You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
USMC2145

Why is the NA server so full of complaints vs.....

86 comments in this topic

Members
1,143 posts
7,114 battles

Just looked at other servers forums RU, EU and Asia. Their forums have very few post complaining about 8.0/CV rework and have a bunch saying how they love the rework complementing WG. Here it seems just the opposite. Why is that?

Edited by USMC2145
  • Cool 5
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 2

[PVE]
Members
9,654 posts
17,216 battles
2 minutes ago, USMC2145 said:

Just looked at other servers forums RU, EU and Asia. Their forums have very few post complaining about 8.0/CV rework and have a bunch saying how the love the rework complementing WG. Here it seems just the opposite. Why is that?

That is not what I have heard at all. Everything I have heard here and on reddit suggests the players on other servers are just as riled up and hate it just as much?

Edit - I just went and looked at the EU Gameplay forum (English) and it is just as full of complaints as NA about 8.0/CV.

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Cool 12

Members
926 posts
5 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

That is not what I have heard at all. Everything I have heard here and on reddit suggests the players on other servers are just as riled up and hate it just as much?

Edit - I just went and looked at the EU Gameplay forum (English) and it is just as full of complaints as NA about 8.0/CV.

My main account is on EU and the OP is correct most over there are fine with the rework. My clan loves the new cv over there as do many of the clan members we know from other clans. 

Edited by SteelClaw

[90TH]
[90TH]
Alpha Tester
8,272 posts
9,171 battles

people hate change, and there are many changes occuring alongside the cv rework. Overall I find the new Cvs no better or worse (but different for sure) than the old RTS, in fact I ma getting better results in some cases, than I expected. Other ship classes are being forced to adapt, dds and cruisers most especially. BB mains on the other hand, are benefiting enormously from the cv rework, and you won't find many of them, complaining on the forums or on reddit.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 2

[WOLF1]
Members
4,327 posts
1,975 battles
5 minutes ago, LoveBote said:

people hate change, and there are many changes occuring alongside the cv rework. Overall I find the new Cvs no better or worse (but different for sure) than the old RTS, in fact I ma getting better results in some cases, than I expected. Other ship classes are being forced to adapt, dds and cruisers most especially. BB mains on the other hand, are benefiting enormously from the cv rework, and you won't find many of them, complaining on the forums or on reddit.

I know this is a repeat question, but I asked you the first day.  It's Sunday now.  Do you still think that while CV is still doing good damage, the overall influence is lessened vs RTS CVs? Or not?

On a rework topic: Until I went digging, I didn't realize just how much AA has been basically rewritten.

Edited by mavfin87

[POP]
Beta Testers
4,224 posts
6,077 battles

reddit is a  mess filled with memes and contrarian people.  i use reddit mostly to see the news,leaks and  other things,but i don't take their opinion seriously.

• Cool 1

Members
631 posts
11 battles
8 minutes ago, LoveBote said:

Play your Lex or your Shokaku. The Graf is far ahead of all the other tier 8 cv's its not even a comparison.

[LOU1]
Members
3,776 posts
10,347 battles

I have not spent hardly any time on the other servers forums, but I notice that on the NA forum there are often a small number of players that repeatedly start threads and respond to threads with the same mindset/goal.  After a while, you start to notice that, rather than a variety of respondents, there is a smaller group that keeps repeating the same idea over and over.  Personally, my gauge is not the number of complaint threads, but the number of tips and tricks threads.  I am noticing that youtube is starting to have more videos on how to play in the new meta, rather than focusing on what was.

Edited by ExploratorOne
Capitalization
  • Cool 4

Members
454 posts

I just looked at RU and EU forums. HE is correct. Yes, there are some unhappy players on each forum, but for the most part there are way more saying good job and how they like it. 

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1

[90TH]
[90TH]
Alpha Tester
8,272 posts
9,171 battles
2 minutes ago, mavfin87 said:

I know this is a repeat question, but I asked you the first day.  It's Sunday now.  Do you still think that while CV is still doing good damage, the overall influence is lessened vs RTS CVs? Or not?

