You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Landsraad

On Historical Gimmicks

3 comments in this topic

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,151 posts
4,367 battles

Okay devs, we need to talk. The rework is live, AA has been changed completely and utterly, but there's still one teeny tiny little thing that needs doing:

GIVE AKIZUKI, KITAKAZE, AND HARUGUMO DEFENSIVE AA ALREADY! I don't care if we have to swap speed boost, or TRB, or even smoke for it; just let these ships do what they were DESIGNED to do! You don't want Japan to get DFAA that's as good as the US or Russia's? Fine! Just give them the standard cruiser DFAA, considering that now destroyer DFAA is a 200% buff to AA power. Just acknowledge the reason why they ships had those spiffy 100mm dual-purpose turrets and only one torpedo launcher despite being designed by the most torp-happy nation of the war.

And while we're at it, can we tone down the HE penetration on the guns a tad? I love these ships, but 25% HE pen is a bit much even before you factor in IFHE. Just make it an even 20%, that's serviceable and still a buff compared to the normal 1/6th HE penetration.

• Cool 1

[INR]
Members
674 posts
3,753 battles
2 minutes ago, Landsraad said:

Okay devs, we need to talk. The rework is live, AA has been changed completely and utterly, but there's still one teeny tiny little thing that needs doing:

GIVE AKIZUKI, KITAKAZE, AND HARUGUMO DEFENSIVE AA ALREADY! I don't care if we have to swap speed boost, or TRB, or even smoke for it; just let these ships do what they were DESIGNED to do!

And while we're at it, can we tone down the HE penetration on the guns a tad? I love these ships, but 25% HE pen is a bit much even before you factor in IFHE. Just make it an even 20%, that's serviceable and still a buff compared to the normal 1/6th HE penetration.

I've been complaining about the lack of DefAA on Akizuki before Kita and Haru were even announced. I also don't buy the "Well, the Japanese had poor AA capabilities, so they shouldn't have access to DefAA," argument. While the 25mm Type 96 was pathetic (I've seen maybe one person argue that the triple T96s were better than the T98s) the Long 10cm High Angle guns were great, lacking only the proxy fuzes that the US and UK had.

I agree on 1/4 pen being excessive. It breaks the coveted 32mm threshold after IFHE.

Members
1,120 posts
95 battles
On 2/4/2019 at 9:20 AM, Landsraad said:

GIVE AKIZUKI, KITAKAZE, AND HARUGUMO DEFENSIVE AA ALREADY!

Def AA is pretty lackluster these days and these 3 boats have great AA even without it, which is especially true with the recent buff of constant damage AA vs the flak. Also, these ships are already (especially Kitakaze) are borderline OP and giving them more tools to play is just not fair when torp boat IJN DDs have nothing.