Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Capt_Ahab1776

Ever have a stubborn streak?

16 comments in this topic

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
2,882 posts
11,159 battles

Last night / early this morning was the worst losing streak yet in Ranked. Went from 9 to 12 with no stars. I hate it when that happens but it's like no matter what was tried aggressive, defensive, both, neither, nothing mattered. Even was in a game where several top tier clan members was involved it just slowly melted and fell apart. I was like "GEEZ"  Then the stubborn side kicked in. Just how deep does this rabbit hole go? So off I went, till was pushed against 12 with no stars irrevocable. Right where I started. Anybody else get a bad case of "keep banging your head against the wall see what happens" 

And before its mentioned. Yes I was trying, no I wasn't throwing. Like I said, one game even had several people from top 10 clan's not going to mention who, but I recognized them and it still fell apart. Normally I have the circuit breaker of 3 losses and out. Just was stubborn, and this time it did not pay off.

last night in ranked, roughhh  night.jpg

• Cool 2

[-TIC-]
Members
393 posts
2,379 battles

I think most players are familiar with this. It's like the game says "nope, you have reached your win quota for today". From here on out, it's all losses for you. It's actually quite amazing how it just keeps going considering the statistical improbability growing exponentially for each loss in a row. Some might say, "uh, well, but the only common denominator here is you. you just got to carry harder and not play tilted". But seriously... Even if you were afk during all those lost matches, the chances of all of them being losses approaches astronomical as they go on. It's like there's a switch being flipped somewhere.

ekw1u74.png

Note: not my screencap

• Cool 1

[INTEL]
Members
7,274 posts
31,369 battles

Yikes. Yesterday I lost four in a row in Ranked so I stopped. Will resume today.

[INR]
Members
1,224 posts
4,060 battles
3 hours ago, Capt_Ahab1776 said:

Last night / early this morning was the worst losing streak yet in Ranked. Went from 9 to 12 with no stars. I hate it when that happens but it's like no matter what was tried aggressive, defensive, both, neither, nothing mattered. Even was in a game where several top tier clan members was involved it just slowly melted and fell apart. I was like "GEEZ"  Then the stubborn side kicked in. Just how deep does this rabbit hole go? So off I went, till was pushed against 12 with no stars irrevocable. Right where I started. Anybody else get a bad case of "keep banging your head against the wall see what happens" 

And before its mentioned. Yes I was trying, no I wasn't throwing. Like I said, one game even had several people from top 10 clan's not going to mention who, but I recognized them and it still fell apart. Normally I have the circuit breaker of 3 losses and out. Just was stubborn, and this time it did not pay off.

Yep, eventually, I just turned off WoWs and went to play Shin Megami Tensei IMAGINE...

[USCG]
Members
429 posts
15,793 battles

When I drop three in a row (random or ranked) I log off and take a break.  No need to add insult to injury...

[-TIC-]
Members
393 posts
2,379 battles

I think some players don't have the luxury of being able to just postpone their WoWs session. A lot of people set off time specifically to play. They might have some limited free time where they're not busy with other things, so when they hit a loss streak they just keep going.

Edited by Tentakkel
  • Cool 1

[DAKI]
Privateers, Members
8,828 posts
7,770 battles

When I loose more than three games in a row, I take a break. Stand up, drink a glass. When that doesn‘t help I still got a stash of Point n Click Adventures laying around.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,694 posts
1,251 battles

Yup in WOT I usually quit after 3 losses in a row. 

[WOLF2]
Members
3,966 posts
16,043 battles
1 hour ago, Fletcher7_1944 said:

Um... I AM a stubborn streak- but that's beside the point.

Lol, me2

… and I refuse to change :)

Edited by Commander_367

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
2,882 posts
11,159 battles

Time of reflection and resolve.

I should not have pressed the issue. Have cooled off since last night. I don't recommend doing what I did to anybody. Just got really frustrated and looking at the screen with glaring eyes of fury and disbelief.

Probably won't be able to recover from that foolish move. Was really going to push for the #1 rank mark. Probably not enough time left to do so. Anyways, good luck to everyone else playing ranked.

[WOLF6]
Members
1,361 posts
4,250 battles
14 hours ago, Capt_Ahab1776 said:

last night in ranked, roughhh  night.jpg

You simply carried harder in your final Fletcher game! :Smile_veryhappy:

• Funny 1

[NOBS]
Members
1,119 posts
8,277 battles

Finding ranked really difficult in arms race, 2 or 3 games win or lose is all I can take

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
2,882 posts
11,159 battles
21 minutes ago, Sumseaman said:

You simply carried harder in your final Fletcher game! :Smile_veryhappy:

Man, after four losses in a row (normally I'm 3 L's and I'm done for the day). I was really irritated and determined to win one before going to bed. The hits just kept rolling in. Eventually I was back at spawn. So in one night undoing several days work.

But to your point I suppose so lol. :Smile_teethhappy:

Sign in to follow this