Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
agrims

Time to dig out a KitKat and take a break

16 comments in this topic

Members
191 posts
4,461 battles

I believe it’s time for me to lay down my computer and wallet for a good long while folks. I may or may not come back for a few reasons, and I know folks will flame this post but here’s my reason anyway.

The CV rework has changed a fundamental aspect of this game, and while the RTS system was not well implemented, it was manageable. Rocket planes are making life difficult for DD players, Torp planes dropping 2-4 torps every 10 seconds on different sides of your ship while mostly going unscathed by AA is killing game play for CAs and BBs. 

AA isn’t really a thing either.

Concealment took a hit, and there is something up with the credit earning system, premium account or not, earning is down to the point of loosing credits.... unless you play a CV like Kaga... or premium plus premium ship... 

This patch has changed too much and even though I was accepted to the early play testing, the game wasn’t representative of what it would be like going live. 

All this to say one wallet warrior is done for now. I will drop in from time to time in game solely because I have around 1k invested over the course of CBT through today on ships and other purchases, but the wallet is closed, and I am looking around for an alternative that I can play and get my ship fix...

• Cool 5

Members
3,457 posts
17,546 battles

Nobody's really saying they can't do it

There's a fun factor involved and I think if it's not fun well.....

Edited by silverdahc
  • Cool 3

[-RNG-]
Supertester
2,781 posts
3,689 battles

You should try a snickers... your not yourself when your hungry:Smile-_tongue:

Hopefully it's just burnout man. 8.0 is probably one of the biggest changes to ever happen in any wargaming title to date. Wait for it all to blow over with a nice hiatus, and try us again in 3-6 months. Buy a steam game on sale to pass the time:Smile_honoring:

Gl and hf!

Members
2,255 posts
2 minutes ago, _1204_ said:

Hopefully it's just burnout man. 8.0 is probably one of the biggest changes to ever happen in any wargaming title to date. Wait for it all to blow over with a nice hiatus, and try us again in 3-6 months. Buy a steam game on sale to pass the time:Smile_honoring:

Gl and hf!

It's the worst patch ever next to gold ammo and introduction to tanks that can 1 shot you in the history of WGing.

I don't expect this broken patch to be fixed any time soon. They forced this update out and didn't even play it. With in the first video they released I already seen how bad it was going to be. 

Just amazing how they even thought this was good for the game.

• Cool 2

[BLHK]
Members
555 posts
1 minute ago, MorbidGamer said:

I don't expect this broken patch to be fixed any time soon.

You should probably pay more attention to a topic you are obviously passionate about. Even before this patch dropped WG announced there would be two further patches based on the data captured with the 8.0 update

Members
2,255 posts
Just now, MG1962 said:

You should probably pay more attention to a topic you are obviously passionate about. Even before this patch dropped WG announced there would be two further patches based on the data captured with the 8.0 update

I've been playing WG games way longer then most people... 8 years... So I know how they roll.

[90TH]
Members
1,724 posts
10,757 battles
18 minutes ago, _1204_ said:

Gl and hf!

The Snickers FEAST campaign was always better imo.

I mean who doesn't love our viking friend?

[SHAN]
Beta Testers
365 posts
1 hour ago, silverdahc said:

Nobody's really saying they can't do it

There's a fun factor involved and I think if it's not fun well.....

The DD mafia insists that stealth fire flooding and torps are fun. Cruiser mains say "the world must burn". BBs say "show me your citadels". What do all of the say when someone else says your play style is only fun for you.  L2P nub,(insert flavor of the moment troll comment), don't be so predictable, I cant do damage any other way, my class is the weakest ect ect ect.  If it is good for the goose it is good for the gander. Hopefully this will be a teaching moment about how they treat folks they don't agree with.

Cirran

[90TH]
Members
1,724 posts
10,757 battles
6 minutes ago, Cirran said:

The DD mafia insists that stealth fire flooding and torps are fun. Cruiser mains say "the world must burn". BBs say "show me your citadels". What do all of the say when someone else says your play style is only fun for you.  L2P nub,(insert flavor of the moment troll comment), don't be so predictable, I cant do damage any other way, my class is the weakest ect ect ect.  If it is good for the goose it is good for the gander. Hopefully this will be a teaching moment about how they treat folks they don't agree with.

Cirran

thanks for signing off because we otherwise would have no idea who wrote that post

[LUCK]
Members
1,702 posts
24,224 battles
2 hours ago, Raven114 said:

Game got to Hard for you we understand!!!!!!:Smile_glasses:

Not a constructive comment and emanates from suspect origins.

Members
191 posts
4,461 battles
8 hours ago, Raven114 said:

Game got to Hard for you we understand!!!!!!:Smile_glasses:

It’s not that the game got hard.. it’s that it has changed significantly and in very bad ways, all at once. Also, comments like that aren’t constructive and not great for the community as a whole boss. 

Further, this patch isn’t just a cv rework, but also concealment changes, credit earning changes, ship removals, etc.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
66 posts
10 hours ago, agrims said:

Torp planes dropping 2-4 torps every 10 seconds on different sides of your ship while mostly going unscathed by AA is killing game play for CAs and BBs. 

Please tell me the secret because I can't even get mine turned around for a second pass before they are all shot down.

[NMKJT]
Members
3,874 posts
8 hours ago, MG1962 said:

If I have to wait for 8.1 in a month or two for a fix, I will be fully invested in another game and will be hard to abandon that to come back and test some more

• Cool 1

[PQUOD]
Members
1,977 posts
4,074 battles
2 minutes ago, Wombatmetal said:

If I have to wait for 8.1 in a month or two for a fix, I will be fully invested in another game and will be hard to abandon that to come back and test some more

So much this. This really is WG's biggest weakness right now, they took a gamble with the current player base in hopes of bringing in new fresh blood but its going to cost them old blood. People aren't going to wait for months at a time to come back. They stand to lose people to other games the longer this plays out.

[JBY]
Members
18 posts

The whole thing is FUBAR. A lot has changed and not for the better. People are frustrated and they don't want to PAY to play if it is messed up.

Sign in to follow this