You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
admiral_noone

Why do you still play this game?

92 comments in this topic

Members
309 posts
1,936 battles

Thought it would be a good time to ask. Is there anything that keeps you in this game? The gameplay? The ships? The community?

PS "Thought it would be a good time NOW to ask"

[RTXN]
Beta Testers
883 posts

Definitely not the community - at least not in these forums.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

Members
2,254 posts

Just because there really isn't anything out that can take my attention for long. I like the slower pace of PVP and the skill. I don't like twitch games and it's also nice because you don't have to deal with hackers.

• Cool 2

Beta Testers
292 posts
3,628 battles

I think it's safe to say that for most players it's likely the real answer is the Sunk Cost fallacy.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Members
869 posts
16,928 battles

I like surface ship battles. It has a better-feeling interface than Steel Ocean. CV's have always been a problem, and are more so, now. History shows that CV's were never balanced, but they spelled the end of real surface-v-surface battles. But history didn't really inform WG, so here we are.

[T-RIP]
Members
1,466 posts
8,988 battles

Because despite all of WG shortcomings, and "balance adjustments" it's still an entertaining game to play.

• Cool 4

[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
4,473 posts
14,393 battles

I waited for decades for such a game from the time I had my Atari 800 followed by my first PC!

[-IA-]
Beta Testers
85 posts
3,249 battles

Regardless of the current changes I play WOWS when the fancy strikes. I play many other games as well, depends on my mood.

However, I did play a little more upon release of the CV rework so I could check out the changes.

Chasing after new ships, new currencies, reward crates does not drive my participation anymore, especially after burning out on the Duke of York event.

[SYJ]
[SYJ]
Members
1,598 posts
2,617 battles
9 minutes ago, admiral_noone said:

Thought it would be a good time to ask. Is there anything that keeps you in this game? The gameplay? The ships? The community?

People whining about CV rework. 

I keep playing ranked for bourgogne

[STAR]
Members
2,954 posts
8,064 battles

Because of ships? I first joined this gmae because of the ships. I always loved WW1/WW2 era ships and there were few games about/with them. Being able to play with and against those ships is amazing IMO. And up until this patch, the gameplay and game balance were overall pretty good. 

• Cool 2

[HINON]
Supertester
20,088 posts
13,529 battles

Because I'm still enjoying it.

• Cool 4
  • Angry 1

Members
4,709 posts
7,081 battles

I have liked to blow stuff up since I was a kid and we could get M-80's and Cherry Bombs. :Smile_izmena:  Mental health issue. I also love history and the history of warfare.

Edited by dmckay
  • Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
7,963 posts
5,457 battles

This is the game I've been waiting for ever since I was nine years old. It calls to my lifelong interest in warships of all kinds, though I wish there was a version that went back in history another twenty or thirty years, to when battleships stopped needing sails. Occasionally it's a bit more arcade-y than my ideal, but I don't think there's anything FTP out there which actually OFFERS my ideal (the full experience of a dreadnought's fire control system) and what WOWS offers is more than good enough. It stretches the bounds of historical realism a little, but not to the breaking point (for me at least). I think deep down, we all want to see our favourite what-ifs.

The ship lines are extensive and varied enough that if I wanted to, I could have stayed free-to-play forever. I decided after careful thought to start paying for the things I thought were good value, but most of my effort still goes into tech-tree ships.

A fair number of the people in these forums and in game are really, REALLY nice. I've been gifted things by people I've never met, and whose real names I don't even know. For all I know they are green-skinned tentacle-monsters... but just look at my user name; I can't talk. Some of them even react well to differences of opinion. :Smile_trollface: As to the rest... well, there is always the ignore function.

I do NOT want it to go away.

• Boring 2

[WORX]
Members
2,553 posts
13,881 battles

The ship class discrimination... Yup that keeps me in the game... I am an all around ship class player, but when I act like a high tier BB main and complain about any ship with torps, and they get get the WOWS nerf bat. I feel good about that, I don;t have to face torps (making my BB life easier, I hate using counter torp tools like vigilance/WASD hack ) while abusing

• my armor
  • my Double caliber guns
  • my 2 to 1 and 3 to 1 ship HP adv on other ships
  • my Alpha strike capabilities *Getting cits (minimum 2 per salvo) with any high tier BB without fear of main cruiser battery retaliation.

The BB life is good right now (and as a whole since 2017) or I can switch to cruiser to flame the BBs. Either way... That is what keeps me in the game.

Edited by Navalpride33

[FYL]
Members
388 posts
1,847 battles

I loved the balanced, cerebral aspects and the stealth mechanics (for all ships) was my favorite aspect of the gameplay.

Right now, I only play a couple games a day in hopes they make it fun again.

• Cool 1

[WOLF2]
Members
2,359 posts
14,161 battles

Self-interest and revenge? 

Yeah I'll go with that - Revenge :)

I was actually calculating my FXP cost to get into Hakuryu the other night until the famous "fix" was announced 

Edited by Commander_367
  • Funny 1

[INR]
Members
655 posts
3,737 battles
17 minutes ago, admiral_noone said:

Aoba. And soon Exeter. My two favorite ship classes ever.

Beta Testers
1,584 posts
3,806 battles

The forum community keeps me in the game and all of the premium ships I have do as well. Hopefully I can learn how to make money live-streaming so I can make some of that money back.

[TF-62]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,415 posts
4,038 battles

Wargaming has quite the monopoly on the Naval combat multiplayer environment in the 20th century. I just hope the game stays alive and is going to be constantly tweaked and balanced as time goes on to continue giving us an exciting, dynamic experience.