You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ensign_Cthulhu

Regarding the plane-kill tasks in Fly-Strike-Win

6 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Members
13,945 posts
9,001 battles

Dear WG:

I note that these tasks must be accomplished in Randoms only.

I get why - Bot CV's don't currently exist, and the absence of odd tier CV's means that Ranked is also out. But there are these little things called catapult scouts and fighters, and I am sure I killed enough of those in co-op last night to make a fair inroad into the totals you wanted.

It might have been better if you had specified carrier-based aircraft as being the ones needing killing.

[WOLFC]
Members
1,924 posts

And not Scenarios either, which I believe are in most other directives/tasks.  I think they specifically used Randoms to collect more AA vs CV plane data.

edit: especially since they are in all 4 directives.

Edited by DocWalker

[HELLS]
Members
2,293 posts
21,880 battles

Six Randoms in Montana, five with CVs in them, three with two CVs per side, job done. No shootdowns in the game without a CV, none in two of the games with CVs. Four of those games were losses since our team had average CV drivers while the reds had good ones. I tried as much as possible to stay grouped with another ship, preferably a CA/CL, but there are too many individualists who objected to my presence within 2.5 km in chat that I took far too much salt. I never used my priority AA sector definition as I prefer all-around defence and the function takes too long to reset in the heat of the action. Since my Montana is spec'd as a secondaries build, I get a bit more AA as a side benefit. I had one other game in a DD (Benson) where the DD managed to shoot down 1 strike plane before it got taken out by waves of rockets. That ended my adventures in Randoms with a DD until some balance and sanity prevail. Until that happens my Montana secondaries crews are going to be lonely...nothing to do...on a side note, for DDs that pop smoke on you to avoid immediate deletion by your attack planes..circle outside the AA bubble and wait for the consumable to run out, especially for RN DDs, then nail them during the smoke cooldown...you will get lots of salt in chat...

[PN]
[PN]
Beta Testers
7,806 posts
18,402 battles

It took a little longer than it should have but even without using any CV or super AA ship I completed all of those in random using my usual haphazard co op play style for DD, CA and BB!

[PVE]
Members
16,701 posts
10,908 battles
2 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Dear WG:

I note that these tasks must be accomplished in Randoms only.

I get why - Bot CV's don't currently exist, and the absence of odd tier CV's means that Ranked is also out. But there are these little things called catapult scouts and fighters, and I am sure I killed enough of those in co-op last night to make a fair inroad into the totals you wanted.

It might have been better if you had specified carrier-based aircraft as being the ones needing killing.

2 hours ago, DocWalker said:

And not Scenarios either, which I believe are in most other directives/tasks.  I think they specifically used Randoms to collect more AA vs CV plane data.

edit: especially since they are in all 4 directives.

You can complete the directives without doing the plane missions and it is even easier if you have Anshan, Huanghe, Loyang and/or Irian, so unless you play randoms and get plane kills along the way, save them for when you have unlocked Directive IV. Then you can complete all of them at the same time in Randoms.

[ARGSY]
Members
13,945 posts
9,001 battles

Thanks for the advice, all. The problem is not so much the completion as the frustration that I can't take advantage of unwary scout or fighter planes here and there in co-op to boost the numbers.

I completed requirements for all four directives last night, and as a consequence I have time either to derp in co-op, finish off the air missions should I so choose, or just pick a ship and grind it. I am currently just over 30K away from the Jervis, and it would be nice to load up some flags, grind out the Icarus and get its captain to 10 points while I can still get her into the Jervis without retraining penalties. Reckon ten randoms with heavy stacking of the right Draconics ought to do it, especially if I can pull off a productive game on the first Random win while 200% is still active.

23 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

even easier if you have Anshan, Huanghe, Loyang and/or Irian

Anshan was one of my first bought premiums when she was dirt cheap in last year's Steam sale, and I am REALLY congratulating myself hard on that one right now. 

• Cool 1