Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
merc64

Are CV's doing more damage on average now????

24 comments in this topic

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
12 posts
6,564 battles

So, basic question: Are the CV's doing more damage on average pre or post the 8.0 change?  I can't tell from the stat website and was wondering if the stats are being adjusted pre/post 8.0.   I'm a total noob CV player and find the actual play style more fun now but the system needs a few tweaks.  Seems like a lot of folks are simply pissed off that there are CV's in the game and we see them regularly now.  Kind of reminds me of the old NavyField days when they introduced CV's.  Hopefully Wargaming will extrapolate the data into some meaningful adjustments and we can get back to complaining about radar  :Smile_popcorn:  

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
6,362 posts

High tiers are pretty empty in Co-Op..  Maybe the occasional T8 ship..  Mid tiers are packed.

Members
726 posts

low tiers no they arent doing more dmg.  Combined slow biplanes that carry 1 torp each and only 3 of them that do 3k dmg on average vs the old system of 4-5 torps at a time doing much more dmg.  At T10 id say USN is not doing much more if any more, the T10 IJN is crushing it when you see some peeps averaging above 300,000 dmg.  USN is held back by its aim time and crap drop pattern on torps.  Almost 1/2 of a CV dmg at high tier is from flooding now.

[-TIC-]
Members
393 posts
2,379 battles

Low tier CVs are struggling. Mid tiers I don't know much about. In high tiers the Hakuryu is super OP. However, no matter what, every single CV will ruin a DD's day because of spotting. It's a mess.

[PQUOD]
Members
1,958 posts
4,063 battles

People getting used to the system. Not even been a week and we've heard of the 500k hak one so give it a month or two and who knows?

[-TIC-]
Members
393 posts
2,379 battles
1 minute ago, JToney3449 said:

low tiers no they arent doing more dmg.  Combined slow biplanes that carry 1 torp each and only 3 of them that do 3k dmg on average vs the old system of 4-5 torps at a time doing much more dmg.  At T10 id say USN is not doing much more if any more, the T10 IJN is crushing it when you see some peeps averaging above 300,000 dmg.  USN is held back by its aim time and crap drop pattern on torps.  Almost 1/2 of a CV dmg at high tier is from flooding now.

550k damage is the record for the T10 IJN carrier now.

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,694 posts
1,251 battles

The IJN tier 10 CV has a loophole that everyone is trying to exploit before they patch that up, their torpedoes bombers has very long range torpedoes so they torp way behind and hope a few of their torpedoes hit those death blob lemmings. Pretty easy getting 100k to 250k dmg, 

[WLDD]
Beta Testers
483 posts
5,520 battles
  • At T4, the average for both Langley and Hosho has dropped.
  • At T6, Ryujo average is up while Ranger average is identical to the old Independence.
  • At T8, Graf Zeppelin average is up, Enterprise/Lexington dropped, Shokaku dropped slightly, and Kaga/Saipan were both moved up a tier though Kaga average is down quite a bit compared to her T7 numbers.
  • At T10, Hakuryu is higher while Midway dropped.

It's still less than a week in to the rework however, so as people adjust to the new CVs we may see those numbers increase or decrease.

• Cool 1

Members
2,302 posts
10,644 battles

Gaishu is farming in his Haku, he got a 550k damage game recently. Apart from that ship I think the CV damage from tier VI CVs have gone up while tier IV, tier VIII, and Midway have gone down.

[RLGN]
Members
11,685 posts
20,682 battles
31 minutes ago, AVR_Project said:

High tiers are pretty empty in Co-Op..  Maybe the occasional T8 ship..  Mid tiers are packed.

I saw the opposite. Most of the T8 games I played, (Lexington, Shokaku, Enterprise, Saipan,) were T10 games, (Co-op,) very few were even tier, and only in one that I recall was I top tier.

Basically bad enough across a tiers that I don't believe anyone who says the new system is 'easy,' because it sure hasn't been that way for me.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
6,362 posts
1 minute ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

I saw the opposite. Most of the T8 games I played, (Lexington, Shokaku, Enterprise, Saipan,) were T10 games, (Co-op,) very few were even tier, and only in one that I recall was I top tier.

Basically bad enough across a tiers that I don't believe anyone who says the new system is 'easy,' because it sure hasn't been that way for me.

I played a few NON-CV games to get a picture of the distribution..

In Co-Op, there is less chance of a CV match at 8+ high tiers.  I had one out of 8 in the alt account.

Obviously...  if you bring a CV...   duuuuuuuhhh!!!

I only had one non-CV match out of 10 playing T6 though.

And then I got another dragon container with another day of premium time...  another day in the alt account.  Good till Tuesday.

[RKLES]
Members
10,257 posts
11,956 battles
2 hours ago, xalmgrey said:

People getting used to the system. Not even been a week and we've heard of the 500k hak one so give it a month or two and who knows?

The Hak has a Torp bomber upgrade that allows 4 Torps dropped at once in old style pattern for drop. Add innthe ability to drop over and over and you get the 500k pretty easily. 

[RKLES]
Members
10,257 posts
11,956 battles
2 hours ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Yeah nothing was easier than RTS System where you could auto drop on moving targets and score hits with the salvoe drop patterns. Granted you did have to deal with Fighter strafe, but even then it was still easier System to deal with as a CV.

Members
117 posts
42 battles

I feel like a lot of the complaints about broken balance are specifically from T10.

I've been playing the T6 Ranger quite a lot, and it's hard work doing damage in that thing. I feel like I'm supposed to work by stacking DOT types, but even that doesn't seem easy. The torps are ridiculously awful and even the rockets/bombs don't give fires THAT easily (I am running Demo Expert too). Not saying she's a bad ship, but for sure she doesn't feel broken OP.