On a rework topic: Until I went digging, I didn't realize just how much AA has been basically rewritten.

My WR, on the only ship that matters to me (I am easy to please WG!), my Zeppelin, has gone up since the rework! Average dmg is about 10% lower, but that is all.

I have a different sort of influence on the game, but then I always have, I doubt I fit into "normal" definitions of influence. But in certain ways, I have a similar kind as to before the rework, I still try to hit the enemy hard while scouting entire enemy fleet, in the first minute of battle. Then my brain goes to mush, and so I cross my fingers.

I have noted, exceptionally good players, are getting extra exceptional results, a Hak driver managed a 550k dmg battle, today.

[90TH]
[90TH]
Alpha Tester
8,272 posts
9,171 battles
2 minutes ago, Excuse_Maker said:

Play your Lex or your Shokaku. The Graf is far ahead of all the other tier 8 cv's its not even a comparison.

All tier 8 cvs, premium and tech tree, have been thoroughly revised, reworked, balanced. The only reason Graf is currently ahead of the other CVs is because only nutcases drive it, there are only 200 Graf owners on the NA server, and of the 300 battles played with a Graf since the rework went live, I am responsible for 60 of them./

• Cool 3

Members
2,255 posts
27 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Yep, I really don't get why people are now lying. I guess they don't want to be nerfed.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
8,492 posts
21,819 battles

Yeah I don't read Russkie so am clueless what they are saying. From eyeballing it, opinion is split on the forums where I can read the English posts. 

People as a rule hate change that does not bring with it some improvement or value. Decrying change because it is change is silly but the argument that all change is good is just as stupid. Think critically, what was the point of the rework? Wargaming said too few used the class (cvs) and wanted to improve the play style from the old RTS to something else. They wanted to close the skill gap and attract more players to carriers. Changing the mechanics to a FPS from an airplane was a success but it was done with the full knowledge that 70% of carrier players did not like it... The new mechanics are not intuitive and once everyone figures it out, the skill gap will return. We essentially are swapping old really good carrier players out for new really good carrier players... The only thing left now to see is if it has attracted more people to playing the ships.. Only time will tell. 

People are not hating on Wargaming because they made changes, people are mad that they don't like the changes Wargaming made. It is that simple. 

[POP]
Beta Testers
4,224 posts
6,077 battles
10 minutes ago, Excuse_Maker said:

i think the tier8 cvs are ok,they looks like support ships,that's ok to me. except graf.

Edited by Cruxdei

Members
631 posts
11 battles
5 minutes ago, LoveBote said:

All tier 8 cvs, premium and tech tree, have been thoroughly revised, reworked, balanced. The only reason Graf is currently ahead of the other CVs is because only nutcases drive it, there are only 200 Graf owners on the NA server, and of the 300 battles played with a Graf since the rework went live, I am responsible for 60 of them./

You and I have spoken in depth. The Ship is broken. Play your other tier 8's. Then comment.

• Cool 1

Members
13 posts
2,128 battles

I have +90 games on my lexington (ptr included), I actually do about the same amount of damage as I did in my old Lexington, even in teir 10 battles, they take practice.

Biggest and simplest reason for complains, people don't like cvs/don't like that they're meta. If you look at 90% of complaints, they're short at like 2-3 sentences at best and provide little detail. A rule with short complaints like these are either they aren't informed on what they're complaining on, or it's no an important enough issue for them to site specifics. I think this is a very good rework but it's major change and many people don't like that; cvs are powerful but they've always been, cvs have been out of meta for so long that people forgot.

I usually counter many of the complaints by saying "either people don't like that cvs are now meta, or they prefer getting fighter perma spotted, and getting dropped on by two torpedo bombers squads, and three dive bombers squads". Half the complaints about cvs currently, cvs could already do.

