Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ericson38

Henri IV detection range higher than Iowa (13 vs 12.3 km)

11 comments in this topic

[KRAK]
Members
940 posts
11,463 battles

I have both ships and run Concealment module and CE skill on both. The base ship detection range for Iowa is 12.3; for Henri is 13 km.

[SYJ]
[SYJ]
Members
1,646 posts
2,637 battles

Well last time I checked Iowa cant spam torps, engine boost, MB reload, and have one of the highest fire chances of tier 10 cruisers

[KRAK]
Members
940 posts
11,463 battles

I was reading through some older posts and it used to be 12.7 km in the config I'm in now, so I think it got nerfed in detection, but don't recall the announcement.

But yes, it has features.

Edited by Ericson38

[TOAST]
Members
958 posts
8,227 battles

The thing about that is the Henri is going to be setting fires and kiting beyond 13km. It'll be shooting at 16....17k+ anyways so it's a moot point.

Then you stop shooting and speed boost into a new position and reload booster a bunch of AP into some guy to farm citadels. Again...becomes a moot point.

Edited by Vekta408

[KRAK]
Members
940 posts
11,463 battles

So either nerf it offensively or leave the detection larger than Iowa. Just making sure I was reading the detection right, just got the ship.

[TOAST]
Members
958 posts
8,227 battles
On 2/5/2019 at 7:04 AM, Ericson38 said:

So either nerf it offensively or leave the detection larger than Iowa. Just making sure I was reading the detection right, just got the ship.

Umm... I don't understand the problem here. There is no need to do anything to the ship at all either way.

[SPTR]
Members
26,352 posts
11,647 battles

op what's your playstyle with the Henri?

[KRAK]
Members
940 posts
11,463 battles
On ‎2‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 5:48 PM, Rolkatsuki said:

op what's your playstyle with the Henri?

Only two games so far, so no real playstyle yet. A 100K damage game and a 28K one (very expensive that one). I did note that the detection range for Iowa increased to 12.7 km right after I posted this, interesting. Right now I only play it when in premium time. I did take advantage of the module dismounts during captain respecs and sent everything module wise over to it from the St Louis, which is a ship I did not like at all.

For the captain respec, I took BFT and AFT and CE, and dropped the IFHE (off the St Louis). The AP on the Henri is good enough to be your go to shell in most battles I find (2 games).

[SPTR]
Members
26,352 posts
11,647 battles
4 minutes ago, Ericson38 said:

Only two games so far, so no real playstyle yet. A 100K damage game and a 28K one (very expensive that one). I did note that the detection range for Iowa increased to 12.7 km right after I posted this, interesting. Right now I only play it when in premium time. I did take advantage of the module dismounts during captain respecs and sent everything module wise over to it from the St Louis, which is a ship I did not like at all.

For the captain respec, I took BFT and AFT and CE, and dropped the IFHE (off the St Louis). The AP on the Henri is good enough to be your go to shell in most battles I find (2 games).

I see this is my Henri's setup I play her like a speed tanking kiter to long range harasser I use my speed to dictate the range of engagement like pushing in quick help help friendly DDs contest caps with your reload booster then pull back safely and annoy enemy BBs that they won't push into your HE fiery spam. its speed advantage some how lets me control the areas of maps that no one usually thinks of.

[TOAST]
Members
958 posts
8,227 battles
4 hours ago, Ericson38 said:

But... IFHE allows you to pen 50mm deck armor. 100K+ games are a cake walk when you can pretty much pen whatever you want with HE and light it on fire. Good AP is a bonus.

Sign in to follow this