You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Anij

CV nerf is a bad idea-Better Solution!

36 comments in this topic

Members
188 posts
4,077 battles

So the whole point of the CV rework was to attract more players. It hasn't accomplished much other than to annoy all players who don't play CVs and now with the upcoming changes and a week into it and WG is already planning a series of nerfs and adjustments which will surely tick many CV players off.

It makes you wonder what was the point of CV rework 

I have a better solution which accomplishes the same thing

1-Get rid of F-key and have CV players fly back to the CV

-Makes CV operations more realistic

2-Get rid of multiple strikes and buff the alpha of torpedoes and bombs

-It makes life a little easier for DDS

-It makes balancing AA easier

-it simplifies CV play hence attracting more players

-it makes helps the players in all other classes focus on killing ships instead of looking for planes

3-Add an extra fighter consumable-

-This helps with all ships including DDs without having to buff AA to insane levels

-It helps with balancing AA overall

• Funny 1
  • Bad 8

[-GS-]
Beta Testers
2,280 posts
19,850 battles

I can live with that

[WOLF7]
Members
212 posts
3,305 battles

I'm definitely with you on #1.  magic F key invulnerability has got to go.

#2 I like this as well - as long as they fix the stealth torp issue and just the overall problem of how broken the hakuryu is along with the above f key issue.  Larger alpha along with get out of jail free/ stealth torps/meaningless AA wont work.

#3 I think the proposed  DOT solution that WG  is working on in the hot fix is the better solution on this one though giving all ships their own fighter ability isnt a bad idea at all

Edit:  was in a game last night in my Conq - early game and each team had only lost 2 ships and the enemy Haku already had received the Confederate award...lol....THIS IS FINE.

Edited by T_O_dubl_D

Beta Testers
305 posts
879 battles

How hard would it be to add fighters back as a squadron type? Instead of a consumable, make them a launchable/controllable element.  Same as other types, they get three 'attack runs' which is basically a variation of the old 'strafe' ability.  Steer to keep the aiming point on the enemy squad, planes get shot down. 

Also give aircraft the ability to change altitude vs changing speed. 

And of course, the 'F' key invulnerability goes away.  When planes finish their runs, they're still vulnerable on the flight back, and if you press 'F' they're still vulnerable even though you're launching something else. And if they haven't landed they count against your plane count, so that you'll still have to either wait for them to land or launch another plane type. 

Another request is:  PLEASE don't make lower tier CV's pay for the sins of the Haku.  The Carrier grind is already a pain and still very dependent on tiering.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
17,413 posts
10,140 battles
1 hour ago, Anij said:

So the whole point of the CV rework was to attract more players. It hasn't accomplished much other than to annoy all players who don't play CVs and now with the upcoming changes and a week into it and WG is already planning a series of nerfs and adjustments which will surely tick many CV players off.

-it makes helps the players in all other classes focus on killing ships instead of looking for planes

-This helps with all ships including DDs without having to buff AA to insane levels

1) The F key is being addressed with additional vulnerability time after pressing it. Flying back doesn't work with only a single squad in the air.

2) The entire reason for multiple strikes is to get rid of the old nuclear strikes.

3) I am neutral on this.

9 minutes ago, BitPlayerCOH said:

How hard would it be to add fighters back as a squadron type? Instead of a consumable, make them a launchable/controllable element.  Same as other types, they get three 'attack runs' which is basically a variation of the old 'strafe' ability.  Steer to keep the aiming point on the enemy squad, planes get shot down. 

And of course, the 'F' key invulnerability goes away.  When planes finish their runs, they're still vulnerable on the flight back, and if you press 'F' they're still vulnerable even though you're launching something else. And if they haven't landed they count against your plane count, so that you'll still have to either wait for them to land or launch another plane type. 

Another request is:  PLEASE don't make lower tier CV's pay for the sins of the Haku.  The Carrier grind is already a pain and still very dependent on tiering.

Because then people would go back to just destroying the enemies planes making the matches 11 vs 11.

[DRACS]
Members
4,043 posts

The problem with combining suggestions 1 and 2 is that it adds *significant* downtime to carrier players. As in more than a lot.

Now that's not to say that F key spam is okay. It's not. Planes should definitely feel any AA they fly into. But adding an element where planes have to manually fly back to the carriers is just adding punishment and will discourage people from playing even more. And the problem with adding single usage strikes on your squadron is that it adds even more downtime in between being useful.

