Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Sumseaman

Would you buy the HMS Indomitable?

23 comments in this topic

[WOLF6]
Members
1,361 posts
4,250 battles

Looks like great fun. Sea Hornets. Only rocket and bomb loadouts. I wonder if it will be released 0.8.1 with the UK CV line or not until 0.8.2.

The higher tier Brit carriers have some aptly named carriers for the rework. It's quite amusing.

- HMS Indomitable - Don't ever try to sink it. Just don't bother. Turn off AA too. It's all simply pointless.

- HMS Implacable - It simply cannot quench its thirst for DD tears.

- HMS Audacious - A word that simply sums up the entire rework for many people!

Edited by Sumseaman

[90TH]
Members
1,724 posts
10,757 battles

I'm not buying crap.

• Cool 3

[WOLF8]
Members
5,366 posts
5,136 battles

Where did you get the information regarding the Premium Indomitable? I don't think I saw in on their Facebook devblog. Rockets and Bombs only? No torpedoes? Just curious.

[WAIFU]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
13,661 posts
5,813 battles

My stance is currently to wait and see what the final product is. Brit CVs are still in testing. Heck 0.8.0 is one big CV rework beta test. I do not expect the UK CVs to stay in their current state, and any answer is premature.

Remember PEF? Looked great in it initial test form, but turned into a pile of crap for release.

[WAIFU]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
13,661 posts
5,813 battles
1 minute ago, Blorgh2017 said:

Where did you get the information regarding the Premium Indomitable? I don't think I saw in on their Facebook devblog. Rockets and Bombs only? No torpedoes? Just curious.

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,190 posts

I like the new CV play style. I plan on it.

[IHW]
243 posts

ill be avoiding anything CV related for a very very long time.

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
3,889 posts
5,750 battles

Eh... I'm cool with the rework and hyped for British carriers, but at the same time 0.8.1 is already promising two tier 8 carriers that I don't want to pass up. If she's out by then I'm not sure if my wallet can handle another.

Besides I've already got a sky-Shima, no need for a sky-Conqeror.

[WOLF6]
Members
1,361 posts
4,250 battles
4 minutes ago, Landsraad said:

Eh... I'm cool with the rework and hyped for British carriers, but at the same time 0.8.1 is already promising two tier 8 carriers that I don't want to pass up. If she's out by then I'm not sure if my wallet can handle another.

Hyped too. So two tier VIII premium carriers? 

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
3,889 posts
5,750 battles
Just now, Sumseaman said:

Hyped too. So two tier VIII premium carriers? 

Enterprise and Graf Zeppelin. No real interest in Saipan and I already own Kaga, but I missed GZ and the Big E the first time they each went on sale. Heck, I missed Enterprise by ONE DAY because of when I get my paycheck. Still managed to pick up Alabama though, so all was not lost.

[SIM]
Members
3,995 posts
6,715 battles

The existing premium carriers will not go back up for sale again until 0.8.2, from what I’ve been told. I’d be surprised to see Indomitable before then. As for whether or not that I’ll buy it, probably yes. I want them to spend more time on the UK CVs however, as they look really OP right now. 

[WOLF6]
Members
1,361 posts
4,250 battles
11 minutes ago, Landsraad said:

Enterprise and Graf Zeppelin. No real interest in Saipan and I already own Kaga, but I missed GZ and the Big E the first time they each went on sale. Heck, I missed Enterprise by ONE DAY because of when I get my paycheck. Still managed to pick up Alabama though, so all was not lost.

I think in the current meta Saipan has taken a hit as its tiny tims aren't good for DDs. Could be wrong though.

I recommend Enterprise. For me it's certainly performing better than Kaga.

[SCRAP]
Beta Testers
1,690 posts
5,199 battles

Well, you can tell from my sig I'd be very tempted.

A bit annoyed at the inconsistency Wargaming has at modelling armoured flight decks (have it correclty defined for the RN, but incorrectly give whole-deck protection to Japan and US)

Also wondering about how they have implemented the 'armoured box hangar' concept of the RN carriers. Sure it was only 1.5in/2in splinter protection in the carriers so far modelled - but it did have a big impact in reducing the impact of fires spreading between the ship and hangar.

Anyway, I like the CV rework: I'll probably play the line ships for a bit more though before forking out for Indomitable.

[SAINT]
[SAINT]
Members
682 posts
13,299 battles

I have almost all of the premium ships. Most of which were obtained through grinding in one form or another and the rest through crates or outright purchasing. Carriers are not among any of the aforementioned groups and this rework has not changed my opinion. I'm happy for those captains who enjoy playing carriers but they're just not for me. 

[USFF]
Members
430 posts
6,917 battles

Definitely buying this. As long as it doesn’t get nerf’d too much. Hyped for British carriers. 

[WOLF6]
Members
1,361 posts
4,250 battles
8 minutes ago, Shinzon1 said:

Definitely buying this. As long as it doesn’t get nerf’d too much. Hyped for British carriers. 

I would a pretty hefty nerf might be a given.

[LLMF]
Alpha Tester
1,998 posts

Well yes, I would since I got experimental and bought both T10 carriers and am stuck with them.  At least I have reason to play them - not fully upgraded yet.

[PQUOD]
Members
1,942 posts
4,056 battles

Buy something? I think most are having a hard time wanting to play much less toss money at WG.

[WLDD]
Beta Testers
483 posts
5,520 battles
Just now, StoptheViolins said:

Well yes, I would since I got experimental and bought both T10 carriers and am stuck with them.  At least I have reason to play them - not fully upgraded yet.

You can trade the CVs in for FreeXP and credits through the inventory in-game.  There's a special category in there specifically for carriers, and it's available until March 27th which is presumably when 0.8.2 is scheduled to release.

[LLMF]
Alpha Tester
1,998 posts
Just now, Deno said:

You can trade the CVs in for FreeXP and credits through the inventory in-game.  There's a special category in there specifically for carriers, and it's available until March 27th which is presumably when 0.8.2 is scheduled to release.

Only once and only if you bought them before 8.0 dropped. After you only get credits and camo refunded with the xp cost getting sent down to the lower tier CV.

[GAMMA]
Members
827 posts
14,051 battles

I have no intention of ever giving Wargaming another dime. So that's a giant negative ghostrider.

[ERN]
Modder, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,776 posts
4,839 battles

If I not mistaken, Indomitable are the going to have the fastest planes in the game due to the lack of torpedo bombers

Sign in to follow this