You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Kuckoo

Plane Spam in High Tier Matches with Double Midways/Hakuryus

9 comments in this topic

[SYN]
Members
5,347 posts
12,615 battles

God help you if you're in anything other than a carrier in Tier X matches and there are double Midways/Hakuryus on the teams.  The plane spam is absurd.  Absurd.

High tier play is now an incoherent mess of planes everywhere and ships maneuvering all over the place trying to deal with them.  Everyone is preoccupied with dodging and dealing with planes now, of which there seems to be an unending line of.  Planes, planes, and more planes, for literally the entire match.  One squadron after another.  Just doesn't stop.  Ever.

If anything, CVs have become even more influential than they were before the update.  Much more so.

Single CVs per team isn't as bad, and lower tiers are still manageable.  But Tiers VIII-X, with two Tier X CVs per team; forget it.  Totally aggravating and unenjoyable.  And unplayable.

Edited by Kuckoo
  • Cool 2

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
22,075 posts
12,336 battles

The high tier DD players got spoiled with CV's being so rare above tier 6 in the old system. Give things a little time for things to shake out as the new CV's just launched on Wednesday and look for ways to still be valuable to your team in the new meta.

[RNDM]
Members
315 posts
5,859 battles

I have actually been fine in double Tier X CV matches. Not sure if its because of the quality of these CV players or what but my Tier VIII to Tier X ships have fared about the same as they always do except they now get more plane kills. Admittedly I have stuck to DDs and CLs at these tiers lately with the exception of my Musashi in Ranked (where there are no CVs).

[SYN]
Members
5,347 posts
12,615 battles
20 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

The high tier DD players got spoiled with CV's being so rare above tier 6 in the old system. Give things a little time for things to shake out as the new CV's just launched on Wednesday and look for ways to still be valuable to your team in the new meta.

I understand what you're saying, but I posted this when playing Montana and Des Moines.  I've hardly touched a DD since the update.  Just played the Kiev and Mahan, once each.

Not touching a high tier DD until this is fixed.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
22,075 posts
12,336 battles
1 minute ago, Kuckoo said:

I understand what you're saying, but I posted this when playing Montana and Des Moines.  I've hardly touched a DD since the update.  Just played the Kiev and Mahan, once each.

Not touching a high tier DD until this is fixed.

This is like a new game for all of us and I understand holding your DD's back, I am mostly holding my BB's and cruisers back for solo play while the meta settles out myself.

[LANCE]
Members
493 posts
4,182 battles

The thing I’ve found the worst with the multiple CV’s in each game (although I have had some with no CV’s) is how busy the screen gets! Trying to “focus” a certain target can get a bit difficult because sometimes I can’t see the name/HP bars due to how “busy” it is around it. Admittedly I’m playing on a laptop (17” screen).

As far as things are going at the moment, I curse and swear a bit about there being multiple CV’s per game but am fairly sure this will drop/level out as the “new toy” dies out a bit. It’s similar to the USN split where it wasn’t uncommon to see 5-6 USN cruisers per team.

Members
2,477 posts
509 battles
1 hour ago, BrushWolf said:

The high tier DD players got spoiled with CV's being so rare above tier 6 in the old system. Give things a little time for things to shake out as the new CV's just launched on Wednesday and look for ways to still will never  be valuable to your team in the new meta.

FIFY

Members
2,477 posts
509 battles

this update has got to be one of the WORST balancing excuses I have seen in four years playing this game... it was SUPPOSED to make it so CV's (people SAID they were the most dominate thing in the game before) Were supposed to be balanced DOWN TO NOT BE SO.... but it seems that with them being changed and the AAA being worsened FOR that change... CVs seem Better than before???

Especially  with the new META being EVERYONE thats not a CV sit in back for 17 minutes...seems that the majority of the Player Base (My guess is 88% at LEAST,) HATES THE GAME now...I suspect its More than that... but I am 100% speculating...
Took my Fletcher out once..... ONCE... and was all I will ever do with it NOT in ranked battles.....
Pre patch I could EASILY melt 15-22 planes in it.... and after getting attacked by a few dozen last night.... I got TWO.... TWO!!!!
same with the Akizuki...   those two DDs are two of the BEST at AAA.... now?>??? well.... nope..
And this is the first and ONLY TIME I have come here in four years after a patch and said it is GARBAGE...
and it is GARBAGE...
Usually the patch brings confirmation bias...

"Anyone notice more detonations than ever before in the new Patch"
"Anyone notice that AP gets 75% less Citadels since the patch"
"Fires are more predominate since the patch" 

that was the norm, and mostly confirmation bias.,.. 
BUT this new patch???

100% BAD...

anyway  
GL HF

s

Edited by neptunes_wrath
  • Cool 2

[IXM]
Members
557 posts
2,841 battles
1 minute ago, neptunes_wrath said:

snip

Agreed. It's basically unplayable, and not just for DDs. AA cruisers fare a bit better, but slower BBs just get eaten alive because you simply can't maneuver fast enough to avoid anything.

• Cool 1