Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
shadowsrmine

Buy Boise/Nueve De Julio Get The Other Free

39 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

924
[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
2,351 posts

:Smile_great:Or as they put it in July 2018  1=1+1 BOGO  Just the other day I finally got enuff money put aside to get Boise  onlythere's no mission for Nueve De Julio  popping up,   And for months whilst searching for bonus codes  one of  WG's  Spokespeople has been coming up with a the News buy Boise  or Nueve De Julio get the other Free Forever................................I suppose this gives New Meaning/Definition  of the word Forever Huh?    I  even found this Reddit Page  talking about it   OTH  Since they're  Nerfing and or changing other Premiums and or deals for them After Purchase?!?!?!   I guess this should not be a surprise :Smile_sad:

Boise_Bundle.png

Boise_Nuevo_De_Julio!Buy_one_get_one_free.png

Boise_Reddit_Page.png

  • Cool 2
  • Bad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,342
[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,568 posts
20,090 battles

You mess two things up. The forever wasn't mean that the mission will be avaible forever. AFAIK it was a limited thing to get both with one buy. Forever was meant: buy it NOW and get the same boat with another camo/nation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[FBXGC]
Members
313 posts
2,111 battles

The mission was listed in the items on the purchase page when it was offered. When they put the Boise and NdJ back in the shop they didn't have the mission listed. I'm sorry you didn't get it when they offered it but a little more attention to detail could have saved you the heartbreak. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,926
[PVE]
Members
12,248 posts
8,459 battles
6 minutes ago, Erebthoron said:

You mess two things up. The forever wasn't mean that the mission will be avaible forever. AFAIK it was a limited thing to get both with one buy.

This.

 

Besides, nothing you posted says forever. 

I bought the Nueve de Julio and got the Boise mission. When I bought it, the package was clearly marked as having an end date for the Boise mission of Dec 31st. So did the in-game mission.

Edited by Kizarvexis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
924
[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
2,351 posts
12 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

This.

 

Besides, nothing you posted says forever. 

I bought the Nueve de Julio and got the Boise mission. When I bought it, the package was clearly marked as having an end date for the Boise mission of Dec 31st. So did the in-game mission.

:Smile_great:What Did  Say Forever  Can No Longer Be Found  Or I'd have shown that Too:Smile_facepalm::Smile_sad:

  • Cool 1
  • Bad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,926
[PVE]
Members
12,248 posts
8,459 battles
5 minutes ago, shadowsrmine said:

:Smile_great:What Did  Say Forever  Can No Longer Be Found  Or I'd have shown that Too:Smile_facepalm::Smile_sad:

So sorry you didn't take advantage when that came out. I seem to remember the mission being listed as limited time only, but I'm getting old, so the memory could be wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
898
[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
3,505 posts
13,625 battles

It was a limited time mission until the end of the year. Missed that window by a bit...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
924
[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
2,351 posts

This and other current events is making me rethink the advisability of purchasing anything else in this game


Yes this:Smile_facepalm::Smile_sad:So This

Edited by shadowsrmine
  • Cool 3
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
271
[WOLF6]
Members
725 posts
4,322 battles

The mission had an end date of Dec 31 2018.   So even if your purchase came with the mission, it would have expired before you started.

The mission you would have gotten required you to acquire 300,000XP in the ship to get the other ship.   So even if you had gotten it on December 30, you would have been hard pressed to get the 300,000XP in the few hours you had the ship to get the other one.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,736
[ARGSY]
Members
7,924 posts
5,442 battles
1 hour ago, shadowsrmine said:

Or as they put it in July 2018

That was then; this is now. Your Reddit thread is six months old, and the background in one of your screenshots relates to a campaign that ended at about the same time.

Others have stated the position quite plainly.

Neither Boise nor Nueve in the premium store NOW lists the mission to get the other, a detail you should have checked before you put your money down. You could have come here and asked BEFORE you purchased. All it would have taken was a simple post asking whether the "Buy Boise, Get Nueve" thing was still current.

HOWEVER, you still have a perfectly good Tier 7 premium light cruiser. I would put that to good use if I were you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
924
[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
2,351 posts
1 hour ago, Khafni said:

It was a limited time mission until the end of the year. Missed that window by a bit...

:Smile_great:

5 minutes ago, DocWalker said:

Original premium shop article ... shows purchase end dates for the bundles with the mission.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/deals/premium-shop-july/

 

:Smile_great:I looked and found No Mission Cutoff Date  I did find a cutoff date for the Special Bundles with the flags and other goodies,   A cutoff date for the  BOGO   Mission Nope

  • Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
898
[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
3,505 posts
13,625 battles
2 hours ago, shadowsrmine said:

:Smile_great:I looked and found No Mission Cutoff Date  I did find a cutoff date for the Special Bundles with the flags and other goodies,   A cutoff date for the  BOGO   Mission Nope

It was in the mission window in the game client. I found one in a forum post where this was discussed - https://forum.worldofwarships.eu/topic/103481-any-chance-a-us-version-of-the-boise-will-be-available/?page=4&tab=comments#comment-2558569. Look specifically for post #85.

