You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ensign_Cthulhu

Sailing a defenceless DD with garbage AA...

11 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Members
14,080 posts
9,057 battles

...I found that my main problem last night was not the enemy aircraft as such but my entire team evaporating. I had some wins and some losses, but the losses were horrific ROFLstomps that wiped us off the board. I looked up during a brief lull to see where the support from my cruisers and battleships was, and noticed that most of them were dead.

I refuse to panic.

On the contrary, I'm seeing a lot of overcautious play in Co-op, to the point where the humans are losing mid-tier battles through excess passivity. I have a feeling this is due to Randoms mains coming into co-op to avoid carriers and bringing what would ordinarily be good high-tier Random habits into a meta where that sort of thing just isn't appropriate. I don't need my battleships and cruisers to be camping behind islands; they need to come out and fight, and use the bots' reckless abandon against them.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu
  • Cool 1

[WOLFX]
Members
221 posts
10,134 battles

This seems appropriate, despite Grozovoi being a decent AA DD.

u0wgroe3a1e21.thumb.jpg.3b0b3551be74395739a33fe6f0aad770.jpg

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,694 posts
1,251 battles

Everyone is getting fed up with the CVs and Co-op has no Bot CVs for them to worry about. 

[TCNNA]
Members
1,086 posts
17,740 battles

Fully agree about co-op. I only play this kind of game. Now pvp come to pve and play all game behind island doing nothing. Lol.

[_-_]
Members
2,416 posts
6,977 battles
13 minutes ago, alex08060 said:

Everyone is getting fed up with the CVs and Co-op has no Bot CVs for them to worry about. 

No problem there, but like Cthulhu says, regular PvP players often forget the PvE meta is totally different, so PvP tactics don't work.

A T8 Co-op match with a couple of noob CV's and a bunch of edge surfers and spawn campers is not a pretty sight.

[ARGSY]
Members
14,080 posts
9,057 battles
5 minutes ago, So_lt_Goes said:

A T8 Co-op match with a couple of noob CV's and a bunch of edge surfers and spawn campers is not a pretty sight.

It's never fun to exit the battle after dying and you see that all three caps are red, but if it's in the 19th minute of a hard-fought T8+ Random and most ships on both sides are gone, it's at least bearable.

Seeing it happen in a co-op battle before the ten minute mark when most of your team is still alive makes me despair for some sections of humanity.

2,694 posts
1,251 battles

I don’t mind PvPers in Co-Op, problem is they are so noobish that they sink pretty fast. I even seen a lot more AFK than it would been possible.  

[S0L0]
Beta Testers
1,617 posts
3,893 battles
30 minutes ago, alex08060 said:

That and ranked.

2,694 posts
1,251 battles

Well they can lose a lot at rank. 

[ARGSY]
Members
14,080 posts
9,057 battles
3 minutes ago, Gasboy said:

That and ranked.

I was in a battle over the weekend that was all Tier 8 and 10. Someone commented on that, but Ranked is the reason why.

8 minutes ago, alex08060 said:

I don’t mind PvPers in Co-Op, problem is they are so noobish that they sink pretty fast.

I play a fair bit of both, so I'm reasonably acclimatised. I'm starting to like co-op a bit more, but there's no doubt that Randoms is the place to grind fast.

[H_]
Members
2,704 posts
12,373 battles

This "effect" has been going on since the cruiser line split.......!!!  Random players hated Radar and came to COOP and, there were some losses because those CPT"s were so busy hiding behind Island's that the bot's ate those of us that actually played COOP.  Now, since the latest meta changes, it will get much, much worse.

It's a shame I can't even load 8.0 yet; so, I listen in with my clan mates and watch videos of their adventures......I'm kinda glad I can't get 8.0 working !!