The Enterprise is predictably strong in a T8 game -- in a T10 game it's again REALLY hard work.

Edited by jss78

[MIA-I]
2,799 posts
8,651 battles

Not by much, but there's a huge disconnect between people on the forums and those that are actually playing the new content. Unicum players are doing especially well due to not being able to shut each other down with fighter control, making it more of a farm-fest than it used to be. The overall strength of carriers I'd say is lower though, but the lack of control over the enemy carrier more than makes up for that. However take everything with a grain of salt that's said on the forums, you have massive overreactions due to some CC videos that were released, so you'll get really stupid claims like people are getting 300k average or that 500k is reachable without farming parked ships. 

[2347]
Members
372 posts
7,673 battles

Playing Ryujo and Shokoku in co-op, I honestly cannot recall a game in which my CVs weren’t bottom tier. There certainly seem to be plenty of Tier 9 and 10 ships for me to farm. In fact, I had a game a couple hours ago in which a bot Missouri shot down 54 of my planes. Oddly enough, I managed to do over 93K damage that same game, which is my best damage total to date in any carrier.

Anyway, I’m seriously considering buying Hakuyru, not because it’s quite possibly OP — I honestly don’t care, and I think most humans are OP against bots no matter what we’re driving — No, I’m thinking Hak because if I’m going to face T10 match making anyway, why not do it in a tier 10 ship?

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
8,536 posts
21,838 battles
11 minutes ago, _Starbuck said:

Anyway, I’m seriously considering buying Hakuyru, not because it’s quite possibly OP — I honestly don’t care, and I think most humans are OP against bots no matter what we’re driving — No, I’m thinking Hak because if I’m going to face T10 match making anyway, why not do it in a tier 10 ship?

I have to agree with your logic Starbuck, see no fault in your thinking. I do think the ship will be nerfed soon though, seems to be over performing. 

[WORX]
Members
5,831 posts
15,763 battles

tier 4 CVs... New players to the CV line are no going to out DMG anything..... What I like about the change is, each CV is not dependent of the other. IF you have a 3 CV match, you have all 3 working as a independent block to attack targets

Before the change, in a two CV match. You would pray you have an equal competent CV player. IF not, the HOSHO cant do anything when he is facing a two Langley red CVs. 

Tier 6 is when you will see AA flak to be in issue.

Tier 8 is the kiss of death, you really have to be tactic-full/really plan  you attacks carefully.

Tier 10. Here  you have ships with a no flay zone sign CV drivers have to avoid. Other then that, this is the tier you will have high DMG matches as a CV player (*when played smartly).

In summery, the CV class is the same in game experience as say a DD/cruiser of any nation. Fun at low tiers, hard work mid tiers, tier X, is well, special circumstances/conditions exist. Those conditions can make the match suffer from two extremes. Ether frustrating low DMG or a high DMG wow match. 

Considering the above factors, I like the change. Its not perfect, but its  good start.

Edited by Navalpride33

[_-_]
Members
2,396 posts
6,968 battles

In theory, at least, practice makes perfect.

That means that as time goes on, increasing familiarity with the new controls (aiming) and mechanics (flak dodging) should inevitably lead to improved performance across the board. The first-day performance of early adopters (PTS players) and the exceptionally talented proves the potential is there. It is only a matter of time till the general population trends upward as well.

On the defensive side, the only effective reaction has been mutual-support grouping. This has led to kvetching about lemming trains, death blobs, whatever you want to call it. If it is the only thing that works, then that's it.

The numbers are all over the place now due to a lot of factors, like inconsistent deployment of the new AA mechanics, player learning curves, and obvious goofs like the F key, Hak torps, and ready-at-battle start squadrons.

I would not be at all surprised to see rolling hot fixes between the major updates, and increasing CV performance at all tiers.

Edited by So_lt_Goes

[RLGN]
Members
11,685 posts
20,682 battles
2 hours ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Yeah nothing was easier than RTS System where you could auto drop on moving targets and score hits with the salvoe drop patterns. Granted you did have to deal with Fighter strafe, but even then it was still easier System to deal with as a CV.

Not sure if being sarcastic or not...

In any case, the basic RTS system was easy enough for me that outside alt attacks, I can’t understand why other players complained about it so much. Within its limits I was damn good, and I don’t just mean in Co-op.

Alt attacks were the opposite; I never believed anyone saying they were ‘easy,’ because for me they weren’t. No that I couldn’t use them, but easy? What a load of bovine byproducts.

Now we have a system that’s effectively 100% dodging ‘strafe/AA’ and alt/manual attacks, and as far as I’m concerned WG can go to Hell.

Love to know where this ‘easy’ is, when the average damage for my tier 8 carriers, IN CO-OP, which should be easy mode, is 15k.

2,694 posts
1,251 battles

Well said the RTS CVs are so easy to do well in. 

Members
631 posts
11 battles

Numbers are going to be inflated, and may stay that way simply due to players playing ships that have heals rather than dd's…. More BB's and cruisers to hit all with heals will magnify damage totals.

• Cool 1

[NGAGE]
Members
3,795 posts
8,832 battles
4 hours ago, jss78 said:

I feel like a lot of the complaints about broken balance are specifically from T10.

I've been playing the T6 Ranger quite a lot, and it's hard work doing damage in that thing. I feel like I'm supposed to work by stacking DOT types, but even that doesn't seem easy. The torps are ridiculously awful and even the rockets/bombs don't give fires THAT easily (I am running Demo Expert too). Not saying she's a bad ship, but for sure she doesn't feel broken OP.

The Enterprise is predictably strong in a T8 game -- in a T10 game it's again REALLY hard work.

Even if the balance is broken, lower tier CVs are decidedly not fun to play against either. 

Sign in to follow this