As for the fighter consumable ... I'm not a huge fan. Personally, I'd rather have the option of selecting a friendly ship and assigning that fighter to him so that no matter where he goes, he'll have fighter coverage for a minute. Hell, I'd like to be able to select enemies too while we're at it so that I can call targets. I was not impressed the other day when I kept circling a DD for a full two minutes to keep him spotted and no one on my team was shooting at him despite having a good four or five ships with line of sight. Had to finally type in chat with a few exclamation points before they got the message.

Edited by KaptainKaybe
  • Boring 1

Members
188 posts
4,077 battles
1 hour ago, BitPlayerCOH said:

I agree with you here that adding a fighter squadron here would solve a lot of problems---

Members
188 posts
4,077 battles
5 minutes ago, KaptainKaybe said:

The problem with combining suggestions 1 and 2 is that it adds *significant* downtime to carrier players. As in more than a lot.

Now that's not to say that F key spam is okay. It's not. Planes should definitely feel any AA they fly into. But adding an element where planes have to manually fly back to the carriers is just adding punishment and will discourage people from playing even more. And the problem with adding single usage strikes on your squadron is that it adds even more downtime in between being useful.

As for the fighter consumable ... I'm not a huge fan. Personally, I'd rather have the option of selecting a friendly ship and assigning that fighter to him so that no matter where he does, he'll have fighter coverage for a minute. Hell, I'd like to be able to select enemies too while we're at it so that I can call targets. I was not impressed the other day when I kept circling a DD for a full two minutes to keep him spotted and no one on my team was shooting at him despite having a good four or five ships with line of sight. Had to finally type in chat with a few exclamation points before they got the message.

F Key is fine but then they cant fly to a magical universe of no AA..they should be flying back normally or a player can choose to fly them back

your fighter idea is really good and would help dds and everyone else alot

Edited by Anij
  • Boring 1

[DRACS]
Members
4,043 posts
Just now, Anij said:

F Key is fine but then they cant fly to a magical universe of no AA..they should be flying back normally or a player can choose to fly them back

They do fly back normally, though. Even with the F key, you'll note that your deck won't be refreshed for some time while they fly back. The difference is that Wargaming felt that a player should be able to pull out a different plane type and play rather than wait for all those planes to come back first.

Members
188 posts
4,077 battles
1 hour ago, BrushWolf said:

1) The F key is being addressed with additional vulnerability time after pressing it. Flying back doesn't work with only a single squad in the air.

2) The entire reason for multiple strikes is to get rid of the old nuclear strikes.

3) I am neutral on this.

Because then people would go back to just destroying the enemies planes making the matches 11 vs 11.

not necessarily on your 11 vs 11 statement..your not wrong so why not just  have CV players  assign the fighter to cover a particular ship and go back to flying and then you would still have 12-12

Beta Testers
305 posts
879 battles

This might make it interesting, too:  For ships with Dual-Purpose main batteries, give them a mode switch so that you can manually aim as if you were shooting at a ship.  The downside is that to do this, you'd have to stop shooting at boats to shoot a planes. For DP secondaries, have a selector-  Your secondaries can shoot at ships or planes, but not both at once. If you have them set to shoot at ships, then you have no flak bursts. 

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
17,413 posts
10,140 battles
3 minutes ago, Anij said:

not necessarily on your 11 vs 11 statement..your not wrong so why not just  have CV players  assign the fighter to cover a particular ship and go back to flying and then you would still have 12-12

It would be nice to be able to assign ships or locations for fighter cover instead of dropping it where your planes are at the moment. It would also be nice if that assigned fighter cover would stay until it engages instead of just going away in a minute.

Members
64 posts
3,636 battles

I would remove the rocket planes.  Rocket's hit probability is too high.  When it hits, the damage is too high.  Rocket planes are historically inaccurate anyway.

• Bad 1

[BGA]
Members
13 posts
10,566 battles

The suggestions on this thread would be a much bigger nerf than they have already announced doing.  It would also make playing a CV far more boring with having to fly your planes back to the CV.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Beta Testers
305 posts
879 battles
7 minutes ago, Sinsie said:

The suggestions on this thread would be a much bigger nerf than they have already announced doing.  It would also make playing a CV far more boring with having to fly your planes back to the CV.

