You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Excuse_Maker

Have you ever been cheated on?

50 comments in this topic

Members
631 posts
11 battles

After so much time and money and effort... only to have something ripped out from under you? Sure you still care, you have to, but it's an empty feeling now.. The trust is gone, that spark is out, you carry on, but it will never be the same. In the end, apology's and promises only go so far. That is honestly the closest I can come to describing the feeling I have right now.

This has turned into the World of Pillboxes, put your starboard side next to an island, and reinforce the port with AA and don't move. 

What to do with DD's? With secondary build BB's, Cruiser's that rely on stealth and agility...all port queens. 

I don't care that a hotfix is coming. I saw the video on the RN CV's and how easy they are to play. Flamu's video, he started in excess of 25 fires as a CV... Who is in charge of this process? The design of this game has taken a turn that is virtually impossible to support.

• Cool 12
  • Boring 5

[BOTO]
Members
291 posts
8,142 battles
1 minute ago, Excuse_Maker said:

After so much time and money and effort... only to have something ripped out from under you? Sure you still care, you have to, but it's an empty feeling now.. The trust is gone, that spark is out, you carry on, but it will never be the same. In the end, apology's and promises only go so far. That is honestly the closest I can come to describing the feeling I have right now.

This has turned into the World of Pillboxes, put your starboard side next to an island, and reinforce the port with AA and don't move. 

What to do with DD's? With secondary build BB's, Cruiser's that rely on stealth and agility...all port queens. 

I don't care that a hotfix is coming. I saw the video on the RN CV's and how easy they are to play. Flamu's video, he started in excess of 25 fires as a CV... Who is in charge of this process? The design of this game has taken a turn that is virtually impossible to support.

Not being melodramatic, are we?

I guess we're playing two different games, I'm pretty much playing the same way I did before and I'm doing just fine. None of my ships are port queens, and I've deliberately run some of my cruisers without any AA build at all to for kicks and grins.

Changes will have to be made, but so many people are losing their minds over this that it's just sad.

In the interest of full disclosure, I don't play CVs at all and as far as I'm concerned they can be removed from the game entirely, so I'm certainly not biased in their favor.

• Cool 2

Members
631 posts
11 battles
Just now, Aaron_S_Merrill said:

Not being melodramatic, are we?

I guess we're playing two different games, I'm pretty much playing the same way I did before and I'm doing just fine. None of my ships are port queens, and I've deliberately run some of my cruisers without any AA build at all to for kicks and grins.

Changes will have to be made, but so many people are losing their minds over this that it's just sad.

In the interest of full disclosure, I don't play CVs at all and as far as I'm concerned they can be removed from the game entirely, so I'm certainly not biased in their favor.

To a degree yes, but...so many options of ships have been negated. For example, why would I play my Mass as a Secondary build ship when I can play the NC or Alabama with better torp belt or AA? It's more of a negation of variation of play styles.

[BOTO]
Members
291 posts
8,142 battles
4 minutes ago, Excuse_Maker said:

To a degree yes, but...so many options of ships have been negated. For example, why would I play my Mass as a Secondary build ship when I can play the NC or Alabama with better torp belt or AA? It's more of a negation of variation of play styles.

It doesn't have to be.  From my experience so far, things really haven't changed.  Good CV players are going to kill you if they decide to focus you, same as before.  (How many times did my full AA build Des Moines get bombed/torpedoed into oblivion? I lost count).  Mediocre/bad CV players aren't going to accomplish much at all.

• Bad 1

[55TH]
Beta Testers
935 posts
3,385 battles
17 minutes ago, Excuse_Maker said:

Uh, this has not been my experience.  What game are you playing?

[WOLF7]
Members
10,755 posts
Just now, Aaron_S_Merrill said:

It doesn't have to be.  From my experience so far, things really haven't changed.  Good CV players are going to kill you if they decide to focus you, same as before.  (How many times did my full AA build Des Moines get bombed/torpedoed into oblivion? I lost count).  Mediocre/bad CV players aren't going to accomplish much at all.

Which negates the entire reason for the update....which was to bring better balance to CV's. Balance appears to be worse than ever.....

• Cool 2

[HEROS]
Members
1,786 posts
5,675 battles

yes, I have been cheated on, by my ex, and my favorite ex-gf. it was traumatic to say the least, and I am certain I will never get over it. the sort of trust required to build a great, happy, healthy long term significant other type relationship was broke, and tragically, can never be restored. I am sure I will spend my remaining days alone, solitary, and increasingly bitter. oh the humanity. why?

wait a sec... NOT about women? rats. I have skills in messing that up.

as far as WG cheating me, uh, no. while I have not been thrilled by the nerfs to IJN torp DDs, I recognize there are still unicum players that manage just fine. my problems generate from my unwillingness to change my playstyle in the chase for deep purple stats.

I do not feel WG makes changes lightly, if they did, it would not take them so long (aka soon). often times, they are waiting for player feedback, and if you spend much time reading thru the posts in this forum, how long would it take you to find a handful of posts that actually would be helpful in this way?

but I did like the drama, I needed that.

[PVE]
Members
12,314 posts
8,463 battles

This question is a little personal, but why not.

No. My wife is trustworthy and honorable. I would not cheat either for the same reasons. 

