You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
xPapa_Smurfx

Jutland is instant win in Ranked this season

24 comments in this topic

Members
306 posts
4,777 battles

I haven't beaten a Jutland yet in at least 10 battles.  Best conceal, best guns, hydro, smoke, RN acceleration buff, "free" rudder shift because it doesn't need accel buff, RPF, inertial fuse.  What is Jutland's weakness?  What is it missing?  Nothing.  Two conceal buffs for a Jutland and it's all over but the crying.  It simply sits in the middle and spots until the game ends. Oh, and it slings torps all over too.  Instant win.  What's that you say?  Bring Radar from concealment to get it spotted?  Sure, it can happen.  I haven't seen it work yet.  Any ship that tries to take out the Jutland gets blapped by the waiting Musashis.

Guess I have a decision about whether I want to drop the free XP to get mine.  Not really sure how much I liked playing ranked?

Members
2,487 posts
509 battles

0JeEJRp.png

But seriously.... for ranked it is definitely a BEAST... but, only because no CVs....
I been doing ok in the Fletcher KIT and a few wins and losses in the Roon... it does pretty good 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[NMKJT]
Members
3,861 posts

I am glad that the Jutland and Kitty are doing well in ranked, because beyond that the ships seem to be Arsenal ships - Kronstadts, Jean Barts, Missouris. Good that tech tree ships still have a place

[RLGN]
Members
11,701 posts
20,690 battles
3 minutes ago, Wombatmetal said:

I am glad that the Jutland and Kitty are doing well in ranked, because beyond that the ships seem to be Arsenal ships - Kronstadts, Jean Barts, Missouris. Good that tech tree ships still have a place

Five games in Fletcher, four wins, 12 point driver.

First game was ‘naked,’ no camo or signals, (accidentally hit battle instead of exterior,) met up with @Th3KrimzonD3mon and followed the example set for a win.

• Cool 1

Members
689 posts
5,668 battles
24 minutes ago, xPapa_Smurfx said:

I haven't beaten a Jutland yet in at least 10 battles.  Best conceal, best guns, hydro, smoke, RN acceleration buff, "free" rudder shift because it doesn't need accel buff, RPF, inertial fuse.  What is Jutland's weakness?  What is it missing?  Nothing.  Two conceal buffs for a Jutland and it's all over but the crying.  It simply sits in the middle and spots until the game ends. Oh, and it slings torps all over too.  Instant win.  What's that you say?  Bring Radar from concealment to get it spotted?  Sure, it can happen.  I haven't seen it work yet.  Any ship that tries to take out the Jutland gets blapped by the waiting Musashis.

Guess I have a decision about whether I want to drop the free XP to get mine.  Not really sure how much I liked playing ranked?

One image should easily help you understand the fatal weakness of the Jutland.
image.thumb.png.15b0198437bff540d2025712b57648d9.png

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Members
2,421 posts
85 battles

Jutland has one clear weakness: slow speed.

RN DD maneuverability and smoke won't save a Jutland who went in too deep into enemy lines.

[USCG]
Members
431 posts
15,821 battles

Been running Black and Kitty. 2-0 in Black and 2-1 in Kitty (but finished top of team in loss).  Black has been great and have only needed my radar a few times. Kitty has been a BEAST! Don’t think anything (DD wise) can out gun her. Want to try my Jutland, but she’s always been that one DD that I seem to lose in. She plays well but I just seem to have bad luck in her. I’ve reached level 10 which is right about where the chat becomes toxic and I stop. However, since things are going well I might keep going to see what happens...

Members
1,412 posts
8,824 battles

I don't see Jutlands massively outperforming Blacks, Kitakazes or even some Fletchers, really.  Ok, it's got the tools to beat other DD's in duels, but ranked is the game mode where you generally expect your teammates to be at their most helpful and it's just as sinkable as any other DD if it makes a mistake and gets focused.

[H-WS]
Members
352 posts
5,659 battles

Playing Musashi in ranked today.  5 losses in a row with high caliber in 4 of them.

[INTEL]
Members
11,058 posts
31,002 battles

Been running Yug. Only the ridiculously Op Kitikaze is a problem

• Cool 1

Members
339 posts
5,488 battles
1 hour ago, The_Painted_Target said:

I put my black away pretty quickly because the guns just don't cut it this season. The torps aren't bad per se but they aren't nearly as usable as other boats. The radar is nasty but only if your team is in a position to take advantage of it, otherwise some other DDs are better picks. Z46 in particular is super strong when played right.

[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,850 posts
16,505 battles
1 hour ago, xPapa_Smurfx said:

My kitty is doing good.

Black, one spotted is insta delete.  Real hard to play.

[-RNG-]
Supertester
2,775 posts
3,689 battles

My fear order (as a BB) would be 

1. Kita (freaking melting me from smoke)
  2. Black (not for my sake, but for enemy DDs)
  3. Jutland (know its good, and dont really know its weaknesses)
  4. Z maybe
  5. rest

Members
306 posts
4,777 battles
1 hour ago, The_Painted_Target said:

What do you think I've been driving?  Fletcher, Z-46, and Kita with 19 point COs.  Jutland still out spots me, out shoots me, has hydro to spot my torpedoes, and so forth...

[EGO]
Members
3,689 posts

No one seemed to believe me when I said Jutland would do very well. It's still early, I expect Jutland, Kitakaze and Black will all end up very close in win percentage. The real surprise is Udaloi is beating them all.

[INTEL]
Members
11,058 posts
31,002 battles
16 hours ago, CaptainTeddybear said:

No one seemed to believe me when I said Jutland would do very well. It's still early, I expect Jutland, Kitakaze and Black will all end up very close in win percentage. The real surprise is Udaloi is beating them all.

That would be a severe surprise. 

[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,923 posts
5,750 battles

I'm loving my Jutland so far, but that last match... Kitakazes are the bane of my existence and this one decided to take it TOO FAR! I pulled my weight, I did nearly 70k damage and did all I could to keep the enemy Musashi burning while staying in smoke to keep myself alive. Now you may be asking yourself like our Missouri did, "wait, why not just use torps?" Well because that STUPID SoB KITAKAZE perma-killed both of my launchers in the first salvo!

*sigh* At least now I know that Jutland can do decently as a tiny CL.

Edit: Also, Udalois? Have yet to see a single one.

[POP]
Beta Testers
4,240 posts
6,085 battles

*takes out 8k dmg in one volley,reloading in less than 8 seconds.*

aUzpt1r.jpg

[EGO]
Members
3,689 posts
2 minutes ago, Landsraad said:

Also, Udalois? Have yet to see a single one.

They are pretty rare but they are #1 in win percentage. I don't expect it to stay that way, there are probably a few unicums jacking up the win rate.

[POP]
Beta Testers
4,240 posts
6,085 battles
1 minute ago, CaptainTeddybear said:

They are pretty rare but they are #1 in win percentage. I don't expect it to stay that way, there are probably a few unicums jacking up the win rate.

i think its because they can heal themselves now.

[EGO]
Members
3,689 posts
7 minutes ago, Cruxdei said:

i think its because they can heal themselves now.

I finished leveling it the day before the patch. I think it's the 15 torps. They are marginally useful in Randoms but in Arms Race they should be much more effective.

[LEGIT]
Members
1,962 posts
27,043 battles

Donski with 11.7 km radar and 8 km torps says no guaranteed Jutland win.