You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
mykil

Easy Fix, put a Button in game, play with/without CV's

Easy Fix, put a Button in game, play with/without CV's  

46 members have voted

1. 1. I am curious, in tanks, you can choose the kind of maps you would be willing to play, they have a button in game that will limit the number of domination maps you play, to almost zero. If Wargaming put a button in settings be able to play with or without CV’s who here, besides CV players would use this button?

• I would choose not to play with CV’s, I am not a CV player
    • I would choose to play with CV’s, I am not a CV player
    • I would choose to play with CV’s, I am a CV player
    • I would choose not to play with CV’s when I am not playing my CV

28 comments in this topic

[-TXT-]
Alpha Tester
57 posts
18,946 battles

Easy Fix, Put a Button up, play with/withuot CV's

• Cool 2

[5D]
Members
2,933 posts
18,247 battles

If they do that then DDs will want a button to have no radar, cruisers will want one with no BBs and BBs will want one with no DDs. Then everyone will be in an infinite queue loop since they won't be able to fill the slots.

• Cool 1

[ARS]
Beta Testers
3,341 posts
3,227 battles

This is stupid poll.  Nothing like this will ever be implemented.

• Cool 3

[XXX]
Members
872 posts
3,117 battles

Wows playerbase is way too small for that. Wot's wasn't at the time it was implemented there.

• Cool 1

Members
4,155 posts
15,647 battles

If WG was to implement a option to not play matches with CVs, they'd find out better than any forum poll how much the player mass likes/hates CVs. I, for one, would have the "no CVs" option permanently activated.

[WLDD]
Beta Testers
483 posts
5,520 battles
6 minutes ago, ReddNekk said:

If WG was to implement a option to not play matches with CVs, they'd find out better than any forum poll how much the player mass likes/hates CVs. I, for one, would have the "no CVs" option permanently activated.

And that is exactly why something like that will never happen, because they would never put anything in that would split the playerbase like that.

Members
1,412 posts
8,824 battles

This would open up a massive can of worms as everyone would probably love the option to toggle off things that can frustrate their preferred ship type.  How many battleship players would choose to queue up in "No HE shells" mode?

If you want CV's rebalanced then the best thing to do right now is go play the game and give WG some data to work with.  WG stated themselves that the test server mostly involved people playing the new CV's against bots and they didn't have a complete picture so there would be followup balance patches.

• Cool 1

Members
631 posts
11 battles

I have enjoyed the prospect of equipping ships as tanks or AA builds or secondary's. Taking away potential objectives would make this game ignorantly boring.

Members
24,025 posts
6,038 battles

Plus, in WoT it worked differently, because it was opting out of a game mode.

The MM makes the teams, then selects the game mode. If anybody in that match was opting out of a given mode, the mode was removed as one of the possibilities.

IOW, you can't opt out of matches with a certain type, because MM doesn't have the capability to exclude types, unless WoWS uses a different MM.

[THOR]
Members
321 posts
4,835 battles
11 minutes ago, Excuse_Maker said:

I have enjoyed the prospect of equipping ships as tanks or AA builds or secondary's. Taking away potential objectives would make this game ignorantly boring.

Actually fully spec secondary builds and especially AA I am finding fun and exciting.

0203191431a_resized.jpg

0203191431_resized.jpg

Edited by TwoLate51
added screen shot.

[WLDD]
Beta Testers
483 posts
5,520 battles
2 minutes ago, TwoLate51 said:

Actually fully spec secondary builds and especially AA I am finding fun and exciting.

0203191431a_resized.jpg

0203191431_resized.jpg

To be fair, you were up against Langleys in that battle.  T4 CV planes get absolutely destroyed by anything that so much as looks at them.

[SYN]
Members
5,348 posts
12,624 battles

I chose not to play with CVs and not being a CV player.

Feel this way now since the update, now more than ever before.  The experiences I've had in Double-CV Tier X matches has been enough to turn me off from the idea of CVs completely.  Just get rid of them ffs...

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
3,400 posts
11,508 battles

Have always wanted it, but they will never implement it. I promise.

[SOV]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,682 posts
6,777 battles

It would be easier to just remove them entirely, not that either will ever happen. Giving players the option to opt out would immediately shrink the number of players in the pool for CV's, causing long queue times and weird battles. Dividing an already small player base would only harm the game. 

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
22,096 posts
12,348 battles
10 minutes ago, Deno said:

To be fair, you were up against Langleys in that battle.  T4 CV planes get absolutely destroyed by anything that so much as looks at them.

