Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
AkiyamaSaneyuki_2017

Furutake unable to cit hit Graf Spee?

11 comments in this topic

[HINON]
Modder, Privateers
6,796 posts
4,616 battles

Huh? :Smile_amazed:

I'm fairly certain 8 inch guns are more than capable of citadeling a Graf Spee.

[NGA]
Members
1,874 posts
9,804 battles
12 minutes ago, AkiyamaSaneyuki_2017 said:

Almost point blank. Mid Ship. OP again. Unbelievable. 

This game so broken sometimes.

Unable to cit Graf Spee, not De Grasse, Not Konigsberg

Are you sure you're hitting the citadel? It's fairly low by cruiser standards.

[DAKI]
Privateers, Members
8,831 posts
7,770 battles

Almost as if Graf Spee is known to be a resilient T6 Cruiser... 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[WOLFB]
Members
2,950 posts
12,448 battles

Graf Spee has fairly poor armor so if you aim too high you'll get overpen. And Spee citadel is fairly easy to hit when broadside so you shouldn't have any issue with Furutaka.

Also Furutaka received accuracy buff.

De Grasse and La Gal are have space armor so hitting citadel might be tricky as a cruiser but Furutaka eat Konigsberg alive.

Edited by AlcatrazNC

[HINON]
Supertester
21,729 posts
15,451 battles

Graf spee's citadel is at the waterline. You're overshooting it.

irT0ahf.jpg

De Grasse and Koenigsberg's citadels sit above the waterline:

hWUcn6I.jpg

ZtTNorF.jpg

"This game is so broken sometimes" - The problem isn't the game, it's OPs expectations.

• Cool 1

[RKLES]
Members
10,272 posts
11,972 battles

Something I would also like to add is the fact many of us that love using Graf Spee frequently know that they need to angle to minimize the danger of getting citadel hits. Another things as well is if you have a cruiser like Furutaka that is attempting to pound away at out Graf Spee, odds are good that 11’ AP shells will be fired back at the Furutaka. Which only increases the difficulty inngetting cutadel hits onnthe Graf Spee since Furutaka will usually be sunk if that fight lasts long at all if not immediately. But that is Graf Spee’s role in WOWs is as a CA hunter / killer. True it can give a fair account of itself to DDs and BBs, but it’s real element is often hunting CAs.

Also @Lert very nice screen shots for the OP, informative and on the ball as always. :Smile_honoring:

Members
59 posts
5,053 battles

Yeah going with Lert on this, aim must have been off. Pretty certain I have managed it with 6" shells, I know 8" shells at those ranges will do the job. Though very risky given what well aimed 11" shells can do back to you.

[CHASE]
Members
4,572 posts
12,349 battles

Well if you look at the Graf Spee compaired to a similar ship in reality the Graf Spee wrecked the HMS Exeter and even though the Exeter did damage to the Graf Spee it is in my opinion that the Spee would have sunk the Exeter and the two other cruisers Ajax and Achellies in the real battle. The Spee was designed to stand up to 8 inch rounds so in reality she would have been a great cruiser killer.

[EGO]
Members
3,689 posts
2 hours ago, AkiyamaSaneyuki_2017 said:

Almost point blank. Mid Ship. OP again. Unbelievable. 

This game so broken sometimes.

Unable to cit Graf Spee, not De Grasse, Not Konigsberg

You have 8" guns with Zao dispersion at Tier 6. Bit of pot and kettle don't you think?

[NUWES]
Members
2,543 posts
8,055 battles
8 hours ago, Doomlock said:

Huh? :Smile_amazed:

I'm fairly certain 8 inch guns are more than capable of citadeling a Graf Spee.

They are. They won't if the Spee  is too angled though or one of a dozen other things happened. 

Assuming that the OP actually aimed correctly and the target wasn't too angled, the game does a calculation based on where the player placed the reticule and dispersion among other things, to determine whether the shooter really hit what he thought he aimed at. It may look to the OP on his local client like the shell landed where it needed to for a citadel hit, but the server did the actual calculation said it didn't. The shell may have drifted a fraction of a degree off of the original aim point due to dispersion, and that drift is small enough that the OP can't see it on his computer, but it is still enough to turn a citadel hit into a pen, an overpen, a shatter or a bounce depending on a host of other factors that both computers account for and we can't see. This is what we affectionately refer to as RNGezus. 

The ultimate answer is yes 8in guns are well capable of citadel-ing Graf, and they absolutely can to DeGrasse and Konigsberg, but the fact that he didn't get a citadel means the shell didn't land where he thought it did for whatever reason. 

Sign in to follow this