Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
ReddNekk

Co-op only for me...

3 comments in this topic

Members
4,155 posts
15,647 battles

...If I bother to play at all. First off, getting constantly blasted by unavoidable rockets in my DDs at mid tiers was bad enough. I tried out playing Friant (tier 3) in randoms and there were 2 CVs per team in matches where ships have little to no AA. The clincher was when my Friant got hit in one rocket attack and it caused over 9800 damage. (Friant has 20300 health) The damn unavoidable rockets that cant be evaded and cause heavy damage and disable/destroy turrets, torpedo launchers, and other modules are the biggest problem with this CV screwup.

Anyway, I'm done with random battles for the forseeable future and maybe for good as long as there's rocket fighters.

Edited by ReddNekk
  • Cool 2
  • Boring 2

[SS238]
Members
283 posts
28,963 battles

Speaking of co-op - what is happening there?

I'm a co-op player. I don't particularly enjoy the meta in random. Post patch I am seeing plenty of games where the green team has 1 or 2 carriers and the bots get 2 BB's instead. OK that's fine, that's what supposed to happen and it's more targets for me. I've had some great games, farming 150,000 to 200,00+ damage a game and getting some nice rewards during a 200% weekend.

But once in a while (3 so far in the past 2 days) - The bot BB's WON'T DIE!

I have been in a battleship twice and a cruiser once, and played what should have been a decent game. But on these occasions, I might as well have been shooting spitwads. In each game, all the green team (EXCEPT THE CARRIERS) were steam rolled and sunk within the first 5 minutes.  All the red team (EXCEPT Battleships) died as well, leaving only the bot BB's and the carriers. For the remainder of the game, the battleships (who prior to this could not miss) chased the carriers firing wild shots over, under and around the carriers as they absorbed all the carriers could throw at them. I witnessed a North Carolina TURN AROUND AND RUN AWAY from the carriers, so that the New Mexico's could chase them! Are you kidding me?  Chasing a 30 Knot carrier with a 21 Knot battle ship defines the word futility.

Anyway, all those games were losers on points (the carriers did not die), which is no biggy. After all, it's co-op. But what is going on? This game has really changed since the update dropped.

[RLGN]
Members
11,653 posts
20,643 battles
5 minutes ago, mushmouthmorton said:

Anyway, all those games were losers on points (the carriers did not die), which is no biggy. After all, it's co-op. But what is going on? This game has really changed since the update dropped.

Other than the insanity (depending on who you talk to perhaps,) of the CV rework, it sounds like WG is trying out its 'smarter' bot programming again...

Sign in to follow this