You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
S842

Jingles explains the patch problems and the coming "Hot Fix"

57 comments in this topic

Members
201 posts
16,908 battles

Today's video from The Mighty Jingles" explains the CV and AA problems that last week's patch has brought us, and that a "Hot Fix" is on the way that, hopefully, will end the madness.

Not being a CV player, I only knew that there was a big problem, but not exactly HOW and WHY.  Jingles explains this. 

Such as:

Constant waves of planes, the disappearing planes, the stealth torps, your poor AA etc.

This is a must view and big thanks to Jingles for this video.

• Cool 8
  • Boring 2

[H_]
Members
1,209 posts

Ah, isn't there a song that says:

"It's just too little, too late
A little too long
And I can't wait
But you know all the right things to say..."

I'm kinda of glad that I can't even load 8.0 yet !  The update ate my computer and it's in the IT shop getting "cleaned of residual registry issues" the uninstaller doesn't remove (later today).......  I've been listening in on DC and I've never heard such angst and anger over a game change.   They were talking in tongues they were so upset.   Whew !  So glad I can't play for a couple more days cause I thought the phase 1, the radar meta gimmick, was bad !!! 
Whoa baby, "you've really did it this time Olly !!"

Well done !  If it was your intent to drive players away;......... well now, you should patent that business paradigm and sell it to others cause you'd make a bazillion rubles on that business technology.....! 
  • Cool 2
  • Boring 2

[UDEAD]
Supertester, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
1,376 posts
3,861 battles

The update ate yer computer? I;d like to hear some of your excuses when you didnt have your homework on time!

You made me chuckle. Plus 1 to you sir.

[-GDP-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,549 posts
1,049 battles

AA is going to be buff next patch while the CVs are getting a nerf. 

[-TIC-]
Members
383 posts
2,379 battles

Hopefully this video where everything is very simply explained will open the eyes of some of the nay-sayers in the forum.

[LOSC]
Members
121 posts
4,677 battles

Wow that is crazy.

Had a Cv say his planes were unlimited and now I see how.

So why have there been mass amounts of complaining on the forums about the patch with CV's this looks like they are

playing in godmode I guess they haven't learned the F button trick.

[BEARS]
[BEARS]
Beta Testers
206 posts
5,749 battles

Thank you for the informative video.   I knew there were flaws, but had not idea it was this bad.

[WOLF2]
Members
2,351 posts
14,133 battles
41 minutes ago, Asym_KS said:

Ah, isn't there a song that says:

"It's just too little, too late
A little too long
And I can't wait
But you know all the right things to say..."

I'm kinda of glad that I can't even load 8.0 yet !  The update ate my computer and it's in the IT shop getting "cleaned of residual registry issues" the uninstaller doesn't remove (later today).......  I've been listening in on DC and I've never heard such angst and anger over a game change.   They were talking in tongues they were so upset.   Whew !  So glad I can't play for a couple more days cause I thought the phase 1, the radar meta gimmick, was bad !!! 
Whoa baby, "you've really did it this time Olly !!"

Well done !  If it was your intent to drive players away;......... well now, you should patent that business paradigm and sell it to others cause you'd make a bazillion rubles on that business technology.....! 

You didn't miss anything … 

Personally, I just don't care anymore … 

WG's the enemy and they have been for a long time now 

Having proof is kinda "meh"

• Funny 2

[YORHA]
Members
3,790 posts
6,568 battles
21 minutes ago, Commander_367 said:

You didn't miss anything … 

Personally, I just don't care anymore … 

WG's the enemy and they have been for a long time now 

Having proof is kinda "meh"

hyperbolenoun [ U ]
 US  /hɑɪˈpɜr·bə·li/

a way of speaking or writing that makes someone or something sound much bigger, better,smaller, worse, more unusual, etc., than they are:

Edited by JCC45
  • Cool 1
  • Bad 2

[WOLF2]
Members
2,351 posts
14,133 battles
12 minutes ago, JCC45 said:
hyperbolenoun [ U ]
 US  /hɑɪˈpɜr·bə·li/

a way of speaking or writing that makes someone or something sound much bigger, better,smaller, worse, more unusual, etc., than they are:

R E A L I T Y … look It up 

I treat WG the same way I treat commercial and investment banks - necessary EVIL … and that's no lie :)

Edited by Commander_367

[H_]
Members
1,209 posts
1 hour ago, JollyRoger6969 said:

The update ate yer computer? I;d like to hear some of your excuses when you didnt have your homework on time!

You made me chuckle. Plus 1 to you sir.

