Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Joker6787

Goal achieved-First steel ship in port

13 comments in this topic

[AFK]
Members
75 posts
8,900 battles

After grinding steel forever, I finally got this baby in port.  Thank You Wargaming for the snowflakes which helped out a ton!

stalin.jpg

• Cool 3

[HINON]
Supertester
21,751 posts
15,534 battles

Nice, nice. Grats on achieving a goal. And you went for one of the big boys at that.

[AFK]
Members
75 posts
8,900 battles
47 minutes ago, Lert said:

Nice, nice. Grats on achieving a goal. And you went for one of the big boys at that.

Thanks Lert, I appreciate it.  Figured the best way to maximize the coupon was to go for either Burgogne or Stalin.  Flint had no interest to me and Black struggles with those slow but powerful torps.  Seemed like the best choice would be Stalin due to its superior gunnery.

[HINON]
Supertester
21,751 posts
15,534 battles
1 minute ago, Joker6787 said:

Black struggles with those slow but powerful torps.

Counterpoint: everyone is so preoccupied with fast and easy-to-use torps that slow, area-denial torps like Black's are a change of pace and people aren't expecting them.

[AFK]
Members
75 posts
8,900 battles
1 minute ago, Lert said:

Counterpoint: everyone is so preoccupied with fast and easy-to-use torps that slow, area-denial torps like Black's are a change of pace and people aren't expecting them.

I can see that.  Actually I did get nuked in ranked by a Black once, however my goal was to lure him out.  Since, we were up on points and I did not want him to get away and torp more full health teammates.  But boy those things hit hard!

[HINON]
Supertester
21,751 posts
15,534 battles
Just now, Joker6787 said:

But boy those things hit hard!

They sure do. My tactic is not to try and nail specific ships with them but dump them into high-traffic lanes, choke points, etc.

[HINON]
Modder, Privateers
6,796 posts
4,622 battles

Congrats! My goal is that ship too, I just need to gain a few ranks before having enough steel for her.

[AFK]
Members
75 posts
8,900 battles
1 hour ago, Doomlock said:

Congrats! My goal is that ship too, I just need to gain a few ranks before having enough steel for her.

Thank you.  I had to reach rank 6 this season to get it.  Keep on pressing on-Glory awaits! You can do it!

[AFK]
Members
75 posts
8,900 battles
4 hours ago, Doomlock said:

Thank you always nice to make a long term goal and achieve it.  Keeps us going in the right direction. Keep on and it will be yours.

Edited by Joker6787
typo

[SYN]
Members
5,380 posts
12,629 battles
5 hours ago, Joker6787 said:

After grinding steel forever, I finally got this baby in port.  Thank You Wargaming for the snowflakes which helped out a ton!

You certainly got the prize.  Congratulations!

[AFK]
Members
75 posts
8,900 battles
20 minutes ago, Hanger_18 said:

Congrats, come back in a few hours to tell us how OP it isnt.

Played one game so far-lol on Ocean.  It performed very well and we won even though 3 players on the enemy team were from an elite clan.  AP all the way!

Edited by Joker6787

Sign in to follow this