You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Mothermoy

what modules for the seattle?

9 comments in this topic

[DNTZ]
Members
344 posts
15,742 battles

Module Research

Availability of researchable upgrades for Seattle are as follows:

• Hull: Upgrade to Hull (B) for more health, better anti-air, and faster rudder shift. 
  • Gun Fire Control System: Upgrade to Mk9 mod. 2 for an extra 10% range on the main battery.

Upgrades

The recommended upgrades for Seattle are as follows:

Note:  Slot 3 may have changed due to 0.8.0.

Edited by BruDog1970

[OBS]
Members
245 posts
832 battles
54 minutes ago, BruDog1970 said:

Module Research

Availability of researchable upgrades for Seattle are as follows:

• Hull: Upgrade to Hull (B) for more health, better anti-air, and faster rudder shift. 
  • Gun Fire Control System: Upgrade to Mk9 mod. 2 for an extra 10% range on the main battery.

Upgrades

The recommended upgrades for Seattle are as follows:

Note:  Slot 3 may have changed due to 0.8.0.

hrmm thanks for the reply. just outa curiosity why not the range booster instead of reload. 

Members
191 posts
4,431 battles
23 minutes ago, Mothermoy said:

hrmm thanks for the reply. just outa curiosity why not the range booster instead of reload. 

Some people use it, but your shells sound like Buzz Lightyear when they go 15km, much less further... “Boom: To infinity, and beyond!” AA is optimal for her.

[A-I-M]
Members
2,141 posts
11,231 battles
3 hours ago, Mothermoy said:

just curious whats recommended

"Seattle C Hull"

242,000 XP to unlock 19,900,000 credits to install

You gotta go through the B hull first, though: 36,500 XP, 2,820,000 credits

The C hull upgrade goes by the more popular name of "Worcester."

Joking aside, I've found the Seattle to be a tougher customer to go up against in ranked battles than I had anticipated. They're squishy like any cruiser, squishier than most, but just barely tough enough to wriggle away from repeated battleship fire (albeit at low health), unless you have someone helping to  focus - unlike Neptune, where three of your own turrets is all the focus you need.

[EQRN]
Members
1,459 posts
12,843 battles
2 hours ago, Mothermoy said:

I run the range mod, a couple of times it really paid off against camping BBs when turning the flank.  Not a fan of turret stock turret traverse, and the reload mod makes it worse.  A couple of times in the Buffalo I would have targets literally just a few hundred meters beyond max shooting range when running the reload mod.  Faster guns don’t matter if you can’t reach your target.  So as soon as I got Seattle, range mod it was.

[BANT]
Members
6 posts
2,124 battles

I'd swap the steering gear mod for Radar Duration and the range mod for reload mod.

[WHS]
[WHS]
Members
301 posts
9,729 battles

Personally, I go with range extension + stock range module, it gives you about 16.6 or something like that range which feels a bit more comfortable and flexible than the upgraded FCS (which gives you sub 16km iirc). You could go either way I guess. I wouldn't go double range because the shells are going to be pretty bad @ 18km and I don't really want to be spotted by anything at that range when I'm firing if I'm not going to use it.

[DNTZ]
Members
344 posts
15,742 battles
3 hours ago, agrims said:

Some people use it, but your shells sound like Buzz Lightyear when they go 15km, much less further... “Boom: To infinity, and beyond!” AA is optimal for her.

For the Seattle getting super fast reload is better than having the shells that hit the moon before they land.