Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Cruxdei

t8 cvs and the soon to come "support" carriers

12 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

1,366
[POP]
Beta Testers
4,243 posts
6,085 battles

low damage,harassing and scouting is basically what i can do with the lex. reaching 60k dmg on this ship is something i believe to be a good game.

the t8 CVs can't carry a game,unless your team is literally bot tier. that looks good in my book,they are still part of the rework,so they can become better or worse ships to play.

 

about the "support" carriers, i don't have much info about them,specially that "support" thing i hear so much about.

they are supossed to be represented by the removed CVs.

looking at it now,except the t10 CVS,i think i'm already playing "support" carriers.

Edited by Cruxdei
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
149
[STR4T]
Members
134 posts
1,016 battles
Just now, Cruxdei said:

low damage,harassing and scouting is basically what i can do with the lex. reaching 60k dmg on this ship is something i believe to be a good game.

the t8 CVs can't carry a game,unless your team is literally bot tier. that looks good in my book,they are still part of the rework,so they can become better or worse ships to play.

 

about the "support" carriers, i don't have much info about them,specially that "support" thing i hear so much about.

they are supossed to be represented by the removed CVs.

If you are up-tiered into tier X, then no tier VIII ship can carry a team, besides a few overpowered B B's such as the Tirpitz.

If you are a tier VIII CV playing with tier VI ships, and you can't carry, then you need to git gud.

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,366
[POP]
Beta Testers
4,243 posts
6,085 battles
Just now, Gnomestroy said:

If you are up-tiered into tier X, then no tier VIII ship can carry a team, besides a few overpowered B B's such as the Tirpitz.

If you are a tier VIII CV playing with tier VI ships, and you can't carry, then you need to git gud.

the problem is getting those tier6 matches, and i tend to focus on the DDs and damaged  and distracted ships,to avoid losses.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
149
[STR4T]
Members
134 posts
1,016 battles
Just now, Cruxdei said:

the problem is getting those tier6 matches, and i tend to focus on the DDs and damaged  and distracted ships,to avoid losses.

tier 8 getting uptiered too often is an extremely common problem. In the last 6 matches I played in the Cleveland, I was bottom tier in 4 of them .

And guess what? there's a huge power gap between tier 8 and 10, due to a large variety of factors, such as consumables, upgrades, "legendary modules", and overall tier 10 ships are significantly stronger than even tier 9, so players will have incentive to grind. 

All this means, it's extremely difficult (impossible in some cases) to carry a team as tier 8 ships playing with tier 10. It's not because the Lex is weak, it's not even because you're less skilled than your opponents. It's just that tier 10 is OP against tier 8.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,366
[POP]
Beta Testers
4,243 posts
6,085 battles
Just now, permanentnoob said:

What is this support carrier u speak of ? Where can I find info on it?

i made the thread to know about it too.

 

2 minutes ago, Gnomestroy said:

All this means, it's extremely difficult (impossible in some cases) to carry a team as tier 8 ships playing with tier 10. It's not because the Lex is weak, it's not even because you're less skilled than your opponents. It's just that tier 10 is OP against tier 8.

i don't believe lex is weak,i believe the lex and the CVs(not the t10) are in  the right direction with the low damage .

they get low damage for faster scouting,harassing ships and hunting damaged ships.

sky shimakaze is the problematic CV i see,i don'tsee many people complaining about the other CVs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
171
[FTH]
Members
999 posts
14,567 battles

Probly where they talked about taking most of the removed CV's from the odd tiers and putting them in another tier, and I think they even teased adding Yorktown into that one...supposedly the planes may have abilities to help friendly ships out out fires, or seaplanes to land in a cap to take it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,528
[CRMSN]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,953 posts
4,333 battles

Just focus on the DD's that is whats been winning me games. Dropping DD's for 3-5k per bomb drop is pretty potent. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,366
[POP]
Beta Testers
4,243 posts
6,085 battles
Just now, Purg473 said:

Probly where they talked about taking most of the removed CV's from the odd tiers and putting them in another tier, and I think they even teased adding Yorktown into that one...supposedly the planes may have abilities to help friendly ships out out fires, or seaplanes to land in a cap to take it.

that's what worries me. they might turn the "support" carriers in to RPG fantasy healers,mages,whatever.

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,625
[PVE]
Members
17,200 posts
10,909 battles
17 minutes ago, Cruxdei said:

low damage,harassing and scouting is basically what i can do with the lex. reaching 60k dmg on this ship is something i believe to be a good game.

the t8 CVs can't carry a game,unless your team is literally bot tier. that looks good in my book,they are still part of the rework,so they can become better or worse ships to play.

 

about the "support" carriers, i don't have much info about them,specially that "support" thing i hear so much about.

they are supossed to be represented by the removed CVs.

looking at it now,except the t10 CVS,i think i'm already playing "support" carriers.

 

6 minutes ago, permanentnoob said:

What is this support carrier u speak of ? Where can I find info on it?

 

2 minutes ago, Purg473 said:

Probly where they talked about taking most of the removed CV's from the odd tiers and putting them in another tier, and I think they even teased adding Yorktown into that one...supposedly the planes may have abilities to help friendly ships out out fires, or seaplanes to land in a cap to take it.

I don't think they have anything set in stone. They alternate CVs may come out this year, but that depends on what happens with a lot of other things, like RU BBs and most importantly getting CVs finely balance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
508 posts
4,582 battles

I enjoy my Shokaku. It plays great at same tier through T6. In those matches I regularly get top dog. I got a double strike on a lo Yang and another DD right next to it after already torping each once. T8 CV vs T10 flak is rough but good flak dodging practice. They just don’t handle the DoT aura well. I can still torp T10 BBs with my Shokaku but CAs can be painful. In my Ryoji it wasn’t uncommon for me to get over 100k dmg since the AA is so weak at T6 you can just continually torp strike.

Edited by KnifeInUrNeck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
173 posts
4,664 battles

Giving this new CV run a try, I find there are ships with such good AA it's impossible to approach them and do anything. Sometimes BBs are overlapped, making torpedo runs impossible to get to dropping before the entire squadron is shot down. All you can do is... run and...scout?

I'm trying to think if this is more preferable to losing all of your planes in the original CV play, when you're reduced to a floating barge with no guns.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×