Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
dechion

Thoughts on PTS vs live testing

2 comments in this topic

[TACG]
Beta Testers
787 posts
2,157 battles

I've been doing a bit of thinking about the current state of flux that 8.0 has caused and the idea that the PTS didn't provide enough data.

I was thinking of why I rarely go on the PTS and it occurred to me that the main reason was that anything I did there was pointless.

I know I can get a few flags or camos, and that the data obtained is not pointless from Wargamings standpoint. What I mean is that I generally prefer to use my limited game time to advance my primary account.

One thing that would encourage me, and likely others as well, to spend more time testing is to find a way to make it help the grind on that players live account. 

Perhaps have the XP earned on a given ship transfer to that ship on live? Allow eliete commander XP or maybe free XP to move to the live account?

Perhaps instead a 100% XP / 100% free XP / 100% commander XP camo be awarded on the live account for each match played, as a way to recover that time "lost" on testing?

At any rate, I believe that there would be a lot more interest in playing on the PTS if the rewards were at least as good as the time players invested in testing.

It would be good for the players, and good for WG, at least from my point of view.

[TBW]
Members
6,969 posts
12,910 battles
14 minutes ago, dechion said:

What I mean is that I generally prefer to use my limited game time to advance my primary account.

My nephew always complains that he has no signals to use, but I have hundreds and I play more than he does so I use more, and I don't buy them.

Sign in to follow this