Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
warheart1992

Azuma Tier IX gameplay or how accuracy is worth the price

8 comments in this topic

[HYDRO]
Members
3,623 posts
5,148 battles

Happened upon this, freshly uploaded and gotta admit, Azuma looks quite appealing. Quite fragile, big target and not that hard to citadel when showing broadside, but on the other hand BB caliber main battery with the accuracy of a cruiser. Basically she will be able to punish mistakes brilliantly but also punished hard for her mistakes.

Thought I should share, god knows the forums could use a break from the CV rework threads.

[INTEL]
Members
7,276 posts
31,382 battles

Flambass likes it. He also said he thinks it might be sold for steel (we don't know yet), which  will make it a rare ship.

[HYDRO]
Members
3,623 posts
5,148 battles
4 minutes ago, alexf24 said:

Flambass likes it. He also said he thinks it might be sold for steel (we don't know yet), which  will make it a rare ship.

Stalingrad goes for 28k Steel, Black for 14k. Destroyers are always on the cheaper side price wise however. I think a pricetag of 18-20k would be appropriate. Of course all that provided WG doesn't feel there is Steel saturation as well. :Smile_hiding:

Edited by warheart1992

[WOLF3]
Members
1,693 posts
6,417 battles

I feel cheated now with my Kronstadt. 

Wow, he could sure make those guns sing!  Looks like Azuma is going to be the new flavor of the month.

[DAKI]
Privateers, Members
8,831 posts
7,770 battles

I like how so far all three T9 Large Cruisers fill their own niche. We got the close playing Alaska, the broadside punishing kiter with radar if needed, and now the extremely accurate but fragile kiter. A nice variety between the ships.

Of course worth mentioning that two of the three are still WiP, and stats and things can change. But I hope these general identities remain.

[HINON]
Supertester
21,729 posts
15,451 battles

Azuma is ok. It wasn't a chore playtesting her, she has some good parts. But she didn't particularly stand out to me either. I think I'd reach for my Kronshtadt or Alaska (when she comes out) before driving Azuma, if she stays the way she is now.

[NGAGE]
Clan Supertest Coordinator
4,621 posts
6,965 battles
52 minutes ago, Lert said:

Azuma is ok. It wasn't a chore playtesting her, she has some good parts. But she didn't particularly stand out to me either. I think I'd reach for my Kronshtadt or Alaska (when she comes out) before driving Azuma, if she stays the way she is now.

[insert work in progress disclaimer here]

I think the Azuma needs some help in the survivability department, but other than that in my time play testing her I found she is far more enjoyable to play than the Alaska or Kronshtadt.  For me the appeal of large gun cruisers is their guns, and the Azuma has the best handling guns of any of them at Tier 9.  She has better HE, only increased further by her dispersion, than the Alaska and Kronshtadt, and I find her to be the most reliable at blapping broadside cruisers.  As previously mentioned she is seriously lacking in the survivability department, but that's an issue I'm mostly willing to overlook.  I can enjoy a "bad ship" if it has good guns (Azuma), but I can't stand a "good ship" if it has unreliable guns, (Kronshtadt).  I'm not sure how I'd rank them all in terms of pure competitive strength, the Azuma might even be the worst in her current state given how squishy she is, but I'm addicted to it.  

Edited by yashma

Sign in to follow this