I am typing on "the affected computer".......freezing rain prevents me from turning it over to the IT God's for a good once over and registry cleaning (windows re-install as well...)  I have, it seems, conflicting registry entries from the original installation and subsequent installations/updates that are "causing issues" like stalling the processor, causing my security software to scream that they are being "repressed" and not allowing the computer to shut down....  So, I cleaned the registry and it's working but..............I can't re-install the game cause those new registry entries conflict and the update just stalls........  So, I need IT God like intervention to start over.... 

I like this game as it was before the Cruiser Line split.  Great pace, a little hysterical.......err, historical and it was fun in groups.....  Now, history is repeating itself and for all the reasons so many left WoTs early on; alas, they are here now.....

Sometimes I feel like this game is stuck in Act II, Scene 2 of Hamlet......   My goal if life is to be the "quintessence of dust..." 

[YORHA]
Members
3,790 posts
6,568 battles
9 minutes ago, Commander_367 said:

R E A L I T Y … look It up 

I treat WG the same way I treat commercial and investment banks - necessary EVIL … and that's no lie :)

Playing  a video game by an evil company that you consider the enemy is a necessity?

Do you even listen to yourself?  

[H_]
Members
1,209 posts
18 minutes ago, JCC45 said:
hyperbolenoun [ U ]
 US  /hɑɪˈpɜr·bə·li/

Actually, this sounds much bigger because it is much bigger a problem than even you imagine........!  It's just a matter of perspective.  We are "customers" and as such, we "expect" a reasonable product, at a reasonable price and accept reasonable problems related to their product.   What we are seeing isn't remotely "reasonable"....  So, as a customer, many are rejecting the product and some may expect a refund since they've spent monies in the game........a refund isn't always money either......a competent hot fix and an apology would go a very long with many reasonable customers.....

• Cool 1

[YORHA]
Members
3,790 posts
6,568 battles
Just now, Asym_KS said:

Actually, this sounds much bigger because it is much bigger a problem than even you imagine........!  It's just a matter of perspective.  We are "customers" and as such, we "expect" a reasonable product, at a reasonable price and accept reasonable problems related to their product.   What we are seeing isn't remotely "reasonable"....  So, as a customer, many are rejecting the product and some may expect a refund since they've spent monies in the game........a refund isn't always money either......a competent hot fix and an apology would go a very long with many reasonable customers.....

So you agree that WG is the enemy and is an evil company but you continue to play the game?

I am thankful I don't have your imagination.  

[WOLF2]
Members
2,351 posts
14,133 battles
11 minutes ago, JCC45 said:

Playing  a video game by an evil company that you consider the enemy is a necessity?

Do you even listen to yourself?  

You wouldn't like me … I'm old and jaded :)

Call me crazy, but I think everybody wants/needs something … 

I know salespeople, real-estate agents, banks are not my friends and want to steal my wallet … 

My only concern is do I let the Bastids have it and what do I get in return :)

Edited by Commander_367

[YORHA]
Members
3,790 posts
6,568 battles
3 minutes ago, Commander_367 said:

You wouldn't like me … I'm old and jaded :)

Call me crazy, but I think everybody wants/needs something … 

I know salespeople, real-estate agents, banks are not my friends and want to steal my wallet … 

My only concern is do I let the Bastids have it and what do I get in return :)

Having spent my entire life in sales of one type or another there is really nothing I can say, or want to say, to that.

[WOLF2]
Members
2,351 posts
14,133 battles
1 minute ago, JCC45 said:

Having spent my entire life in sales of one type or another there is really nothing I can say, or want to say, to that.

Good, you're on the path to growing up o7

Sounds kind of late though :(

Edited by Commander_367

[YORHA]
Members
3,790 posts
6,568 battles
Just now, Commander_367 said:

Good, you're on the path to growing up o7

Being a couple of years from retirement it may be too late.  But I think you misunderstood what I meant...

Members
631 posts
11 battles

At one point in the second game, IChase's torps landed and he was already back on top of his targets with a new set of planes.

[WOLF2]
Members
2,351 posts
14,133 battles
7 minutes ago, JCC45 said:

Being a couple of years from retirement it may be too late.  But I think you misunderstood what I meant...

I understood perfectly, 

You wouldn't be telling me anything I haven't heard and I wouldn't be offended … 

It's never personal, it's almost always business 

Members
668 posts
8,709 battles

Wargaming community be like "but those guys are the 1% unicum CV players. These are isolated games not the average. CVs are fine AA is OP" 

• Bad 1