You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Legio_X_

I have been hearing rumors that a T10 CV did 550k damage

82 comments in this topic

[OGRES]
Members
1,823 posts
3,893 battles

On the NA sever, using nothing but torps. How is that remotely balance?...........WG you have alot of nerfs to do.

Members
24,009 posts
6,035 battles
9 minutes ago, Legio_X_ said:

On the NA sever, using nothing but torps. How is that remotely balance?...........WG you have alot of nerfs to do.

Sounds like it. I wonder what the highest damage on T4, T6, and T8 are.

This is important because the last thing many people want is to throw a blanket nerf out that makes lower-tier CVs useless.

Could be a case of the best thing to do is reduce squadron and/or attack wing size.

Of course, if one guy did it in one game, that's not going to affect balancing, it'll be an overall increase in CV damage across the board that WG will be looking for.

So a lot of CVs will need to have monster games to highlight the issue.

Edited by Skpstr

Members
1,922 posts

Why try to start another controversy on the Forum and let WG collect there Stats and analysis so they can tweak it.:Smile_facepalm:

• Cool 4

[A-D]
Beta Testers, Alpha Tester
2,638 posts

Is it a legitimate score, or was it more like 'my clanmates will sit there while I damage farm them'?

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
9,690 posts
9 minutes ago, Legio_X_ said:

The Hakuryu leads the CV damage due to its long-range torps but it did too under the old CV mechanic. The Midway was next, which showed how OP the unicums were in CVs under the old mechanic. Most CVs do far less damage. In the 30 or so CV games I've played since 8.0 dropped most CVs are falling in the middle of the pack.

Members
265 posts
15,514 battles
19 minutes ago, Legio_X_ said:

Not a rumor. Confirmation that high tier CV game play is more broken than ever. GG Wargaming !!

[WOLF7]
Members
12,235 posts
51 minutes ago, Raven114 said:

Why try to start another controversy on the Forum and let WG collect there Stats and analysis so they can tweak it.:Smile_facepalm:

Possibly because WG seems to have no idea how to balance it? After three years?:Smile_teethhappy:

• Boring 1

[-RNG-]
Supertester
2,774 posts
3,689 battles

If you think about it... spamming planes in a BB heavy match farming permanent floods. I could see it. Must have been some weak aa botes

[SIDE]
Members
796 posts
4,484 battles

Tier 10 CVs are the only ones that can do that. The other lower tier CVs are way more balanced.

[DAKI]
Privateers, Members
8,827 posts
7,770 battles
1 hour ago, Skpstr said:

Of course, if one guy did it in one game, that's not going to affect balancing, it'll be an overall increase in CV damage across the board that WG will be looking for.

Considering the scale of things, actually I think it should be taken into consideration. Up until last week the global damage record was iirc 450k. That this record got broken, and not just by a small margin, within less than a week after the rework went live is concerning to say the least. 

• Cool 1

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
9,690 posts

As some others have said here, playing a tier X CV guarantees that you never will be low tier. Playing the top IJN ship also guarantees that you never have to worry about AA unless you just stumble into some because the torpedo range exceeds the AA range. Conversely, if there are two tier X battleships in close proximity then good luck getting a Lexington's torpedoes within range to do much to them. In the late game, perhaps, you will have better luck if your team has depleted them of AA modules but in the early game they will shred you.

Edited by Snargfargle

[WOLF1]
Members
4,327 posts
1,975 battles
1 hour ago, Snargfargle said:

The Hakuryu leads the CV damage due to its long-range torps but it did too under the old CV mechanic. The Midway was next, which showed how OP the unicums were in CVs under the old mechanic. Most CVs do far less damage. In the 30 or so CV games I've played since 8.0 dropped most CVs are falling in the middle of the pack.

It's the stealth torps from Hakuryu. They drop a set from stealth, then you can go closer and drop some more, and then all 3 sets hit at once while the usually non-maneuvering target eats them all.

(A maneuvering target wouldn't have eaten them all, just like with DD stealth-torps)

[LEGIT]
Members
1,958 posts
26,990 battles

You know there's always going to be a stand out player that cracks the bell curve, so I may not be too concerned right now.

The games I've been in so far haven't been CV dominated.  

• Cool 2

[OO7]
Members
5,627 posts
12,373 battles

So instead of being able to shut the enemy cv down as before, they can just double and triple the damage of the enemy CVs instead. 

Beta Testers
1,602 posts
10,092 battles
2 hours ago, Legio_X_ said:

Yawn.  Once in a lifetime match is totally solid data to base a judgement on.

[SYN]
Members
15,394 posts
12,569 battles

I've seen 440k max damage from Haku and 200k~300k avg. damage from Haku

But you will have to post a screen shot of someone scoring 550k, because I've yet to see that

[CAST]
Members
4,756 posts

From what I've heard to far, the Tier 10 CVs might be too strong ... but the Tier 6 and 8 CVs are too weak.

Hopefully, the dev blog will start discussing some adjustments soon.