I've been a cv main since beta, I like the RTS style but to be fair.... I was playing a action game to play RTS, didn't help cvs in the long run

Edited by animals370

[90TH]
[90TH]
Alpha Tester
8,272 posts
9,171 battles
4 minutes ago, Excuse_Maker said:

You and I have spoken in depth. The Ship is broken. Play your other tier 8's. Then comment.

I am sorry, you are not familiar to me, is this an alt account with only 11 battles? If not, play some battles, and earn some credibility, or use your main WOWS account to comment on the forum.

• Boring 1

Members
310 posts
6,861 battles
22 minutes ago, LoveBote said:

people hate change, and there are many changes occurring alongside the cv rework.

Life is in a constant state of change. You either adapt or you die. You either evolve or you become extinct. Complaining is just the natural human response to uncomfortable changes.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[POP]
Beta Testers
4,224 posts
6,077 battles
1 minute ago, WestPac_CG22 said:

Life is in a constant state of change. You either adapt or you die. You either evolve or you become extinct. Complaining is just the natural human response to uncomfortable changes.

some people don't like changes and log out of life,except it's permanent.

Members
631 posts
11 battles
1 minute ago, LoveBote said:

I am sorry, you are not familiar to me, is this an alt account with only 11 battles? If not, play some battles, and earn some credibility, or use your main WOWS account to comment on the forum.

oh, be sure it's an alt. You play a ton of CV, You play a ton of Graf. I am asking you to play your Lex, or Shokaku. Then let us know how you feel.

• Cool 1

[FYL]
Members
671 posts
2,685 battles
39 minutes ago, USMC2145 said:

Just looked at other servers forums RU, EU and Asia. Their forums have very few post complaining about 8.0/CV rework and have a bunch saying how they love the rework complementing WG. Here it seems just the opposite. Why is that?

That's very much not what I've seen, unless it started today

• Cool 1

[90TH]
[90TH]
Alpha Tester
8,272 posts
9,171 battles
3 minutes ago, Excuse_Maker said:

oh, be sure it's an alt. You play a ton of CV, You play a ton of Graf. I am asking you to play your Lex, or Shokaku. Then let us know how you feel.

I find it difficult to hold a serious conversation with an obscure alt of somebody who claims to know me, but I have no idea, who/what your main account is. This is not only unfair, one sided, but also only makes you appear a bit silly.

Log in with your main account, and demonstrate that you know what you are talking about (e.g we can see your own CV gameplay history, as you can see mine)/ If you don't do that, everyone who reads this will simply assume you are a clumsy troll.

• Cool 4

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
8,492 posts
21,819 battles
2 minutes ago, WestPac_CG22 said:

Umm people are used to change and adaptation is rarely required especially when you are talking technology. I don't remember any complaints when the old brick and bag cell phones were replaced with flip phones. Don't remember any complaints when flip phones were replaced with smart phones... People like change when it is an improvement or adds value... Not sure why people have so much trouble with this concept, it really is quite easy to understand. 

• Cool 2

Beta Testers
337 posts
18,383 battles
45 minutes ago, USMC2145 said:

People in NA generally voice our opinions (aka complaints) cause we don't fear of being poisoned or chopped up into pieces (or fed to dogs).  

Edited by SoftAndCute
  • Cool 8

Members
13 posts
2,128 battles
22 minutes ago, ExploratorOne said:

I have not spent hardly any time on the other servers forums, but I notice that on the NA forum there are often a small number of players that repeatedly start threads and respond to threads with the same mindset/goal.  After a while, you start to notice that, rather than a variety of respondents, there is a smaller group that keeps repeating the same idea over and over.  personally, my gauge is not the number of complaint threads, but the number of tips and tricks threads.  I am noticing that youtube is starting to have more videos on how to play in the new meta, rather than focusing what was.

I agree bud. I think people find it easier to complain than strategize and come up with solutions. But I guess that's true for anything in life.

Edited by animals370