirby, depends what you're looking for. The FVARs seem to pen, I think, 33mm of armor (can someone in game confirm, please?). Whereas the Tiny Tims have a good deal more pen. Definitely over 50mm. FVARs will have more rockets and more potential damage if they all connect. But they might get blocked by BBs with good deck armor. Tiny Tims have less max potential damage but WILL pen those decks. Also, if I am not mistaken, Tiny Tims also have a smaller aiming circle, which helps.

Except for me on Saipan they've been pretty worthless. (such fun fighting T10 ships, even if the planes are too.) Haven't tried them on Lex.

Doesn't help any that I can't seem to dodge the AA puffs worth a damn.

Edited by Estimated_Prophet

Sign in to follow this