Which is why AA needs to factor the tier of the AA vs the tier of the planes to stop the seemingly impossible that we are experiencing that AA is way over powered and that it is way under powered and both complaints are correct.

Members
901 posts
3,972 battles

IF Wargaming actually cared about the player base and wanted to make a definitive statement on the actual community wide feelings on the patch they would do something like the OP says.  Not permanent, just over a few day period and the results are able to be viewed live by the public.  You log in and queue for battle and you have a pop up that says "CV / NO CV" the player would make their choice and on to battle they go. This would be the simplest and single most important "test" data they could ever ask for.

It might turn out that 75% of the players love playing with CVs.  The other 25% that hate it will have to accept they they are in a minority and they will likely shut up and play or move on knowing that they will not be getting their choice.

Or if 75% choose not to play with CVs then we all see as community this is not working and WG sees that the majority of players are not happy with the current direction of the game.  

• Cool 1

[WLDD]
Beta Testers
483 posts
5,520 battles
6 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

Which is why AA needs to factor the tier of the AA vs the tier of the planes to stop the seemingly impossible that we are experiencing that AA is way over powered and that it is way under powered and both complaints are correct.

The main thing breaking the balance of AA across tiers is the flak, and the damage and how much of it higher tiered ships can put in the air.  Low and mid tiers only really put up a handful of flak bursts, while high tiers are able to create entire walls of it.

Something else I've noticed it how inconsistent the flak can be.  I've had multiple moments where despite actively dodging, a wall of overlapping flak will land right on my planes and knock half of them out of the sky with no way to react.  On the reverse side, I've had moments where I could just fly straight in and not a single flak burst landed anywhere near my planes, even though I didn't try to dodge anything.

[NGAGE]
Clan Supertest Coordinator
4,621 posts
6,965 battles

War Gaming should absolutely do this for a week just to serve as the ultimate player referendum on CVs.  If enough people opt out, they will have the data justifying removing the class entirely, if enough people opt in then it will give them a player mandate to move forward.

*Alternatively, they could just add a mandatory poll in game.

[NGAGE]
Clan Supertest Coordinator
4,621 posts
6,965 battles
8 minutes ago, T_O_dubl_D said:

IF Wargaming actually cared about the player base and wanted to make a definitive statement on the actual community wide feelings on the patch they would do something like the OP says.  Not permanent, just over a few day period and the results are able to be viewed live by the public.  You log in and queue for battle and you have a pop up that says "CV / NO CV" the player would make their choice and on to battle they go. This would be the simplest and single most important "test" data they could ever ask for.

It might turn out that 75% of the players love playing with CVs.  The other 25% that hate it will have to accept they they are in a minority and they will likely shut up and play or move on knowing that they will not be getting their choice.

Or if 75% choose not to play with CVs then we all see as community this is not working and WG sees that the majority of players are not happy with the current direction of the game.  

You ninja-ed me.  I had the exact same thought.

Edited by yashma
  • Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
22,096 posts
12,348 battles
2 minutes ago, Deno said:

The main thing breaking the balance of AA across tiers is the flak, and the damage and how much of it higher tiered ships can put in the air.  Low and mid tiers only really put up a handful of flak bursts, while high tiers are able to create entire walls of it.

Something else I've noticed it how inconsistent the flak can be.  I've had multiple moments where despite actively dodging, a wall of overlapping flak will land right on my planes and knock half of them out of the sky with no way to react.  On the reverse side, I've had moments where I could just fly straight in and not a single flak burst landed anywhere near my planes, even though I didn't try to dodge anything.

While flak is the plane killer now instead of the mid range auto cannons of the old CV system the problem is planes never did up tier well at all to AA

[NATO]
Beta Testers
2,093 posts
6,258 battles
1 hour ago, mykil said:

Easy Fix, Put a Button up, play with/withuot CV's

Easy Fix, Put a Button up, play with/without ships......

1)That I cant play against because Im incapable of adapting to the tactical change other ships present when they dont do what I want or are hard counters to my playing style

2)DD's

3)BB's

4)Cruisers

5)CV's

[WLDD]
Beta Testers
483 posts
5,520 battles
5 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

While flak is the plane killer now instead of the mid range auto cannons of the old CV system the problem is planes never did up tier well at all to AA

Under the old system, bottom tier planes were still able to work against higher tiered ships that didn't have high AA.  With the new flak mechanics, the old AA values have been made irrelevant and any ship that has long- and mid-range flak can knock planes out of the sky if it connects.