Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Enodaed

CV Balance and Emergency Changes

3 comments in this topic

[ES]
Members
2 posts
5,031 battles

So I normally don't bother posting, I'd generally rather be playing. I also think CVS shouldn't be in a game about big gun ships because of how this type of weapon system affects battle, but given that we are stuck with them I'm going to make an observation regarding balance between the 2 tier 10's.

All the changes laid out in the hotfix disproportionately affect the midway when the biggest problem at the moment is the haku.  Increasing aa dps has a larger affect on slower plains which also in this case just get closer to do anything. Largely its just the long range torps from the haku which are so dire you can launch them from further out, and are faster in both plain speed and torp speed and are stealthier,  all these factors combine to a dramatically reduced time inside the aa bubble. As such any changes to aa dps will have a much larger affect of nerfing other attack vectors.

I'm not saying improving as doesn't need to happen, but dive bombers and midway torps are going to feel the need much more and leave the haku torp spam as the dominant attack vector for cvs so the hotfix won't help it will probably just make things worse.

Edited by Enodaed
  • Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[ES]
Members
2 posts
5,031 battles

Nothing I saw in the hotfix targets the haku meaningfully, 

Fixing f spam hurts midway and dive bombers more, shifting aa from flak to continuous dps also disproportionately affects midway and dive bombers.

Ok reduced flooding chance on haku torps, it will decrease the damage output some but won't actually change the impact the haku has on the game.

Sign in to follow this