Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Sparviero

Lesta calls in Giulio for a "balans" meeting.

27 comments in this topic

[UFFA]
[UFFA]
Members
1,134 posts
63 battles

320mm facing tier 8s. 

WDzta7H.png

This awesome armor profile against high performance 8" rifles as well as anything larger that can be decently aimed. Destroyer mains have reminded us stealth isn't a thing now.

Let's not forget the same long range AA as Abruzzi. Yay.

Couldn't you have just taken the flak and addressed

• Fake HE shell?
  • Concealment?
  • Gun reload?
  • pick your argument.

Oh but don't worry guys WG is conveniently replacing your tier V seal clubber with a new one that just goes a little slower and has so far kept it in the German tree so you are more convinced to buy it since it isn't an all new captain. Convenient!

81b7fe54167f65b99587b1cafdea5041.jpg

• Cool 1

[DAKI]
WoWS Wiki Editor
7,865 posts
6,889 battles
26 minutes ago, Sparviero said:

Oh but don't worry guys WG is conveniently replacing your tier V seal clubber with a new one that just goes a little slower and has so far kept it in the German tree so you are more convinced to buy it since it isn't an all new captain. Convenient!

Honestly, Viribus Unitis has no business at T5. She simply lacks the qualities to perform at that Tier. I am hoping that WG will return her back to T4 and then simply tones down her Krupp. But as she looks right now, and assuming her WiP stats don't change too drastically, I wouldn't see one good reason to play her at T5. 

• Cool 1

[UFFA]
[UFFA]
Members
1,134 posts
63 battles
3 minutes ago, SireneRacker said:

Honestly, Viribus Unitis has no business at T5. She simply lacks the qualities to perform at that Tier. I am hoping that WG will return her back to T4 and then simply tones down her Krupp. But as she looks right now, and assuming her WiP stats don't change too drastically, I wouldn't see one good reason to play her at T5. 

That is what I would think however the accountants in Cypress seem to have spoken. 

VU at tier IV more vulnerable due to low HP pool and bad TDS instead of standard HE spam to death seemed good. However The powers that be disagree. 

[AHOY_]
Beta Testers
6,651 posts
3,735 battles

I find some of the reactions odd; considering a large number have contended that GC was too potent at T5, and that she'd largely make a better T6 with the appropriate tier-related armor buffs and gun tweaks.

That being said, I do agree that giving her the SAP/APHE shells instead of the plain HE shells would have made for a more novel change at the minimum.

As far as Viribus goes, her flag is pending still. After all, WG did announce a "Pan EU Nation" last year, and Blys was also to be merged into it, once WG had more P-EU ships to warrant making the change. If they're concerned about captain training issues (the requirement of a new build Captain as it's in its own "Nation"), they can just implement an internal cross-captain code that lets German Captains man the ship, similar to how the HSF ships can handle both the German and Japanese HSF Captains, with HSF Spee also being able to handle regular German Captains too.

Unpopular opinion, as far as Viribus Unitis goes; I feel it would have been better to make her another one-time buy for T4, a spiritual successor to the OP'ness of Nikolai, then forever limited only to X-Mas Crates.

[TOAST]
Members
958 posts
8,227 battles

Well... GC could hold her own in tier 7 games so it probably won't be that bad. Tier 8 matches would be questionable though.

[UFFA]
[UFFA]
Members
1,134 posts
63 battles

I have no idea why WG has dragged their feet on the PanEU switch. Maybe a big Polish con coming up they want to sync Blys with it?

With current meta changes tier VI just isn’t an ideal place for GC with considerations WG has mentioned. My biased opinion. I’m happy to lose the OP tag. However even Thanos would cringe at the price. :cap_wander_2:

[-GDP-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,596 posts
1,105 battles

She is going to be as crap as the PEF at tier 6.

• Cool 1

[AHOY_]
Beta Testers
6,651 posts
3,735 battles
7 minutes ago, alex08060 said:

Though PEF was made crap because she was made into a free reward ship (after doing the grind). Otherwise, PEF would at least have kept the better traverse and accuracy that she lost from the last changes made. The RoF loss made sense; to prevent her from being too strong, but also nerfing the traverse and accuracy basically consigned her to mediocrity.

[UFFA]
[UFFA]
Members
1,134 posts
63 battles

Well hopefully I’m made a fool and the uptier goes smooth. However I find GC an odd choice for this experiment. 

Manchester? Liverpool? Gloucester?

[-GDP-]
2,596 posts
1,105 battles

PEF is a reward ship ???? Then why was it on sale at the premium shop ?????

