You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Snargfargle

Which rockets do you prefer?

6 comments in this topic

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
9,690 posts

Anybody driving a Lexington lately?

Do you prefer the 127 mm rockets for their wider spread or the Tiny Tims for their individual punch and the added hitpoints of the fighters? The smaller rockets have the potential for more damage per strike if all hit but if only one of the rockets hits it's the Tiny Tim that wins out.

Also, are rockets your "go to" weapon with USN CVs or do you prefer torpedos or bombs?

Finally, do you find yourself almost always in tier X battles? I can only recall a couple of times when I was in a tier VIII battle with the Lexington. If uptiered do you see your role more of a scouter and harasser with rockets or do you try to torpedo and bomb for damage?  

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,889 posts
5,750 battles

HVARs, definitely. I tried the Tiny Tims but I keep getting only single hits with them.

• Cool 1

[RLGN]
Members
11,652 posts
20,643 battles

If my experience using them off Saipan means anything, I won’t waste my time using them off Lexington.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
22,065 posts
12,336 battles

I think the intended target really decides this, HVAR's for DD's but if you want to hit larger prey the Tiny Tim's seem to be the way to go.

• Cool 1

[WOLF5]
Members
2,699 posts
3,103 battles

My limited experience, the HVARs. Rockets are the choice weapon for DDs, and the tiny tims just don't have the scatter, way less effective. My crapshooting might be affecting things though. IMO if you're going after other ships, bring the torp bombers.

• Cool 1