TorgHacker

Complete silence on 100% CPU issue

24 comments in this topic

[CCF]
Beta Testers
24 posts
1,384 battles

I've tried to be patient...I really have.

But there comes a point where I start to get angry. Not really because the issue I and many others are having with constant crashes because the 0.8.0 patch for some reason drives CPU usage to 100% and stops responding, but because, despite the opening of a ticket, absolutely NOTHING is being said by Wargaming about this problem.

I have Premium time draining away ever since the day of the patch.

I've already gotten a strike for "non activity" when the client crashed TWICE when trying to get into a battle. 

Simply put, I CANNOT PLAY THIS GAME.  Not without risking another non-activity strike. 

So more Premium time drains away...

I mean, I understand if there's higher priorities.

I understand if it's a difficult bug to fix.

What I _don't_ understand is the complete lack of an acknowledgement that the problem even exists and that it's being worked on.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,817 posts
10,505 battles

As with the last patch, -- GO INTO A TRAINING ROOM to see if things are going to work right. I had a lockup - First battle every day until a mini-patch came out. So I blew the error away in a training room -- then it worked right the rest of the day. This'll keep you from getting more strikes.

[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
4,473 posts
14,389 battles

Your compu must be more of a potato than mine then! Before this patch I had been playing mainly co op particularly CVs since my compu did not handle random very well. This update basically did away with my CV play in co op which was my big XP and Credit maker so now I am forced into random with DDs, CAs and BBs and having none of the problem you describe.

[CCF]
Beta Testers
24 posts
1,384 battles

I've already tried that. Crashed immediately upon leaving the Training Room.

I haven't been able to do more than one battle all week, assuming I was able to get into the battle in the first place.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
17,413 posts
10,140 battles

Have you done all of the other things that support will tell you to do. Have you run the repair, have you removed all mods, have you reduced the graphics, have you done a clean install, etc? Yeah it is a pain in the rear but you need to isolate what is causing this. Also reboot your modem and router, they can cause issues because they get full of gunk and slow down.

Members
126 posts
1,519 battles

Welcome to what Mac players have faced since November 2017! Enjoy the developer apathy as they push on with whatever new gimmic they want to implement next! 

[CCF]
Beta Testers
24 posts
1,384 battles
2 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

Have you done all of the other things that support will tell you to do. Have you run the repair, have you removed all mods, have you reduced the graphics, have you done a clean install, etc? Yeah it is a pain in the rear but you need to isolate what is causing this. Also reboot your modem and router, they can cause issues because they get full of gunk and slow down.

I did the repair.

I've never run mods.

I did a clean install.

and after reading this I reset my router and modem

and then reduced graphics to Very Low.

And after resetting the game, I couldn't get into the Port at all, and after resetting the computer I still couldn't get into the Port at all.

[CCF]
Beta Testers
24 posts
1,384 battles

Make that three times I've now tried to log into the game, and all three times it's crashed when trying to load the Port.

So it's basically truly and utterly unplayable for me now.

[CCF]
Beta Testers
24 posts
1,384 battles

Tried again, this time starting directly from the .exe file rather than the launcher. 

Still failed at loading the Port. So...I guess it's improved in that the error is consistent now. :-/

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
17,413 posts
10,140 battles
40 minutes ago, TorgHacker said:

I did the repair.

I've never run mods.

I did a clean install.

and after reading this I reset my router and modem

and then reduced graphics to Very Low.

And after resetting the game, I couldn't get into the Port at all, and after resetting the computer I still couldn't get into the Port at all.

They had to be mentioned. What about drivers? Uupdate or if you have the latest roll back to an earlier version.

[77ARC]
Beta Testers
196 posts

Hmmm, my machine runs about 5% CPU and does not crash.  What makes yours so special?

[-VT-]
[-VT-]
Members
463 posts
24,688 battles

Port loading issues?

Welcome to our little community.  😔

[AGP]
Members
5 posts
6,115 battles

I have exactly the same issues guys i have sent ticket 3 days and i havent get any respond and also  when i was try to have a batle i have get penalty strike ,is the wg suport on or they are focus on problems and they ll not respond to us at all?

[ALIES]
Members
23 posts
3,373 battles

Not responding is really bad for public relations. Bad PR adversely effects income. A company smart enough to produce this game business should know that they need a team of PR people responding to the hundreds, maybe thousands of people who are sending tickets about problems to avoid bad public relations resulting in financial loss.  Hell an automated response would be better than silence. Certainly the Bots could do this.......