[UFFA]
[UFFA]
Members
1,134 posts
63 battles
6 minutes ago, alex08060 said:

PEF is a reward ship ???? Then why was it on sale at the premium shop ?????

Same with DoY, Oktoberfest and Spee. Players choice to earn via campaign or purchase. 

[UFFA]
[UFFA]
Members
1,134 posts
63 battles
4 minutes ago, Krupp_Sabot said:

It had to fit the Italian theme of being over tiered.

“Hello Witness Protection? I’d like to request a detail for my friend...goes by the name Roma.”

• Funny 1

[AHOY_]
Beta Testers
6,651 posts
3,735 battles
10 minutes ago, Krupp_Sabot said:

It had to fit the Italian theme of being over tiered.

Overtiered would be GC at T7.

GC at T6 is workable with some soft stats, considering rivals in PEF and Dunkerque.

Abruzzi and D'aosta are both overtiered by 1.

The DD in testing (Leone, IIRC) was generally considered overtiered by 1 or even 2, though WG is currently working on some fantasy stats for her so that they can keep her overtiered rather than knocked down a tier.

And Roma is appropriately tiered, but could use a few better QoL changes; like APHE instead of HE and slightly better secondary range.

WG has been pretty stubborn about tiers until recently, which is odd.

Edited by YamatoA150

Members
937 posts
2,399 battles
51 minutes ago, YamatoA150 said:

Overtiered would be GC at T7.

GC at T6 is workable with some soft stats, considering rivals in PEF and Dunkerque.

Abruzzi and D'aosta are both overtiered by 1.

The DD in testing (Leone, IIRC) was generally considered overtiered by 1 or even 2, though WG is currently working on some fantasy stats for her so that they can keep her overtiered rather than knocked down a tier.

And Roma is appropriately tiered, but could use a few better QoL changes; like APHE instead of HE and slightly better secondary range.

WG has been pretty stubborn about tiers until recently, which is odd.

Its armor is pretty squish though although ill admit I don't fear t6 and t7 as much as I should in it.

[UFFA]
[UFFA]
Members
1,134 posts
63 battles

It will be ironic if it lifted to tier VI with the cloaking device intact. 

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,921 posts
12,191 battles
9 hours ago, SireneRacker said:

This.  They need to put ships in the tiers they belong in, and balance accordingly.

[UFFA]
[UFFA]
Members
1,134 posts
63 battles

I really hope WG changes their mind about VU and gives Exeter a good hard look before release. 

[BLKRS]
[BLKRS]
Alpha Tester
701 posts
2,349 battles
16 hours ago, YamatoA150 said:

I find some of the reactions odd; considering a large number have contended that GC was too potent at T5, and that she'd largely make a better T6 with the appropriate tier-related armor buffs and gun tweaks.

Because most people only come onto the forums to complain. Most people happy with this change are playing the game and ignoring the forums.

That's how forums work in most cases.. a cess pit for anger, rage, and hate threads about current situations and changes. You rarely see a "omg I love this <insert anything here>" threads, and when you do they are few.

[-GDP-]
2,596 posts
1,105 battles

Well they though the same way with the wot forum until everyone began leaving in droves and now wot is no longer their main revenue stream. 

[POP]
Members
886 posts
13,872 battles
17 hours ago, alex08060 said:

PEF is far from crap, though I will say her AA is not what it was before the rework.

[-GDP-]
2,596 posts
1,105 battles
4 hours ago, Alabamastan said:

PEF is far from crap, though I will say her AA is not what it was before the rework.

It's crap, deal with it. Only dim witted fools actually think she is OK when even good players are saying she under performs. 

[POP]
Members
886 posts
13,872 battles
15 minutes ago, alex08060 said:

It's crap, deal with it. Only dim witted fools actually think she is OK when even good players are saying she under performs. 

Capture2.thumb.JPG.4db9a6c9f0900a42b0328e9ee2b14ab7.JPG

https://na.wows-numbers.com/ship/3764336432,Prinz-Eitel-Friedrich/

Putting aside my own experiences in playing it, coming in 4th out of 11 at its tier in the NA standings is not under performing. 

[-GDP-]
2,596 posts
1,105 battles
2 minutes ago, Alabamastan said:

Capture2.thumb.JPG.4db9a6c9f0900a42b0328e9ee2b14ab7.JPG

https://na.wows-numbers.com/ship/3764336432,Prinz-Eitel-Friedrich/

Putting aside my own experiences in playing it, coming in 4th out of 11 at its tier in the NA standings is not under performing. 

It’s not because of the event good players are force to play it which is why it’s stats is inflated. 

Sign in to follow this