Instead of that, why not just remove the immunity from AA/fighters during the return flight  completely. F key still takes the player back to the CV, but that flight isn't replenished until the planes land, so you have to take up another bomber type.

• Bad 1

Members
188 posts
4,077 battles
40 minutes ago, Sinsie said:

yeah maybe the cv population should of thought of that before of spamming the F-key...

Compromise..u need to fly within visual range of your cv before you can launch the next one..would that work?

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Members
188 posts
4,077 battles
43 minutes ago, slider37 said:

I would remove the rocket planes.  Rocket's hit probability is too high.  When it hits, the damage is too high.  Rocket planes are historically inaccurate anyway.

they are historically inaccurate and really shouldn't be in T4 at all and probably not before T8..they need a serious accuracy nerf or a serious nerf in fire chance

[S-N-D]
Members
2,048 posts
6,102 battles
5 minutes ago, Anij said:

yeah maybe the cv population should of thought of that before of spamming the F-key...

Compromise..u need to fly within visual range of your cv before you can launch the next one..would that work?

If I have to sit around doing nothing for minutes at a time the CV will go back to the dustbin as it was. Sorry, there is only so much boredom a player is going to endure to make you feel less a victim. If they are going to go that route then they can just remove CVs from the game and be done with it. 

• Cool 1

[S-N-D]
Members
2,048 posts
6,102 battles
1 hour ago, slider37 said:

Be serious. That leaves CVs forced to dive bomb DDs. IJN has AP dive bombers and they flat out do not work at all on dds which leaves torpedoes with anywhere from 630-1230 meters arming distance and either 2 or 4 in a payload respectively. A lot of these off the cuff changes Sub_Octavian is throwing out to implement are going to fail in application. All CVs are not equal in the way they apply damage and 1 dimensional solutions will not work.

Edited by _Caliph_

Beta Testers
305 posts
879 battles

The 'F' Key problem can be completely done away with just by removing aircraft invulnerability and getting rid of any speed boosts they may have during the return flight, as well as not replenishing that squadron until it's physically landed on the deck.  Basically, once you expend your attack runs or hit 'F', You can't launch that plane type again 'till the planes land. (Or replenish after being shot down)

Edited by BitPlayerCOH

[SFOR]
Members
932 posts
6,592 battles

" Get rid of F-key and have CV players fly back to the CV "

Really? Now cv players will going to fly Fligh simulator 2019 lol. Brilliant idea you have . To spend the double time flying around instead playing the game. can you think a little before you comment?

• Bad 1

[BIER]
Members
30 posts
4,093 battles
3 hours ago, Anij said:

1) Or just make the planes destorable as they fly back on their own. Just like before.

2) My issue is not really the multistikes. It is the perma detected that it provides. I get sunk mainly by other ships that would would normally not have time to shoot me. Not sure how you can seperate the too issues though.

Members
188 posts
4,077 battles
22 minutes ago, _Caliph_ said:

If I have to sit around doing nothing for minutes at a time the CV will go back to the dustbin as it was. Sorry, there is only so much boredom a player is going to endure to make you feel less a victim. If they are going to go that route then they can just remove CVs from the game and be done with it. 

You CANT have your cake and eat it too. If you get bored after a minute maybe play another game. This is fundamentally the problem with CV players they just wanna fly blow stuff up..You know we trash players in surface ships who HELP U WIN BATTLES can spend 5 minutes sailing around before we shoot or even see a ship so I think u can fly to visual range of your cv before you launch your next squadron WHICH WILL TAKE U A WHOLE 90 seconds or less!!!

Members
188 posts
4,077 battles
13 minutes ago, _no_one_ said:

" Get rid of F-key and have CV players fly back to the CV "

Really? Now cv players will going to fly Fligh simulator 2019 lol. Brilliant idea you have . To spend the double time flying around instead playing the game. can you think a little before you comment?

I understand but the F key should have the the planes to fly in OUR UNIVERSE and not teleport to a super high altitude. I made it clear hit the f key and they auto fly to the cv but they might fly through cruiser AA or fly them to an area clear of AA and THEN  hit F KEY

Beta Testers
179 posts
6,065 battles
3 hours ago, Anij said:

Just what the majority of the player base wanted - more CVs in game. The number of threads asking for it was overwhelming.

• Cool 1