Edited by Rover_123

Community Department
2,333 posts
597 battles
21 hours ago, TorgHacker said:

Tried again, this time starting directly from the .exe file rather than the launcher. 

Still failed at loading the Port. So...I guess it's improved in that the error is consistent now. :-/

Sorry for long responce. We do have some tickets with similar issues at the moment and investigating the reasons. 
If you have WGCheck done and sent to the support it's the minimum what is required to help the investigation. Thanks for any additional info provided to the support. 

[AGP]
Members
5 posts
6,115 battles
9 hours ago, Avantas said:

I have exactly the same issues guys i have sent ticket 3 days and i havent get any respond and also  when i was try to have a batle i have get penalty strike ,is the wg suport on or they are focus on problems and they ll not respond to us at all?

is anybody from Wg listening?no respond yet ,cnt believe that !

[CCF]
Beta Testers
24 posts
1,384 battles

They've responded to my ticket, and I've supplied the requested logs and files.

But doing so ended up getting me deeper into the "no activity" strike hole. Two attempted battles, two crashes.  I expect that to be removed once this is fixed.

[-VT-]
[-VT-]
Members
463 posts
24,688 battles

hotfix in the morning (Feb 7)

*fingers crossed*

*toes crossed*

*gonads...*   wait, let's not go there.

• Cool 1

[-TD-]
Members
45 posts
14,281 battles

I agree with 

On 2/5/2019 at 5:08 PM, TorgHacker said:

I've tried to be patient...I really have.

But there comes a point where I start to get angry. Not really because the issue I and many others are having with constant crashes because the 0.8.0 patch for some reason drives CPU usage to 100% and stops responding, but because, despite the opening of a ticket, absolutely NOTHING is being said by Wargaming about this problem.

I have Premium time draining away ever since the day of the patch.

I've already gotten a strike for "non activity" when the client crashed TWICE when trying to get into a battle. 

Simply put, I CANNOT PLAY THIS GAME.  Not without risking another non-activity strike. 

So more Premium time drains away...

I mean, I understand if there's higher priorities.

I understand if it's a difficult bug to fix.

What I _don't_ understand is the complete lack of an acknowledgement that the problem even exists and that it's being worked on.

I think i posted something very similar..... so like you i submitted a ticket and got zero response. 

I looked at it this way....was I have fun playing WoWs.....No because it wouldn't run so because of their lack of response I went and played War Thunder instead...was I having fun playing that...Yes complete with nice High Graphics settings and zero crashes.

Not good customer relations when you ignore people, it just makes them go look at a competitors product instead

[CCF]
Beta Testers
24 posts
1,384 battles

Updated to 0.8.0.1 and it may...mayyyyyyyyy have solved the problem?

I want the 16 Co-op game penalty removed and Premium time refunded though.

[HDR]
[HDR]
Members
62 posts
1,940 battles

Im on a Mid 2012 Macbook Pro that i put an SSD and 8gb ram.  Was running fine and could multitask with discord app etc while playing.  Now CPU usage is off the chart.  And constantly crashes and locks up entire system.  Last game i tried it crashed 3 times for one match.  And this new thing started happening to my ship.

Screen Shot 2019-02-07 at 1.16.55 PM.png

Members
3,968 posts
6,687 battles

What is your complete PC specs?  Have you opened Task Manager and looked at the processes running before, during, and after?  Checked out Event Viewer?  This is very likely to be specific to you which makes it harder to diagnose but I would be doing some serious investigation of my PC is it was happening to me....  Mine tops out at about 25-27%CPU use with Firefox opened with 7-8 tabs open.

I find it funny that someone asked if WG was listening just over an hour AFTER WG posted.

Edited by CylonRed

[WOLF4]
[WOLF4]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
605 posts
9,352 battles
1 hour ago, CylonRed said:

What is your complete PC specs?  Have you opened Task Manager and looked at the processes running before, during, and after?  Checked out Event Viewer?  This is very likely to be specific to you which makes it harder to diagnose but I would be doing some serious investigation of my PC is it was happening to me....  Mine tops out at about 25-27%CPU use with Firefox opened with 7-8 tabs open.

I find it funny that someone asked if WG was listening just over an hour AFTER WG posted.

Don't forget that that is the average across all cores.

[SAVAG]
[SAVAG]
Members
314 posts

After update my machine hung up at 90%cpu and was kept from joining an OP sonigot a pink status for six games . Either something is wrong with the game client or update . Also noticed new update reset all my controls that I had setup before . .basically had to task manager force close program and restart my PC several times to get it going again . After all that the game seems to run ok.