Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Gneisenau013

Take Command Tuesday - Your Warship

38 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

1,238
[WGA]
Administrator, Developers
1,049 posts
6,593 battles

Image result for change of command navy world war 2

*pictured - RADM Nora Tyson on board USS Anzio (CG-68) addressing crew regarding anti-piracy operations in the Gulf of Aden in January 2009*

Which warship would you like to be in command of?

Whether it's a ship in our game, real life, or historical, there are warships we are attached to for many reasons.

Regardless of the era or period of time, pick a vessel you think you would make a great captain for and how you would make a good skipper.

Fleet, it's time to take command of your warship - which one do you take charge of and why?

"This ship was built to fight. You better know how." - Arleigh Burke, US Navy

#takecommandtuesday

#anchorsaweigh

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
88
[RLGN]
Beta Testers
100 posts
1,810 battles

Hands down I'd command The Love Boat ;p

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
848
[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
4,473 posts
14,393 battles

I would love to but I and others are not connecting! WHY?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,266
[NDA]
Supertester
5,058 posts
14,833 battles

With the Current state of WoWs I'm thinking a fishing boat on a lake with no internet connection would be the best bet. 

:cap_cool:

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
670
[-GS-]
Beta Testers
2,280 posts
19,850 battles

Stood watch on the bridge many times during my stay on a destroyer for four years back in the day

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,357
[DAKI]
WoWS Wiki Editor
7,822 posts
6,882 battles

Honestly, I wouldn't want to be in command of a warship. There may be ships which I'd have liked to serve on, but being in command of hundreds or even thousands of men, knowing that a miscalculation on my end could get them killed, no, I wouldn't want to bear that burden.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,720
[RLGN]
Members
9,380 posts
18,758 battles

Kind of like Samual Elliot Morrison, I'd rather have some kind of blanket Press (or whatever,) pass from Ernest J. King to 'hitch a ride' on whatever ship I choose.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,092
[90TH]
[90TH]
Alpha Tester
5,960 posts
7,946 battles
32 minutes ago, Gneisenau013 said:

Regardless of the era or period of time, pick a vessel you think you would make a great captain for and how you would make a good skipper.

 

s-l300.jpg

I wouldn't stray from port, wouldn't carry any passengers, or crew, and would only be a danger to myself. Best kinda skipper IMHO.

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
136
[PSV]
[PSV]
Members
266 posts
8,190 battles

Sorry mate the only ship I can play comfortably right now is unfortunately a CV

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,305 posts
1,449 battles

In this game? 

USS Anzio (CG-68).

You all get to keep your ships.

Edited by DrHolmes52
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,519
[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
7,237 posts
11,044 battles

HMS Pinafore.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,927
[PVE]
Members
12,248 posts
8,463 battles
39 minutes ago, Gneisenau013 said:

Image result for change of command navy world war 2

*pictured - RADM Nora Tyson on board USS Anzio (CG-68) addressing crew regarding anti-piracy operations in the Gulf of Aden in January 2009*

Which warship would you like to be in command of?

Whether it's a ship in our game, real life, or historical, there are warships we are attached to for many reasons.

Regardless of the era or period of time, pick a vessel you think you would make a great captain for and how you would make a good skipper.

Fleet, it's time to take command of your warship - which one do you take charge of and why?

"This ship was built to fight. You better know how." - Arleigh Burke, US Navy

#takecommandtuesday

#anchorsaweigh

 

 

All of them. I know there are some I can not get, but i want as many as I can.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
208
[INR]
Members
655 posts
3,719 battles
16 minutes ago, SireneRacker said:

Honestly, I wouldn't want to be in command of a warship. There may be ships which I'd have liked to serve on, but being in command of hundreds or even thousands of men, knowing that a miscalculation on my end could get them killed, no, I wouldn't want to bear that burden.

I'm with you there. I couldn't take the responsibility, and I'd second guess every decision I did make.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49
[M_INC]
Members
156 posts
7,108 battles

Nora Wingfield Tyson is a retired United States Navy officer. In 2015, she was installed as the new commander of the Navy’s Third Fleet, making her the first woman to lead a U.S. Navy ship fleet

 

so awesome to see women in leadership roles in the military

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
953
[OO7]
[OO7]
Members
1,794 posts
6,163 battles

I would choose the Giulio Cesare, since while in the middle of captainship it would magically be uprated.

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,412
[OO7]
[OO7]
Members
3,732 posts
10,273 battles

While many would say iconic historic ships from WW2 such as the Bismarck, we all know those ships just end badly. 

I'd probably have to say the USS Constitution or the HMS Victory. Good job security. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,737
[ARGSY]
Members
7,925 posts
5,442 battles
16 minutes ago, y_vonne said:

so awesome to see women in leadership roles in the military

It'll be more awesome the day one of them pulls off a victory in a stand-up fight against an equal enemy force. 

I am concerned that the US Navy is in the same position the Royal Navy was in 1914, unchallenged in strength but untested in battle in the prevailing meta. The USN hasn't fought a pitched battle against even a near-equal force since the Second World War, and so much has changed since then it isn't funny. It may all come down to the capabilities of the people who wrote the software for the gun and missile defence systems.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31
[SYJ]
Members
77 posts
7,622 battles
25 minutes ago, ReddNekk said:

This mighty Man o' War would be my top choice!

pt73.jpg.feafafca9818760678c2df74f5bb7e92.jpg

PT Boat is more my speed as well.  You could put some rod holders on it a cooler of beer hang at the sand bar on a Saturday afternoon...and the Admiral wouldn't know or care.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
791
[NDA]
Supertester
3,327 posts
6,127 battles
1 hour ago, SireneRacker said:

Honestly, I wouldn't want to be in command of a warship. There may be ships which I'd have liked to serve on, but being in command of hundreds or even thousands of men, knowing that a miscalculation on my end could get them killed, no, I wouldn't want to bear that burden.

Yeah that was my first thought, infantry is bad enough but 1000+ dudes on my head? Yikes. 

But...I wouldn't mind being the captain of HMS Bermuda :cap_yes:

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45
[GLF]
Beta Testers
582 posts
11,010 battles
33 minutes ago, gatorken said:

PT Boat is more my speed as well.  You could put some rod holders on it a cooler of beer hang at the sand bar on a Saturday afternoon...and the Admiral wouldn't know or care.

Sign me up!!!, but change the beer to Rum!     lol

SMS Emden

and of couse....Yubari!!!

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
92
[KAPPA]
Members
438 posts
5,109 battles

I've a great many beloved ships. One ship I don't have, but want to have, is Le Terrible. Or, better yet, a Shimakaze that doesn't have nerfed speed.

Yamato, however, would probably be the most enjoyable ship to captain in her time, however. She was practically a luxury hotel.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×