686815336_boisemarathon.PNG.7f70fc232c615d35f8296605748c6b08.PNG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
924
[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
2,351 posts
47 minutes ago, Khafni said:

And as I said before this was not the page everyone talked about or anywhere else and then acted like I was a goof for not seeing it

  • Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
571
[LOU1]
Members
3,394 posts
9,036 battles

I would note that WOWS stated their software had to have an end-of-year cutoff when players were asking about the Legendary Module missions.  In that case, players were assured the date was just a place holder and would be renewed.  Unfortunately, I forgot that when looking for an end date for the Black Friday B ships - there was none listed in the in-game window or anywhere else.  I kept putting off finishing the Asashio B missions, especially since I got Asashio in a Santa crate; I am probably the only player that didn't prioritize grabbing the Doubloons immediately.  When I went to work on it this past weekend it was gone.  I have a ticket being looked at by Support now.  I am hoping it was just an oversight due to 0.8.0 prep and they didn't intend for the missions to end at the end of the year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
293
[REVY]
Members
1,068 posts
8,334 battles
20 hours ago, HashtagYoloSwagChamp said:

The mission was listed in the items on the purchase page when it was offered. When they put the Boise and NdJ back in the shop they didn't have the mission listed.

^ this.  The BOGO was listed on the ship purchase page back in July. If you check it now, it is not listed. The BOGO was only part of that campaign that has long since ended.

 

18 hours ago, shadowsrmine said:

This and other current events is making me rethink the advisability of purchasing anything else in this game


:Smile_facepalm::Smile_sad:

Not really seeing how you can compare the 2 issues.

In one case, a player purchased a ship, not noticing that the mission he was expecting to earn a second ship was no longer listed as an item on the ship purchase page, and had long since expired. WG gave plenty of notice and time regarding this.

 

The other is a possibility of WG nerfing premium ships.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
924
[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
2,351 posts
On 2/5/2019 at 1:05 PM, shadowsrmine said:

:Smile_great:Or as they put it in July 2018  1=1+1 BOGO  Just the other day I finally got enuff money put aside to get Boise  onlythere's no mission for Nueve De Julio  popping up,   And for months whilst searching for bonus codes  one of  WG's  Spokespeople has been coming up with a the News buy Boise  or Nueve De Julio get the other Free Forever................................I suppose this gives New Meaning/Definition  of the word Forever Huh?    I  even found this Reddit Page  talking about it   OTH  Since they're  Nerfing and or changing other Premiums and or deals for them After Purchase?!?!?!   I guess this should not be a surprise :Smile_sad:

Boise_Bundle.png

Boise_Nuevo_De_Julio!Buy_one_get_one_free.png

Boise_Reddit_Page.png


On 2/5/2019 at 1:18 PM, Kizarvexis said:

This.

 

Besides, nothing you posted says forever. 

I bought the Nueve de Julio and got the Boise mission. When I bought it, the package was clearly marked as having an end date for the Boise mission of Dec 31st. So did the in-game mission.

:Smile_great:Up Date  Just Fond this Site Again!   Now what do you have to say?   @Kizarvexis @Ensign_Cthulhu @HashtagYoloSwagChamp @Khafni @ExploratorOne @DocWalker @Capt_PepsiHolic @wtfovr @Lord_Slayer  Found the site still March,9,2019,02:30 AM

Earn_Nuevo_for_Boise_Forever.png

Earn_Neuvo_for_Boise_Marthon#2.png

Site_Where_Earn_Neuvo_for_Boise_is_found.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
924
[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
2,351 posts

:Smile_great:Oh and for those of you whose eyes may be failing to some extent  here's the address straight out https://forum.world of warships.com/calendar/   Now have I proved my point at last?  Oh when you click it comes back saying can't find however when  typed out the address in search mode it took me straight there  Have a Nice Day

Edited by shadowsrmine
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
571
[LOU1]
Members
3,394 posts
9,036 battles

What did Support say when you showed them?  Did you get the mission back?  Should have  based on the Calendar.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
105
[T-SEC]
[T-SEC]
Beta Testers
460 posts

If its really bothering you that much, then send in a ticket to support. We cant help you here and any of the mods are going to tell you the same thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
924
[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
2,351 posts
Just now, Raigoth said:

If its really bothering you that much, then send in a ticket to support. We cant help you here and any of the mods are going to tell you the same thing.

Oh just getting some Satisfaction:Smile_veryhappy:After the way people responded earlier

  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
105
[T-SEC]
[T-SEC]
Beta Testers
460 posts
Just now, shadowsrmine said:

Oh just getting some Satisfaction:Smile_veryhappy:After the way people responded earlier

In my opinion you could have went about it a different way. You could have edited your starting post with the new articles and just said "Hey guys, there are some new pictures on the original post, what about these?"

To each their own I guess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,736
[ARGSY]
Members
7,924 posts
5,442 battles
2 hours ago, shadowsrmine said:

Oh just getting some Satisfaction:Smile_veryhappy:After the way people responded earlier

I am inclined to think that what it means is that for those who bought either ship WHEN THE PROMOTION WAS ACTIVE, the time required to grind the 300K XP and unlock the other is extended indefinitely.

It does NOT mean that you can buy either ship forever and obtain the unlock for the other.

Like I said, my understanding is that the time to buy one and obtain the unlock mission for the other with it has long since passed. This does not change my opinion one little bit. Sorry.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×