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,818 posts
10,508 battles

Or if you want to have fun while the free respecs are available.. Take your 'XP piñata Bismarck, and soup it up to be as maximum AA as you can. .. CV jock sez --- oooohhh! must farm damage !!! ... ... then you lay in wait with secondaries shut off until they can't escape.. Then WHAM -- hit the 'P' and watch them evaporate.

[-IA-]
Beta Testers
85 posts
3,244 battles
7 minutes ago, abyssofthetriffid said:

Thought we was on about women..................jeeeez.

Regardless of what the OP is talking about, I think the old saying, "There are many fish in the sea" is probably appropriate.

[BOTO]
Members
291 posts
8,142 battles
5 minutes ago, awiggin said:

Which negates the entire reason for the update....which was to bring better balance to CV's. Balance appears to be worse than ever.....

You can't balance player skill.  This applies to any ship or ship type. Yamato ain't worth a flip if you're a crappy player. Graf Zeppelin ain't worth a flip if you're a crappy player.  It always killed me when my team would flip out and act like we'd already lost just because the other team had a GZ.  Yet there were plenty of times my team won because that GZ player sucked. The same applies now.

Members
631 posts
11 battles
10 minutes ago, abyssofthetriffid said:

Thought we was on about women..................jeeeez.

there is a reason boats, yachts & ships are named after women.

Members
3,312 posts
1,458 battles
4 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

This question is a little personal, but why not.

No. My wife is trustworthy and honorable. I would not cheat either for the same reasons. 

I agree.

(And if I cheated, my wife would cut me in half with a chain saw).

[YORHA]
Members
3,792 posts
6,575 battles

main-qimg-06d35c9f3fc302966448156a9731e9

Seriously.  This drama is getting out of control.

Edited by JCC45

Members
631 posts
11 battles
1 minute ago, JCC45 said:

maybe, but ask those that spend a ton if they continue to spend at the same rate... then you will see drama.

[PVE]
Members
12,314 posts
8,463 battles
3 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

I agree.

(And if I cheated, my wife would cut me in half with a chain saw).

That's so messy and ruins the carpet. :Smile_teethhappy:

3 minutes ago, JCC45 said:

:Smile_teethhappy:

[YORHA]
Members
3,792 posts
6,575 battles

I spend a ton and. when things get sorted out, will probably spend a ton more.

And they will get sorted out, in spite of what the "I WANT WHAT I WANT AND I WANT IT NOW, NOW, NOW, NOW, NOW!" types think.

Edited by JCC45
  • Bad 1

Members
631 posts
11 battles
11 minutes ago, JCC45 said:

And they will get sorted out, in spite of what the "I WANT WHAT I WANT AND I WANT IT NOW, NOW, NOW, NOW, NOW!" types think.

what is a ton? why don't you spend more now? what will be your definition of sorted out?

Members
631 posts
11 battles
13 minutes ago, JCC45 said:

By stating that you will spend more when things get sorted out says two things, that they have made a mistake, and that you trust the people that made a mistake after a year of testing to get it right. By your own defense... you make my point.

[YORHA]
Members
3,792 posts
6,575 battles
Just now, Excuse_Maker said:

what is a ton? why don't you spend more now? what will be your definition of sorted out?

A few grand a year.

I have everything I want/need now to enjoy the experience and more ships than I will ever have time to play.  Probably going to need some more Dragon Flags in a few months so we will see then.

The more egregious problems in the rework sorted out so we can all go back to moaning about MM, detonations and aimbots.

Members
1,424 posts
3,718 battles

Im deffo lost at sea in this game right now lol ............

What with work and all the gypsies im constantly on advil.

I need a holiday.

:cap_popcorn:

• Funny 1

[YORHA]
Members
3,792 posts
6,575 battles
Just now, Excuse_Maker said:

By stating that you will spend more when things get sorted out says two things, that they have made a mistake, and that you trust the people that made a mistake after a year of testing to get it right. By your own defense... you make my point.

Where do you get this stuff?  Really.. what body orifice do you pull this out of?

Where have I EVER said there were not problems with the rework?  Let me save you some time.  I NEVER said anything of the sort.  What I also haven't done is spam the forums with drama queen posts talking about the "pain" this has caused  and how it has ruined my life and how I feel cheated and nothing will ever be the same ever again and (improbably) comparing it to the dissolution of a human relationship through betrayal.. 

SO      MUCH     DRAMA.

What I HAVE said is that I have confidence that a group of people who can take ones and zeros and turn it into an amazing experience  also have the smarts to figure out when something is wrong and the talent to fix it.

• Cool 3

[WOLF2]
Members
2,359 posts
14,161 battles
32 minutes ago, Excuse_Maker said:

there is a reason boats, yachts & ships are named after women.

Yes, I completely agree … boats, cars, women - all the same 

I don't give my love or trust any car until I have hand washed, waxed and buffed over every square inch of her … only then, will I rest safely and surely in her warm leather seats for all time (or 60,000 mi, whichever comes first) 

But, if she leaks ONE DROP of OIL …. she's OUT THE DOOR!  … garage door that is :)

Edited by Commander_367

Members
3,312 posts
1,458 battles
7 minutes ago, Excuse_Maker said:

you make my point.

Your point is you are equating a video game to an actual human relationship.

That isn't a point I feel I am qualified to argue.

Or even want to.